Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21'+ 22" Broncos, Lexus GX470, Toyota FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

2D Bronco love. Metal-tech 4x4 is pleased to release our Frame Mounted 100% bolt on, no drilling, Step SLIDERS! They work as a step, a urben door ding guard, but mainly they support a full hit from the trail w/o stressing your body. Real sliders. The trademarked 2 Stage Rub Rail protects your truck, by the kick out pushing the rig away from an obstacle saving your quarter panel. Every trail facing edge on the slider body is ramped, main rail front and back, as well as the rub rail. Check out our release video that better shows all the features.

Ready to order? 2D Frame Mount Step Sliders - Taking orders now! ( 4D frame mount Step SLIDERS in stock and shipping) First 2D Sliders will be shipping after Feb. 17th! Install video coming.

https://metaltech4x4.com/metal-tech-2021-ford-bronco-2-door-sliders/
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Metal-tech 4x4

Metal-tech 4x4

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

More coming from us for the 2 Doors! These sliders are allot like the other parts we make, we stock what we build. Sure time to time we run out and have some lead time but its not built to order, we do work to stock what we design and build. Of course made in house, made in USA.

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I also wear size 12 steel toe shoes will I get in an out ok?

Reactions: Cat

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will these work with the Ford Gatorback mud flaps? I have the Gatorback's that fit with the OEM rock rail, so it's cut out for the rail to fit through. Curious how that plays wit these.

Thanks!

EffenNewGuy

Black Diamond
First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 Silverado LS, '14 Subaru Impreza Sport Ltd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Damn. Anybody want to buy a set of “slightly used” zroadz sliders? 😁😁 I’d much rather have the frame mounted variety.

OP
OP
Metal-tech 4x4

Metal-tech 4x4

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

2dr here how much?
$1395.95 for the pair powder coated. We have a 10% off coupon live on the front of our website so people are ordering them for $1256.35

I also wear size 12 steel toe shoes will I get in an out ok?
Yes. I am same, Redwing #2416 boots everyday. Step works great for getting in and out. I mainly use it for accessing the roof, or getting a better view when I am winching my buddies Jeep out.....

Will these work with the Ford Gatorback mud flaps? I have the Gatorback's that fit with the OEM rock rail, so it's cut out for the rail to fit through. Curious how that plays wit these.

Thanks!
Not sure on the Gatorback mud flaps, but in the video and photos you will see our test truck has factory mud flaps and the sliders clear them.

OP
OP
Metal-tech 4x4

Metal-tech 4x4

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Nice but 1,400 is a little steep 🫠
I get it.

Design goal #1 = Build the best performing 100% bolt on no drill frame mounted sliders. Based on real world offroading with over 20 yrs of experience and built in house, in the USA.

Design goal #2 = Build the best looking sliders using our trademarked Rub Rail to not only protect the rocker, but also the radius of the doors and the quarter panel. Make the rub rail and deck to also work as practical step for getting in/out and access roof.

Design goal #3 = Keep the price as competitive as possible. Believe in our products to build to stock, so we ship from inventory. This way customers can get the parts faster and when we do run out, we already have a production run going in house with known ship dates.

Price was 3rd on the list. We know not all our products are a fit for everyone. But for those looking for pure performance, backed with 23yrs of real world offroading*, building sliders and supporting our customers to protect their $50-80k trucks, that extra $200 per side..... so worth it.

*30+ yrs off roading experience, 23yrs professionally as a design and fabricator. Each feature on these sliders has a story behind them. Like why BOTH ends of the main bodies are ramped 45*. Circa 2002: It was a 4" tree branch on the "Full Monkey" trail in South Dakota (i.e. the real Badlands), flipped up between the slider body end and the rear tire. Had to back up... it was not happening with a blunt end on the sliders. It was also 110* with no wind on that granit trail. Tore up my knuckles trying to move the branch by hand, no go. As a sweaty mess with a bleeding hand I had to hi-lift jack the truck up by the slider (frame mounted of course), pull the jack handle, then using the 3 tires on the ground (fully locked) drive forward OFF the jack in an arc move. It was enough to get the tire to bite the branch so I could drive over it. Did I mention it was so hot I had been robbing ICE from my ice chest to wrap in a rag to stuff on top of the external high pressure fuel pump that kept thermaling out, killing engine. So by the time I was done getting of that thick branch, I reached for cold water and found just nasty hot leftover ice chest water. It was delicious. When I got back to Oregon from that trip, sliders came off and all ends 45* ramped. Lesson learned and why 100% of all Metal-tech 4x4 sliders have ramped ends and the rails are also ramped both ways. Not copied by from someone else, not so it looked cool, but from real world experience of dealing with an obstacle that literally took blood and sweat to overcome. I love off roading and building better things based on boots on the trail.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Metal-tech 4x4

Metal-tech 4x4

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

@Metal 4x4 What's the weight on these including all mountings?
Great question. We have a set I can weigh, just need the sub brackets. We will have those back this next week from powder. Will weigh a full set with no packaging as soon as we have those parts back in.

Vandy

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would these still fit a Black Diamond that already comes with factory rock sliders?

OP
OP
Metal-tech 4x4

Metal-tech 4x4

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Would these still fit a Black Diamond that already comes with factory rock sliders?
Yes. The factory "sliders" bolt to the body, these come off and are then replaced by the frame mounted sliders.

Significant difference over what came on our trucks from Ford. The Ford rails only lightly protect the rocker not the radius of the door and not the quarter panel. Of course the main difference is the factory rails only bolt to the body in a few points, vrs. going to the strongest part of the truck, the frame.
Sponsored