First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What did you expect? It’s not a Prius, it’s a 5K pound big booty Judy on 35” tires.
Hybrid vehicles are in 50 MPG range. I would expect new, unmodified SUV and trucks to have double-digit MPG figure that doesn't starts with 1.

I wish Ford would give the new Bronco a dieslel option.
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hybrid vehicles are in 50 MPG range. I would expect new, unmodified SUV and trucks to have double-digit MPG figure that doesn't starts with 1.

It’s convenient the name of the person who liked your post as that pretty much says it all.

-Your expectation isn’t reality
- Those aren’t 5K pound off-road centric vehicles
- Bronco isn’t a hybrid
- You don’t even know the MPG

Ford Bronco 3.20 Varsity Ford Dealer Event - Photos, Questions and First Impressions E8E121EE-761E-4341-9B73-D6400B746ED0

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Several thoughts:

I have a friend who once worked auto shows as a vehicle rep, and while they studied up on the vehicle they were there for, they were more hiring models than vehicle experts. I'd take that 12MPG comment with a huge grain of salt, especially since manufacturers need to be extremely careful about sharing MPG estimates before the EPA releases official numbers (this could lead to big issues for the manufacturer).

"Driving like an idiot" can definitely make a difference in the low direction, but only to a point. I always drive my '17 Escape with the shifter in "sport", and I've been getting ~20.7MPG combined, BUT I also have used the remote start to some degree in the past few months. It's listed at 20/27 so I'm probably losing some MPG based on my highway/city mix by staying in sport and having a heavy foot. With COVID traffic has been light enough that I just don't get caught in the usual DC traffic jams, either. Maybe "12" was driving around in Baha mode and melting the tires.

In the end, we should know before taking delivery. I know I'd consider a change if it actually came in anywhere near 12, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it until something official comes out. As I've pointed out elsewhere, so much conjecture about GVWR and now my Badlands ends up with a headliner, so we don't know until we know.

Sponsored

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor, ‘21 Macan S, ‘22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks. This kind of confirmed two of my "downside" assumptions:

-Even my Day 1 sasquatch reservation could be pushed out to sometime in August, but probably not into September. I extended my lease through 8/28/21 and figured in a worst case, I would be close, but okay
-Sasquatch MPG could be as bad as mid/high teens mixed driving, and could be 12 around town/city, given Raptors get 12 city real world. That number "12'" has been haunting me some, and it doesnt feel good that it was the Ford reps guess as well.
I can attest to the Raptor getting 14.5 and that's 90% around town. I would suspect the Bronco Sasquatch would get similar. I've seen as high as 16.5 on highway driving back and forth to KC.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Top three reasons I'm not getting a Bronco now:

• No cupholders in the back
  • Only 12mpg
  • I'll think of a third reason, dammit.
But seriously the only reason I'm not getting one now is that they haven't made it yet. :p

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can attest to the Raptor getting 14.5 and that's 90% around town. I would suspect the Bronco Sasquatch would get similar. I've seen as high as 16.5 on highway driving back and forth to KC.
So 16.5 is as good as it gets?

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Leave it to online forums to get spicy about relatively non-controversial topics.

There is a difference between buying a Bronco because one expects it to get great gas mileage (of course no one should be doing this, and I’m certainly not) and expecting the Bronco’s EPA ratings to exceed 12mpg on the low end, even in squatched form.

All these posts implying equivalency between the two (i.e. by implying that IF you are disappointed by 12mpg city, THEN you must not realize it’s a fat flying brick, or you must be ignorantly expecting it to be a Prius, or you must have never owned an off-road-capable vehicle before) aren’t useful, they’re nothing more than inflammatory.

That being said, it’s clear the 12mpg number has little meaning and we won’t know more until real numbers come out, so it’s too early to act either disappointed or smug about Bronco’s efficiency.

I have an EV for commuting, this is purely an adventure vehicle for me. Still, I’ll absolutely be disappointed if all these years of investing in EcoBoost and double digit transmission gears (at the expense of significantly increased complexity, significantly worse acoustics, etc.), and a newly designed-from-(almost)scratch vehicle nets little to nothing on the efficiency front from a vehicle with the same capabilities 10+ years ago. Especially with only 16-20gallons available at max fill.

I don’t think it will actually play out that way for a variety of reasons.

Sponsored

jeep364

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep WK
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

How many other suvs come with 35" tires from the factory?

teens is absolutely appropriate for a squatched bronco

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Brad, what is your opinion on the Navy Pier interior with the Rapid Red exterior. I have the Roast interior checked for my Race Red OBX. I'm not completely opposed to the Navy Pier, but since I'm not going to be able to see a Bronco before mine arrives I was wondering what red, and blue looked like together.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Best thing to do, man, is step away for a few days. Seriously.
Things get heated, we are all passionate, and some are in more of a pickle than others on the whole needing to replace something ASAP situation.
I get it.
What I don't get is being a tool to others. It never ends well.
It's all conjecture and speculation.

In reality it can't be that bad based on current offerings with that setup.
Not with normal or reasonably normal driving style.
It's not going to get what your CRV does, so prepare yourself.
35's do suck some economy out of the sails, I know.
Just wait.
Once data is released, it is done.
Not some guy posting about what some other guy offhandedly said at a pony show.
If it doesn't work, it doesn't work.
Plenty of hybrids available that aren't a Bronco for less $.

But at the end of the day, if you don't step back and cool off, you're gonna get ghosted on here, not what you want.
I'd rather see you post pic of your ride a few months down the road vs trying to remember who that guy was that one time going apeshit over MPG...
Too late Dave, the boy done got ghosted. :) And IMHO he should have. There's no place for that on this, or any forum.

OP
OP
Dirty Bronco

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Brad, what is your opinion on the Navy Pier interior with the Rapid Red exterior. I have the Roast interior checked for my Race Red OBX. I'm not completely opposed to the Navy Pier, but since I'm not going to be able to see a Bronco before mine arrives I was wondering what red, and blue looked like together.
personally I didn’t mind it. It’s better in person for sure but I’m still a bigger fan of the roast. It’s your rig though. You do you and don’t listen to anyone else
Sponsored