Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed the lift yesterday, Haven't gotten the Tires and wheels back yet...

Before;
1644669919136.png

After;
1644669852876.png

Sorry for the angles not being the same, wasn't able to position it exactly the same.

End result is the front is actually right at 3" and the rear is slightly less than 2", Both are so close it could actually be errors in measurement on my part finding the center of the wheel.

The install was pretty trouble free, but the instructions are confusing in some places because they cover the whole Adventure series of lift kits, so there are steps with labels like;

Which wouldn't be so bad if they weren't intermixed in the middle of whole sections that your ignoring, because they don't apply... Such as disassembling the Rear strut, which you don't do on the 4 door Squatch and Badlands, but you do on everything else.

Basically, You really have to pay attention to these labels as you go through, I'd recommend a careful read through the printed instructions first, and highlighting the steps that apply to your build first.

Then there is Step 30, Where you have to pay attention in the middle of the paragraph;

I added the bold, In the rear, and all other kits you use the OEM Nuts on the top of the spacer, If you use the OEM here, they'll stick up above the top of the spacer. It was pretty obvious as soon as I saw it, but I had to go back and read the step again...

Step 22-23;

Since I did the rear first, (Low hanging fruit the rear is a lot easier), I had a pause trying to figure out why I a had a pin on the top of the strut that wouldn't let me put the spacer on, You have to remove it, But there is no mention of it , They do mention it in the front install, and I would have realized it right off if I had done the front first.

Finally When you do the fronts, there is a lot of emphasis placed on marking everything on the strut and making sure you put it back together with the same orientation, but no mention of the fact that the top is gonna be roughly 45 degrees different from start because of the spacer bolts being in a different position than OEM, as long as you remember that while reassembling the strut, it's not a problem, but if you don't you'll have to relieve pressure on the spring so you can spin the bottom of the strut and get the bar pin in the right position, like I ended up doing on the front driver.

I'll post more after I get the Tires/Wheels on and get an Alignment, Not sure when the first chance I'll get to actually wheel it will be, might not be until Memorial day when I have a Uwharrie weekend planned, but I'll try to check articulation before then.
I know its not about the mpgs but what mpg change have you seen with the lift and stock tires?

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know its not about the mpgs but what mpg change have you seen with the lift and stock tires?

It's still a fair question ;),

I'm not sure I have a conclusive answer though I only put about 10 miles on it with the stock tires before putting 37's on.

For roughly two weeks before the lift and tires I was trying out ECO Mode, and it was making a pretty significant difference on my commute (32 Miles one way on I95 north in Viriginia, ECO isn't to noticibly different than normal for power), I was getting a consistent 19.2 or above on the dash readout. Without ECO was getting around 18.4...

Since putting the lift and 37's on I've been getting around 17.8 in normal, But haven't really played with ECO yet to now how much of difference it will make, But going by "normal " mode before and after, I'd say I've lost about 1/2 a mile per gallon...

Keep in mind I'm in a Badlands Manual too, so I have 4.7gearing in the axles, I would expect anything with higher gears (Lower Numerically) To suffer more on both power and mileage.

Freedom5

Badlands
First Name
Freedom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Classic mini cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have this kit. I run 37x12.50R17LT with a 9" wide -12 offset. No rubbing at all.
Ford Bronco 3” ADVENTURE SERIES LIFT KIT FOR SASQUATCH AND BADLANDS 20220904_153755
Ford Bronco 3” ADVENTURE SERIES LIFT KIT FOR SASQUATCH AND BADLANDS 20220830_162952
Sponsored