Sponsored

Mykale220

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Off-road (cement)
Finally was able to get some new shoes put on my 24 ORP. I did need to remove the crash plates in the front fender well, and remove the front mud flaps. She still rubs a little in the front if I back up and turn quickly, due to the nose dipping down. I may end up trimming some of the felt to prevent that.

Observations after driving for one day: I did lose a good bit of fuel mileage. So far it looks like I went from an average of 16-17, to 14-15. It has plenty of power to turn the wheels, but I would say it feels like a 15-20 percent reduction in “peppiness”. It still gets up to speed just fine, but definitely doesn’t feel as quick. I thought eco mode was super lame before, but it’s twice as shitty now.

The truck rides well on the new tires and lift, maybe even smoother than on the stock tires. The tires are nice and quiet for a hybrid A/T M/T tire and only have a very slight amount of hum, which I would say is comparable to how my stock tires sounded. There is a little bit of a bounce at highway speed, but that is normal for bigger tires and a lifted truck. I will say that I find myself going much slower now as it does feel like I’m going faster than I actually am (probably just getting use to the lift).

As far as RPM’s go, it isn’t as bad as I figured it would be and stays around 2k RPM at 80ish MPH on the highway, likely due to the extra 2 gears in the 8 speed transmission.

I do plan on adding some bolt on performance mods when they are available to try and get back some of the “peppiness” that was lost with the lift and bigger tires. Probably a programmer, S&B cold air intake when available, and maybe a down pipe and/or a more free flowing exhaust to help it breathe a little better.

Thanks for taking the time to read and if any SR5 guys out there (close by to northern GA) want to upgrade your wheels I have my stock TRD OR wheels and tires with low miles on them that I’ll part with. Shoot me a message and I’ll cut you a great deal.

285:65R20 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A:T, 20x9” Fuel Tech (Anthracite) +25 offset, Westcott 2.5...jpg

285:65R20 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A:T, 20x9” Fuel Tech (Anthracite) +25 offset, Westcott 2.5...jpg

IMG_4867.jpeg

IMG_4868.jpeg

IMG_4870.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro