Sponsored

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You did read the part in which the 12mpg was if you are around town and flooring it everywhere?
ya thats just not a thing sorry. You are cooning for ford.

either the OP made a serious mistake or ford did.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Two things,

First, the tires should not have any vibration to them at highway speeds, regardless of the size. I have 35s that are butter smooth at any speed. I don't expect the Bronco's 35s to have an balance issues. Extra noise is one thing, vibration is another.

Second, I get about 14mpg with my Gladiator on 35s with a regrear to 4:88. Probably would be a little better mpg without the regear, but I like the extra torque. Mind you, I do a LOT of stop and go driving. My traffic situation would be considered a worse case scenario. I am guessing this dealer dealer does not know what he is talking about and bet we see a mpgs higher than 12. It is still rolling 35s so don't expect a lot better.

I appreciate the OP posting this, so this is nothing against him. But, I have heard dealers spew so much BS, I have given up counting on them as a credible source.

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

there is great MPG (23+)

and there is "2021 acceptable MPG" which would be around 17 to 21 mpg

12-15 is completely unacceptable

if this is real this product will fail spectacularly and jeep will be laughing all the way to the fucking bank with their hemi jeep that likely gets the same or better milage

for ford to fuck up THIS BAD is pretty wild
Less on the road would be fine with me

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Some of yall with unrealistic expectations are triggered easy lol. If you want great MPG get the outerbanks or the other trims with no lift and tiny tires, end of bitching. SAS will not get great MPG, I expect it to be pretty bad city driving like a madman. How bad, i have no idea. Those with a lighter foot than me will get better, but it wont be great, never was going to be great. Jeep doesn't sell a lifted wrangler with 35s. Go lift a wrangler and put 35s on it and see what that does to MPG. Some of ya'll live in a fantasy land.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The MPG thing just won't quit :geek: If it weighs something close to the Raptor (4 DR BL SQ Weighs 5320+ probably 100lbs. for SQ, Raptor about 5600lbs. ) has the same size tires, worse aerodynamics and higher numeric gear-set, it likely wont get better mileage than the Raptor. The 2.7 is marginally more efficient, but I have no doubt the heaviest Bronco 4dr SQ will average around 15MPG combined. My last three F150s (5.0, 2.7, 2.7 3.55,3.73.3.55 gears respectively) ranged from 17-19 without the bigger tires and with all the aero tricks like spoiler and wind tray underneath. I would be shocked if anyone sees 20mpg real world average with a SQ in any trim. Maybe BB two door 2.3l 10sp driven moderately.
5320 lbs?! That seems high. For reference, here are the weights of three 4x4s I own:

2707 lbs - Jeep CJ-7
2953 lbs - Land Rover Series III 88
3092 lbs - Jeep TJ

If the 2-door Bronco weight is also close to 5000 lbs, that is nearly 2000 lbs more than my current 4x4s!

Beezleboss

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Base
so I have family that live in Cleveland, I wouldn’t mind taking a trip to see them... and the Bronco...

anyone know how I can sign up for the event and attend? Or is the list already made?

MightyAndrew

Outer Banks
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah i just looked at the spec sheet its a 200Lb difference between the 2 and the MPG for the highway was 26 and 22 for the city. so no way this thing has a 12 mpg. That would be terrible.
Which F-150 are you looking at? It's tough to compare the F-150 with the Bronco, because there are many different cab sizes that influence curb weight.

MightyAndrew

Outer Banks
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
5320 lbs?! That seems high. For reference, here are the weights of three 4x4s I own:

2707 lbs - Jeep CJ-7
2953 lbs - Land Rover Series III 88
3092 lbs - Jeep TJ

If the 2-door Bronco weight is also close to 5000 lbs, that is nearly 2000 lbs more than my current 4x4s!
Ford Bronco 3.20 Varsity Ford Dealer Event - Photos, Questions and First Impressions curb weight.PNG

He isn't wrong. The Bronco is a THICCCC boi.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Some of yall with unrealistic expectations are triggered easy lol. If you want great MPG get the outerbanks or the other trims with no lift and tiny tires, end of bitching. SAS will not get great MPG, I expect it to be pretty bad city driving like a madman. How bad, i have no idea. Those with a lighter foot than me will get better, but it wont be great, never was going to be great. Jeep doesn't sell a lifted wrangler with 35s. Go lift a wrangler and put 35s on it and see what that does to MPG. Some of ya'll live in a fantasy land.
This.

the bronco is not a spectacular failure. It’s just that other manufacturers don’t sell lifted trucks on 35s so something in the mid teens comes as absolute sticker shock. When you make those adjustments aftermarket, that’s what you get. We should be thankful that Ford is offering this straight from the factory. If you want a truer MPG comparison from the factory look to the Raptor. Was that a spectacular failure? Actually, no. Ford can’t sell enough of them and many dealers mark up the hell out of them. You can’t fault the Sasquatch package if it does in fact get 16-17 mpg mixed. The rep said it COULD be as low as 12 in the city, which is online with real world mpg on the raptor.

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know I won't be buying a Prius, but 12mpg city? Really. Might have to rethink my decision if this is correct.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

so I have family that live in Cleveland, I wouldn’t mind taking a trip to see them... and the Bronco...

anyone know how I can sign up for the event and attend? Or is the list already made?
I might be up for that Buffalo event. Kind of a road trip from ol' Bostonville though. "What the heck! Why not??"

OP
OP
Dirty Bronco

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Two things,

First, the tires should not have any vibration to them at highway speeds, regardless of the size. I have 35s that are butter smooth at any speed. I don't expect the Bronco's 35s to have an balance issues. Extra noise is one thing, vibration is another.

Second, I get about 14mpg with my Gladiator on 35s with a regrear to 4:88. Probably would be a little better mpg without the regear, but I like the extra torque. Mind you, I do a LOT of stop and go driving. My traffic situation would be considered a worse case scenario. I am guessing this dealer dealer does not know what he is talking about and bet we see a mpgs higher than 12. It is still rolling 35s so don't expect a lot better.

I appreciate the OP posting this, so this is nothing against him. But, I have heard dealers spew so much BS, I have given up counting on them as a credible source.
I’m on the road so I’ll clear this up when I’m back at my desk. For the record, the gentleman did NOT work for the dealer. He was an insider Ford sent from the Bronco team. The 12 mpg comment was in passing about town driving like an idiot. He said the highway MPG was better than people were making it out to be. In regards to the vibration... he was talking about the feeling/noise you can get from M/T tires. It was more a point of... “if you’re coming from a car with street tires then don’t expect the same comfort. But if you have driven trucks with A/T or M/T then you know what you’re getting into.”
Sponsored