First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just wanted to get some speculative thoughts on my order scenario and when would be reasonable to expect scheduling for production given the current commodity restrictions. Had a relatively early reservation but converted to order only recently. Really don’t know what to expect, but I’m optimistically hoping to have it by the end of this year.

Reservation Date: 7/19/20
Order Date: 1/24/22
Configuration: 2 Door, Hardtop, Manual, Black Diamond, Area 51
Options: Keyless Entry Keypad
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would say that the end of the year is possible but can't say that I'd be optimistic. Some out there just had their 2022MY estimated February delivery dates pushed back to the end of May not to mention that production has been halted due to chip shortages. I dare say you'll be in for a long haul but stranger things have happened.

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2D HT MT BD: What’s My Outlook? magic-eight-ball-outlook-not-so-good-photo-researchers-inc

Sorry, it made me think of this.
I hope you get a VIN soon. The way Ford has handled the reservation system is a total fail.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You don't seem constrained on much beyond the two door. A few weeks ago I would have said spring-summer, unless you're stuck at a dealer with bad allocation.

With the plant shutdown and the formation of Ice Mountain, it's hard to predict delivery times for even the "built" 2021 Broncos. Things are in freefall right now, and Ford itself likely has no clue when your Bronco is being produced.

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if HT == MOD top, MY23!

77Highboy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Jags, 2 Jeeps, Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just wanted to get some speculative thoughts on my order scenario and when would be reasonable to expect scheduling for production given the current commodity restrictions. Had a relatively early reservation but converted to order only recently. Really don’t know what to expect, but I’m optimistically hoping to have it by the end of this year.

Reservation Date: 7/19/20
Order Date: 1/24/22
Configuration: 2 Door, Hardtop, Manual, Black Diamond, Area 51
Options: Keyless Entry Keypad
Right there with ya! 19 months and counting.
Res Date: 7/20/20
1st Order date in Feb of 21 (I think)
October / November converted to MY 22
2nd Order date in November of 21, changed to Badlands
3rd Order date in January of 22, changed from 2.7 to 2.3, man, dropped sasquatch, dropped tow
My build, as it stands now: 2D, Man, 2.3L, Badlands, Lux, MGV

It's like a stack of swiss cheese....as you stack up the slices, eventually there are no holes that go all the way through...or like a filter criteria so narrow, getting through becomes a small miracle.

The "algorithm" seems to be something like this which I assume runs weekly, until just recently when production was halted due to chip shortages (which BTW, article in the news says GM planned ahead while Ford is running contingencies and damage control):

0) Start: Weekly build planning +
1) Reservation date +
2) Build spec +
3) Production Capacity +
4) Parts Available? (if y, on to 5, else, back to 0 next week) +
5) Factory build setup (is the factory building those configs)? (if y, on to 6, else back to 0)+
6) Assigned dealer allocation? (if y, on to 7, else back to 0)+
7) Pull order, schedule build, notify dealer / customer (if y, "lucky!!", else on to 8)
8) Repeat

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The "algorithm" seems to be something like this which I assume runs weekly
I think it was more like monthly (the scheduling weeks). Otherwise your algorithm fits my rough mental model of what is happening.

The "fun" part of that algorithm is how buildable orders that come long after yours use up your dealer's allocation, so when your parts are finally available months later, now you fail the allocation check.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You never know. My 2 door 7mt BD managed to get scheduled ahead of others at my dealer.

2/23/21 reservation 2/24/21 order and reordered in October, then removed tow and mod bumper in December and 2 weeks later I got scheduled.

77Highboy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Jags, 2 Jeeps, Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it was more like monthly (the scheduling weeks). Otherwise your algorithm fits my rough mental model of what is happening.

The "fun" part of that algorithm is how buildable orders that come long after yours use up your dealer's allocation, so when your parts are finally available months later, now you fail the allocation check.
Yup....and seems mixed results as to dealer's ability to tell you where you are in the queue with respect to others. If you are right about monthly instead of weekly, that would mean 12 shots on goal instead of 52 inside of a year, and now take away presumably n months until Chip shortage resolved.

By the way, maybe this has been asked and answered; I assume the factory closes due to chip shortages will also put on hold production scheduling? Meaning, would Ford continue their periodic order review and scheduling process, factoring in an assumed factory re-start timeframe, or, is the whole process on pause?

Good point about new orders though...I guess the whole reason for periodic scheduling is to consider the whole equation, plus new orders, all together in order to fill a given week's production run. They can't build what they don't have parts for, but it does seem allocations just further complicates the process beyond comprehension.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoSC

BroncoSC

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For any of those interested, I just checked my account and noticed I've been scheduled for production on June 6, 2022!! I didn't received any email from Ford or notification from my dealer, so I nearly spat out my coffee when I saw the update.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For any of those interested, I just checked my account and noticed I've been scheduled for production on June 6, 2022!! I didn't received any email from Ford or notification from my dealer, so I nearly spat out my coffee when I saw the update.
Sounds right. I ordered mine in Dec and its being built now and ETA to dealer is May 5th.

OP
OP
BroncoSC

BroncoSC

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats!
Been showing "In Production" from 4/11 to now. So I'm not holding my breath for the May 5th delivery. I have Lux, Towing, Roof rack and Keypad. So I'm sure there will be a hold up. But I didn't expect it until this winter, so I'm happy to get it so soon.