Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed an icon 3” lift on my badlands Sasquatch.

This was my first time really digging into my car to do a somewhat major modification. I have to say it was fun to get in there and see how everything works and is put together no matter how much of a pain in the ass it was to install.

I really love how it turned out. I do rub at near full lock only in reverse on the rear crashbar mount and fender liner. I’ll have to get back in there with a Sawzall when I get time.

Going to install Broncbuster stuff tomorrow then hit the trails this weekend. Might end up trashing the fenders. Oh well, just gives me an excuse to buy new ones (hopefully that’s not the case though).

My build so far:
Icon 3” lift and tubular F&R control arms
37x12.5 KM3s
17x8.5 -15 Fuel Slayers
Hammerbuilt Tailgate reinforcement
Xpel Stealth PPF
Diode dynamics SS3 pro ditch lights
Diode dynamics SS3 and SSC2 sport fogs
Jb4 piggyback tuner
Whipple Filter
Broncbuster steering rack housing
Broncbuster bushing and braces
Dv8 shock skids and diff skid
3” custom axle-back exhaust system

Update: Added Rampage Trailview fastback soft top

C17E99C7-D4E2-4DD9-83E1-2BB8B302820A.jpeg

6972D21C-A933-4206-B04F-067F2F907CB1.jpeg

F535938B-81E9-4173-943D-FF70F26D7D23.jpeg

BA3809C6-CFD6-4A54-8917-6FE8FD0B1AE0.jpeg

30091F43-0B6D-4E37-93D3-176500146471.jpeg

33EE0860-9BD3-41E9-8851-DBAFBD1CE741.jpeg

IMG_3025.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Broncobro04

Broncobro04

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great. With a true 37” there will be much more rubbing.
Thanks. That’s why I went with the km3. It’s a damn good tire and not a true 37. Thought that little bit might keep me from rubbing too much but oh well

OP
OP
Broncobro04

Broncobro04

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you had wheels in the +20-0 range would that improve your rubbing?
It would probably minimize it but I don’t think it’d eliminate it. But I think that would decrease the poke enough to avoid rubbing on the fender flare at compression but I have yet to test that so maybe not

Sponsored

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another good looking 2-Door!

I think it's the Negative wheel offset that causes the rubbing. 3" over Sasquatch should be more than enough lift for those tires.

Steed76

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Beautiful 2 door! Perfect setup! #goals

OP
OP
Broncobro04

Broncobro04

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another good looking 2-Door!

I think it's the Negative wheel offset that causes the rubbing. 3" over Sasquatch should be more than enough lift for those tires.
So I got to take it off road and I’ll say it rubs like no other but it appeared to be all fender liner. Ended up cutting off a piece in the corner of the liner that got pulled and started to curl up. It does not rub on the fender flare at full compression, it’s reaaaaally close but not quite there. Maybe an 1/4” of clearance lol. I thought 0 offset would be the sweet spot but another guy in the group was also rubbing like crazy with 0 offset. Anything positive and I think it will rub on the suspension components. So really no way around rubbing without modifying anything

BC8A8EE1-B0B5-4BFD-97AB-B87F27BBEA40.png

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I got to take it off road and I’ll say it rubs like no other but it appeared to be all fender liner. Ended up cutting off a piece in the corner of the liner that got pulled and started to curl up. It does not rub on the fender flare at full compression, it’s reaaaaally close but not quite there. Maybe an 1/4” of clearance lol. I thought 0 offset would be the sweet spot but another guy in the group was also rubbing like crazy with 0 offset. Anything positive and I think it will rub on the suspension components. So really no way around rubbing without modifying anything

BC8A8EE1-B0B5-4BFD-97AB-B87F27BBEA40.png

I have had +18 and now +6 Offset Wheels installed with Toyo 37s and about a 3" Lift. No rubbing what so ever.

It doesn't seem right that with more lift you are getting that much rubbing? That -15 Offset really gets the tire too far out and the "Turning Arc" or Radius is too big and puts the tire into the fender. I'm surprised because the tires really do not stick out that far from a visual stand point.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Broncobro04

Broncobro04

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had +18 and now +6 Offset Wheels installed with Toyo 37s and about a 3" Lift. No rubbing what so ever.

It doesn't seem right that with more lift you are getting that much rubbing? That -15 Offset really gets the tire too far out and the "Turning Arc" or Radius is too big and puts the tire into the fender. I'm surprised because the tires really do not stick out that far from a visual stand point.
Maybe that’s the sweet spot then. I’m going to cut that crash bar mount and then trim up the fender and possibly do the dv8 liners and it should clear everything up

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nice looking 2dr for sure. On this first picture, it looks like your camber is off causing the top of the tires to lean inward. Is this true or is it the picture angle? If it is true have you gotten an alignment?

OP
OP
Broncobro04

Broncobro04

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice looking 2dr for sure. On this first picture, it looks like your camber is off causing the top of the tires to lean inward. Is this true or is it the picture angle? If it is true have you gotten an alignment?
I’ve since gotten it aligned. I took these pics the day that I finished the lift and alignment was the next day

WakeSS

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 AGM Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you happy with the Icon 3"?
I've been debating the UCA/Spacer, Eibach Springs, or adjustable Coil over route.

OP
OP
Broncobro04

Broncobro04

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you happy with the Icon 3"?
I've been debating the UCA/Spacer, Eibach Springs, or adjustable Coil over route.
Honestly I really pushed my bronco these past two weekends, jumped it, did some rock crawling, and the spacer was perfectly fine. Kinda has me convinced that aftermarket coilovers may be more bling, at least until some more stuff for the bronco comes out. I don’t do any high speed Baja stuff though which is where coilovers would really shine. Don’t get me wrong, coilovers are nice, but I spent far less money and have no issues
Sponsored