3.0 Hybrid EcoBoost Found on Lincoln Avaiator on Bronco (Thoughts?)

aabsalon

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
It will be awesome if the 3.0 EcoBoost found on the Lincoln Aviator Hybrid will be on the new Bronco.
Think about it - 494 horsepower with 630 ft-lbs of torque.

Advertisement

Dirty Bronco

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
There has been speculation about this but nothing confirmed yet.

Please refrain from creating click bait titles though. I legit thought this was a confirming source at first with the way the title reads.

OP

aabsalon

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
There has been speculation about this but nothing confirmed yet.

Please refrain from creating click bait titles though. I legit thought this was a confirming source at first with the way the title reads.

I edited the title. Thanks for the heads up!

TeocaliMG

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 f-250 6.9 idi diesel, 2004 jeep liberty sport
That thing in the two door would be an absolute beast!!
It would probably pull a wheelie! At least theres the rear mounted spare to fall back on, enabling some handy parking maneuvers.

BuckedOff-Road

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
I see this on the future Braptor version at a minimum. Not sure if we will get the tech early on though. I would want the same setup as the 2021 f150, with the generator. Talk about the perfect camping rig. I truly hope I am wrong and that they offer it upon release. Ford has invested a lot into this new powerboost platform and I see it being a huge success, they will want it on whatever vehicles they can integrate it with. I am very fond of this powerboost technology.

MaverickMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj 80 amc eagle 85 cj7 laredo 79 ford quadravan(inoperable due to tragic fire)
I see this on the future Braptor version at a minimum. Not sure if we will get the tech early on though. I would want the same setup as the 2021 f150, with the generator. Talk about the perfect camping rig. I truly hope I am wrong and that they offer it upon release. Ford has invested a lot into this new powerboost platform and I see it being a huge success, they will want it on whatever vehicles they can integrate it with. I am very fond of this powerboost technology.
Yeah that powerboost setup is the kind of new tech i can get behind.

Also i know the horsepower junkies in us are all thinking about this for the raptor, but what about a luxury type model like King Ranch or The Old Eddie Bauer with special luggage. Sounds like a possability.

OP

aabsalon

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Yeah that powerboost setup is the kind of new tech i can get behind.

Also i know the horsepower junkies in us are all thinking about this for the raptor, but what about a luxury type model like King Ranch or The Old Eddie Bauer with special luggage. Sounds like a possability.

With a King Ranch Bronco, it can compete with the Land Rover or even as a "cheap" alternative to the G-Wagon.

fossil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Raptor 1995 SVT Cobra
Premium engine for premium vehicles, for now.

MaverickMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj 80 amc eagle 85 cj7 laredo 79 ford quadravan(inoperable due to tragic fire)
With a King Ranch Bronco, it can compete with the Land Rover or even as a "cheap" alternative to the G-Wagon.
How about a Lincoln Over-Continental Mark VI(6g) version with really fly wheels and woodgrain and saddle interior. Real classy and caters to the wealthy glamping overlanding crowd. 🤣 🤪

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne
It will be awesome if the 3.0 EcoBoost found on the Lincoln Aviator Hybrid will be on the new Bronco.
Think about it - 494 horsepower with 630 ft-lbs of torque.
Would be awesome but not happening...

The Ford Bronco Will Be Revealed In...