Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

At these prices adapting behavior sounds pretty good.

I've ridden bikes long distance many times and I'm used to planning routes for fuel every 100-150 miles. Having a family in a car results in about the same thing.
Every 2 door owner should Google “The Serenity Prayer”.

I just got back from a round trip from MT to AZ and back. 1200 miles each way. First long trip with the Bronco. Towing a camper. Averaged around 11 mpg (ouch). So…yeah…..I know all about that damn tiny tank under my 2 door.

But you know what? After the first few stops I learned to embrace what I couldn’t change. Stopping more frequently for gas gave me more time to get out and stretch than I otherwise would take. Made the trip less fatiguing.

But I’m no fool. To keep the stress at bay I had a full gas can strapped to the side of the camper.

For when this happened (which happened more than once)…

9D73B73D-AD88-424D-A80B-4BD42568B472.jpeg
When you cross Nevada on either of the main north/south roads, the gas stations are far enough apart, that it is a good habit to just stop at every station and top off.

The first time I did it, during the trip I was resenting the extra time it was adding. But at the end of that trip, I felt less exhausted than other trips of the same length, and I hadn't had any episodes of serious road hypnosis like trips where I kept doing long stretches without stopping. 😍

So ever since then, I will stop often even if I don't need to. Now when I am planning a trip, I add in a ton of extra time for my ETA to account for stopping every hour or two for 15 to 30 minutes. 😁😁
Sponsored

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd like to say replace the exhaust with an aftermarket the moves the muffler from the rear to middle of the vehicle and install a fuel cell (or equiv.) where the old muffler was - lots of room. But the Ford Pinto comes to mind. 🚙 🔥
I'd trust a Pinto before a Tesla, but I digress.

I'm just looking for a hi-tuck that doesn't sound like crap paired with a Downpipe before I do that

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anything for the 2drs for less whores yet?
Sponsored