Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iā€™ve got an Expedition Max with the 3.5 and 10-speed transmission. It averages 16-19mpg which isnā€™t bad for such a big truck. My only complaint is the 10-speed is very eager to shift into a high gear for economy. It can feel like the engine is laboring somewhat when you put your foot on the gas .. but guess thatā€™s the price you pay for not getting 12mpg
Nick, I'm afraid we'll see the same thing in the Bronco. The only complaint I've had with my Ranger so far is the dang tranny holds the higher gear to long in slow moving traffic causing the little 4 banger to lug quite a bit. I've got to the point where I just pull it into sport mode to stop all that craziness. I was hoping against hope Ford wouldn't do this in the Bronco, but if your Expey does it, and my Ranger does it, I don't think I've got much to hope for. :)

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Too late Dave, the boy done got ghosted. :) And IMHO he should have. There's no place for that on this, or any forum.
Welp see what happens when you donā€™t play nice, boys and girls!?
We can have opinions, we can disagree. We can have debate/discussion.
But do it with tact, respect, and a bit of a filter between the brain and vocal cords.
Keep it non-personal, non derogatory, non-political.
We are in the home stretch now. The end game.
Thereā€™s only one way this works out.
love you 3000šŸ˜ŽšŸ˜‚

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

personally I didnā€™t mind it. Itā€™s better in person for sure but Iā€™m still a bigger fan of the roast. Itā€™s your rig though. You do you and donā€™t listen to anyone else
Thanks Brad, I think I'll stick with the Roast. While the NP will look great with colors like Cactus Grey, AMB, and Area 51, I just don't think I would be happy with it on a Race Red truck.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Gas prices are up nearly 50% in my area since January. At this rate Biden will get it to $5/gallon by summer. $5/gallon + 12 mpg = guess I better start donating plasma. :mad:

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Question 3: I know Ford has confirmed a green for MY22. Can you confirm if this color is currently offered on another Ford vehicle.
Answer: No the color is not currently offered on another Ford Vehicle
CJ Pony lists the TOP TEN SHADES OF CLASSIC BRONCO: ESTATE GREEN
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

I could easily rock Estate Green, but Boxwood would be my pick:

Ford Bronco 3.20 Varsity Ford Dealer Event - Photos, Questions and First Impressions 1616453086054

I guess it'll come down to a joint pick with the Ranger team, as they share the plant.

username1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Several thoughts:

I have a friend who once worked auto shows as a vehicle rep, and while they studied up on the vehicle they were there for, they were more hiring models than vehicle experts. I'd take that 12MPG comment with a huge grain of salt, especially since manufacturers need to be extremely careful about sharing MPG estimates before the EPA releases official numbers (this could lead to big issues for the manufacturer).

"Driving like an idiot" can definitely make a difference in the low direction, but only to a point. I always drive my '17 Escape with the shifter in "sport", and I've been getting ~20.7MPG combined, BUT I also have used the remote start to some degree in the past few months. It's listed at 20/27 so I'm probably losing some MPG based on my highway/city mix by staying in sport and having a heavy foot. With COVID traffic has been light enough that I just don't get caught in the usual DC traffic jams, either. Maybe "12" was driving around in Baha mode and melting the tires.

In the end, we should know before taking delivery. I know I'd consider a change if it actually came in anywhere near 12, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it until something official comes out. As I've pointed out elsewhere, so much conjecture about GVWR and now my Badlands ends up with a headliner, so we don't know until we know.
So many straw men and bad faith takes flying around this forum.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gas prices are up nearly 50% in my area since January. At this rate Biden will get it to $5/gallon by summer. $5/gallon + 12 mpg = guess I better start donating plasma. :mad:
Definitely couldn't be caused by increases in travel (hitting records for airline travel since the pandemic began, for example) and OPEC production cuts or anything. :rolleyes:

Gas was averaging $2.63 in January of 2020. It was higher at times in 2019 and 2018. Presidents have limited effects on fuel prices.

Sponsored

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Raptor, ā€˜21 Macan S, ā€˜22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Bronco Pilot

First Edition
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW M3, 2018 F150, 2018 EA330SC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Several thoughts:

I have a friend who once worked auto shows as a vehicle rep, and while they studied up on the vehicle they were there for, they were more hiring models than vehicle experts. I'd take that 12MPG comment with a huge grain of salt, especially since manufacturers need to be extremely careful about sharing MPG estimates before the EPA releases official numbers (this could lead to big issues for the manufacturer).

"Driving like an idiot" can definitely make a difference in the low direction, but only to a point. I always drive my '17 Escape with the shifter in "sport", and I've been getting ~20.7MPG combined, BUT I also have used the remote start to some degree in the past few months. It's listed at 20/27 so I'm probably losing some MPG based on my highway/city mix by staying in sport and having a heavy foot. With COVID traffic has been light enough that I just don't get caught in the usual DC traffic jams, either. Maybe "12" was driving around in Baha mode and melting the tires.

In the end, we should know before taking delivery. I know I'd consider a change if it actually came in anywhere near 12, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it until something official comes out. As I've pointed out elsewhere, so much conjecture about GVWR and now my Badlands ends up with a headliner, so we don't know until we know.
Wait ? Does this mean I canā€™t drive like an idiot ?

Bronco_or_bust

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition, 2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nick, I'm afraid we'll see the same thing in the Bronco. The only complaint I've had with my Ranger so far is the dang tranny holds the higher gear to long in slow moving traffic causing the little 4 banger to lug quite a bit. I've got to the point where I just pull it into sport mode to stop all that craziness. I was hoping against hope Ford wouldn't do this in the Bronco, but if your Expey does it, and my Ranger does it, I don't think I've got much to hope for. :)
Completely agree.. I was really disappointed how it drove for the first few months, especially around town. It was an unpleasant surprise coming from a Silverado with a naturally aspirated V8 that was much nicer to drive (and only the 5.3 at that, which people seem to hate on). The one thing that saves the Expey as well as Sport mode is the +/- buttons below the drive mode wheel that allow you to disable the top gears. Could see those buttons coming in very handy in the Bronco.. although I don't see them in cabin photos :unsure:

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Raptor, ā€˜21 Macan S, ā€˜22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This.

the bronco is not a spectacular failure. Itā€™s just that other manufacturers donā€™t sell lifted trucks on 35s so something in the mid teens comes as absolute sticker shock. When you make those adjustments aftermarket, thatā€™s what you get. We should be thankful that Ford is offering this straight from the factory. If you want a truer MPG comparison from the factory look to the Raptor. Was that a spectacular failure? Actually, no. Ford canā€™t sell enough of them and many dealers mark up the hell out of them. You canā€™t fault the Sasquatch package if it does in fact get 16-17 mpg mixed. The rep said it COULD be as low as 12 in the city, which is online with real world mpg on the raptor.
Actually 12 is nowhere near what the Raptor gets. I drive 90% in town, city driving. Iā€™m not light on the accelerator by any means and I get 14.5 religiously. No way, unless I was balls to the wall all the time would 12 even be a consideration.
Sponsored