First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Base
Curious if anyone has seen something like this for the Jeep. I know it's been axed for the 2d. I'd love this as an aftermarket. 2' long and load bearing, and with the top window up, the 2dr Bronco becomes a sleeper with top window to cover from any light rain etc.
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

By the time you build the frame and brackets its only going to pull out like 12 inches. The 2 door is just too tiny for a tail gate.

(I know there is a joke in there somewhere, @Rick Astley will find it.)

OP
OP
tlubull

tlubull

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bet one could get crafty with a fold-out sort of option. Imagine a slide and unfold mechanism. Might be a heavy, massive piece. But I have to think it could be done. If the surrounding hardware can handle the loads.

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
By the time you build the frame and brackets its only going to pull out like 12 inches. The 2 door is just too tiny for a tail gate.

What is the cargo measurements on the two door? I'm sure the pull out could be whatever that full length is, as all the mechanism would be underneath the pull out. Still might not be enough to be very functional though.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would be nice to have one in the 2 door just not enough room. For the 4 door it would be better to have a sliding load floor similar to a 4 runner instead of the tailgate. It would be dual purpose.

Sponsored

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bet one could get crafty with a fold-out sort of option. Imagine a slide and unfold mechanism. Might be a heavy, massive piece. But I have to think it could be done. If the surrounding hardware can handle the loads.
Yeah, I think you're on to something there. If it were folded, the extra height could possible level out the entire floor with the seats folded down. IIRC, the 2 rear seats were higher than the 4D seats when folded. Not sure if the side rolling mechanism would be strong enough when all folded out, but possible.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How about putting a hinge on that pullout. Slide it out, then unfold it to double it's depth.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is the cargo measurements on the two door? I'm sure the pull out could be whatever that full length is, as all the mechanism would be underneath the pull out. Still might not be enough to be very functional though.
When allotting for the thickness of the door (which will protrude into the cargo area to some degree) you're looking at about 18"

Remember, the shorter the overall depth of the slide out is, the less leverage and space you'll have to support the weight of a full grown man* out on the end of it when it's extended. I suspect this was part of the problem Ford ran in to.

Ford Bronco 2d Pullout Tailgate Aftermarket 1608304761684

(Credit to @Aman for providing us with this picture.)

Last edited:

DesertChip

Badlands
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Q5, 2017 GTI, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think something that unfolds made of plywood (maybe Baltic Birch) or aluminum. Secure it with a cargo strap across it from the hooks in the back, I think there are some. Then, maybe add a telescoping leg or two for extra support.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think something that unfolds made of plywood (maybe Baltic Birch) or aluminum. Secure it with a cargo strap across it from the hooks in the back, I think there are some. Then, maybe add a telescoping leg or two for extra support.

Land Rover Discovery has this now - it is a tailgate that folds out when the hatch is opened -
and I can attest it holds a significant weight -

also when in its folded position it sits straight up - so if the Bronco tailgate is 18 tall - then the platform will be 18" tall - so no restriction on it having to lay flat.

Ford Bronco 2d Pullout Tailgate Aftermarket 1608306739323

Last edited:

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am thinking some one will come out with something. I am thinking of doing rear seat delete on mine so would be cool to have some sort of option with a flat deck to cover the whole space with integrated slide out tailgate. it would give more room for a slide out tailgate.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

12 inches is a lot to some people! Lol

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Land Rover Discovery has this now - it is a tailgate that folds out when the hatch is opened -
and I can attest it holds a significant weight -

also when in its folded position it sits straight up - so if the Bronco tailgate is 18 tall - then the platform will be 18" tall - so no restriction on it having to lay flat.

Ford Bronco 2d Pullout Tailgate Aftermarket 1608306739323
That looks like something that could be made easily enough. Hmm..... :unsure:
Sponsored