Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We ordered and installed the Twill Bestop soft top for our 2 door maybe a week or two after we took delivery of the Bronco. Best mod we've done BY FAR. If it isn't raining, the top comes down every time we drive it. I can easily lower / raise the top and my wife (short) has even figured out how to do it with almost no issues - beside being short LOL.

That being said - the other day, top was down, we're riding along and I kept hearing a rattle. A new rattle. After strapping down the rear seat belts (we removed the rear seats) we've had no rattles or noises. Got to where we were going and went to put the top up. Heard a scratching noise - and noticed this:

Ford Bronco 2dr Bestop Issue - Shoutout to Bestop Broken softtop 1

Ford Bronco 2dr Bestop Issue - Shoutout to Bestop Broken softtop 2

Ford Bronco 2dr Bestop Issue - Shoutout to Bestop Broken softtop 3

Looks like the weld failed. It's not really a weight support point either. It's called the "control rod" - that small rod bolts to the tab that's welded on the what Bestop calls the "Bow".

Called Bestop (call the 800# and then press the button to receive a call back - took them about an hour - but heck, I was 15th in the call queue when I called 2 minutes after they opened) emailed the guy pictures. He's sending me replacement parts on their dime. Granted with supply chain how it is - odds are it will take a week or so - but that's affecting everyone nowadays.

Sure - it sucks that it broke - but shit happens.

Nice to see a vendor stand behind their parts without a lot of back and forth.
Sponsored

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
wasnt like that for me.

Took 3+ hours on the phone in line to get parts that should have been in the box but werent. Also damaged window panels

Still have not arrived.

It better be awesome....

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
wasnt like that for me.

Took 3+ hours on the phone in line to get parts that should have been in the box but werent. Also damaged window panels

Still have not arrived.

It better be awesome....
give them time for the panels. I reported 2 slightly damaged panels back in april.. they said they'd replace, but were backordered. both replacement panels arrived today. Took some time, but free of charge.

toddf125

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Hummer H2, 07 Dodgeram 3500 SRW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good morning, question. My girlfriend bought me this soft top for my 2dr. One it ain't cheap and two, not sure if I like it. I have had soft tops on jeeps before and loved it. Here in the northeast I will only have it on probably 6 months of the year. Side note, she doesn't like the top off or both top and doors off because it messes up here hair!😭 Any opinions are appreciated......

Bae-RONCO

Black Diamond
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Parts were missing from my package as well. I was originally told 2 days, then 1 week, now 6-8 weeks. I'm seriously considering returning the soft top and waiting for something better to come to market.

OP
OP

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

UPDATE: Finally received the parts from Bestop. Turns out the person ordered the wrong parts. I now have extra front rails.

Plus side: Called Bestop (Called and put in my number for a call back). Explained the situation, explained the part I needed was the 2 bow. Explained how long this had gone on. She overnighted the replacement part. Got it installed - good to go.
Sponsored