Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Also, this nitpicking about filling up cargo area with removed doors. It has never crossed my mind to do that. If I’m going doorless, I have checked the weather and planned my day and am leaving them at home.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
this was....horrible....

I can't even express how bad that article was. And yes, they completely miss entirely the purpose and why behind the design features of the Bronco.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I already have an outdoor camera mount for my GoPro. It’s a suction cup and was only like $20. Attaches anywhere on the exterior of the vehicle. Comes with camera attachment and everything. Edmunds is stupid.
The Toyota Tacoma has a GoPro mount included at the top of the windshield.

Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Imagine taking car advice from EDMUNDS

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't get worked up over things like this - it isn't worth it and I'd be out of "worked up" medicine.

That said, two of these three "gimmicks" are at the top of the list of things I'll use and enjoy: doors off, wash out the mud.

I'm even getting the lux package and am still confident I can wash out my floor boards without flooding my 12" screen. Cuz, you know, I got mad hose skillz.

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

“Buyers excited about the gimmicky door removal should know that stuff can blow out of convertibles, and your hair might get messed up, and you may be exposed to sunlight.”

#dicksplaining

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The gall of a car company offering real and asked-for options on a new launch vehicle?? Weird.

Sponsored

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So they're angry about a fun feature a helpful feature and a feature that the Bronco doesn't have. Their argument is that removing doors and wash out floors only matter if you go off-road and get it reeeeeeaaaaaallllly dirty... Pretty sure that's the intended use case for this product. These features only matter if you use this vehicle... the way it's designed to be used.

I mean why do any windows go down? Pretty stupid feature if you ask me. Cars have AC and opening a window could make something blow out of the car. Unless you're rolling down the window of your car to be all cool then roll-down windows are a stupid and pointless feature. Same with a radio, a car can go all the same places without one, only an idiot would want a radio in their car, it's distracting and only serves to make you enjoy your time and enjoyment is valueless and stupid apparently.

Want to know what's a pointless gimmick, this whole crap article.

Rage. I feel rage.

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@BrentC maybe change your post to s screen grab so he doesn't get more clicks than he deserves
I am going to the same

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nothing to see here, next thread...

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Edmunds knows the Bronco is ultra popular, they have to get clicks and so they have to come up with dumb stuff like this.

Washout interior is great. Other cars have had this, it isn't new. At the very least, if you spill a coke you can use soap and water and then rinse it off. For most people going off road you're going to have dirt and mud on the inside. Plus it's only on a couple of trims not all of them. I'm not sure but I think you could spray down the entire interior with MGV. I believe all the buttons are water resistant.

I will probably never remove my doors because I'm not going to rock crawl, but those that do, will. And guess what. When you remove the doors the floors will get dirty...that's what the wash out interior is for.

I believe the rail system is optional, but at the very least its a great location for a dash cam, barring the fact that the Bronco's own cameras don't act like that. Even if the rail system is included, who has ever complained about more utility?

This is an off-road vehicle first and foremost. This is like complaining that a supercar has trouble going over speedbumps.

So for me these are "nitpicks" of genuine features and not a high brow critique of "gimmicks."

OP
OP
BrentC

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model