Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Has anyone with a four door MIC top and the factory roof racks taken off the second row panel yet? If so did you have to completely remove the roof rack or could you undo only one end and get the panel out. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks all!
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I swear I read that with the rack, the middle panel didn't have the clearance to come out.

But someone with an actual Bronco would be the better test. Of course the Roof rack option is so limited on the 4 door that it will be a rare find.

PhilS

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Per Ford, the middle panel cannot be removed while the factory rack is installed. With that said, I have not seen anyone with an actual bronco and rack test that statement. I canā€™t remember the last time Iā€™ve seen a bronco posted on any of these forums with a rack or anyone mention a rack.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Other posters are correct. Youā€™re not supposed to be able to remove the center panel with rack installed. My 4 door OBX with rack is still sitting at Dirt Mountain, but Iā€™ll test just loosening the rack when it comes in. Unless itā€™s December (which I fear) then not until spring.

OP
OP
Lakelife36

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Other posters are correct. Youā€™re not supposed to be able to remove the center panel with rack installed. My 4 door OBX with rack is still sitting at Dirt Mountain, but Iā€™ll test just loosening the rack when it comes in. Unless itā€™s December (which I fear) then not until spring.
Thanks!

Sponsored

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Couldn't one just take the rack off, remove the front two panels ,and then the large center panel and re-install the roof rack since it attaches to the clamshell?

I don't believe the rack makes contact with the center panel so I thought this would be possible. I believe the center panel can't come out with the rack installed on it, but figured the rack could be installed without the front three panels on the roof.

OP
OP
Lakelife36

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Couldn't one just take the rack off, remove the front two panels ,and then the large center panel and re-install the roof rack since it attaches to the clamshell?

I don't believe the rack makes contact with the center panel so I thought this would be possible. I believe the center panel can't come out with the rack installed on it, but figured the rack could be installed without the front three panels on the roof.
Yes that is correct. I'm hoping this can all be done quickly and easily with only one person, which one removed end and one loosened end could help with.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty sure Doug DeMuro discussed this in his review.

OP
OP
Lakelife36

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Pretty sure Doug DeMuro discussed this in his review.
Just found that video and flipped through it until I found the part about the roof at 17 minutes. Ermagherd there isn't enough cocaine in the world to sit through that whole thing. And he sort of says that it might be possible to keep the rails on but that's it. Nothing definitive. A real-life B6G owner giving feedback is definitely the best hope here.
Sponsored