Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

12mpg...yikes. :confused:
All of the screenshots of the dash that I've seen have shown numbers around 18-19 mpg. I suspect you'd have to floor it at every traffic light to get down to 12 mpg.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dirty Bronco

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for sharing all of this. Any idea when they will be in Buffalo? It is somewhat close for me?

They said late March/Early April. They did not have set dates yet.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All of the screenshots of the dash that I've seen have shown numbers around 18-19 mpg. I suspect you'd have to floor it at every traffic light to get down to 12 mpg.
That was non sas. We’ve seen a Sas at 11 but that one was idling. And back in the day a badlands at 17 or 18

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think at the moment, we should take a step back and simply make our own theory to what it could be, and set your own expectations. We don’t have any concrete evidence.

Ford engineered this from the ground up, so you kind of need to think what their tolerances and benchmarks were when they designed this, while keeping a realistic approach to what this truck is.

For what it’s worth, for a 2.7 Sasquatch I’m rationally guessing real world 18 highway (maybe into 19s, but not breaking 20), 17 mixed, 15 city. And if a heavy foot around town, that number dropping down to 13/14. And I don’t disagree with the rep, if you’re driving around flooring it in stop and go traffic like an idiot, sure maybe you’ll see 12 but that’s not a realistic situation.

Last edited:

gwiacek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex awd ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I been driving a Ford Flex since they came out, its a rolling brick just like the Bronco styling. I've always have had the AWD 3.5L ecoboost engine. MPG sticker on flex is 16 city 22 highway. I would guess Bronco should be real close. I had the 2.7L also when I owned a 2017 Lincoln MKX. Always been using premium gas, since with the ecoboost engines you loose horsepower and torque when you use regular gas. Most of the time with like 80%+ city driving been getting 15-18 depending on the model year of the flex I've had. I have a 2018 flex now that gets the worst MPG of any of the flexs I've owned, getting 15mpg now no matter how I drive. Guessing maybe with the sasquatch Bronco they might knock the MPG down a little, 15 city 20-21 highway. With the ecoboost engine if you take your foot off the gas and let the vehicle coast when you can it does improve the MPG some.

Sponsored

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Great to have this description of what its like to sit in the OBX, since I'm 6'5" and concerned about the interior roominess of the vehicle. I ended up not approving my OBX order on March 19 because this and other information was not available. I've decided to delay my order until i can personally see and sit in a 2021 Bronco.

I also wonder about tire size, as mentioned by the article. Sasquatch it too much for me, but i would like the 33" Badlands tires and Bilstein shock package available on other trims as well, like the OBX. If not, id like to know if its a direct upgrade i could easily do after purchase.

So, waiting is the best option for me, even though I have an early reservation!
/Thank you for waiting. :)

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I been driving a Ford Flex since they came out, its a rolling brick just like the Bronco styling. I've always have had the AWD 3.5L ecoboost engine. MPG sticker on flex is 16 city 22 highway. I would guess Bronco should be real close. I had the 2.7L also when I owned a 2017 Lincoln MKX. Always been using premium gas, since with the ecoboost engines you loose horsepower and torque when you use regular gas. Most of the time with like 80%+ city driving been getting 15-18 depending on the model year of the flex I've had. I have a 2018 flex now that gets the worst MPG of any of the flexs I've owned, getting 15mpg now no matter how I drive. Guessing maybe with the sasquatch Bronco they might knock the MPG down a little, 15 city 20-21 highway. With the ecoboost engine if you take your foot off the gas and let the vehicle coast when you can it does improve the MPG some.
You also don't have a 10 speed transmission in the Flex either.

I average about 17-18 MPG around town with my Taurus SHO and I have a bit of a lead foot. Best MPG I've gotten is about 26 on a 2 1/2 hr highway trip.

gwiacek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex awd ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You also don't have a 10 speed transmission in the Flex either.

I average about 17-18 MPG around town with my Taurus SHO and I have a bit of a lead foot. Best MPG I've gotten is about 26 on a 2 1/2 hr highway trip.
Used to get mileage like that on my last flex, this one piece of junk. They screwed up the calibration on the engine software. Because nothing mechanical changed on the flex in many years.

lewisbrett

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sas; 2019 Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2019 Navigator say it gets 18 MPG combined and even in Conserve I am only getting 15.6 mpg. I usually use 89 but occasionally throw in 91 or 93.

So if they are saying the Bronco might get 16 I think 12 is very likely for driving around town and in a normal manner.

Sponsored

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't care if my Bronco gets 10 mpg in the city, not buying it for fuel economy. I've owned 3 lifted Jeeps that all got poor fuel economy, never cared.

Maybe you shouldn,t buy one if you are someone who will always be worrying about fuel economy.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't care if my Bronco gets 10 mpg in the city, not buying it for fuel economy. I've owned 3 lifted Jeeps that all got poor fuel economy, never cared.

Maybe you shouldn,t buy one if you are someone who will always be worrying about fuel economy.
Ford has to care because it impacts their fleet CAFE ratings. The numbers posted earlier aren't completely out of line with my expectations.
Sponsored