Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Looks like the recently release specs show lower than 3,500 tow ratings for certain trims.

4D, Badlands, 2.7/auto, 3,220 lbs. Might check your trim against the specs. 3,500 was the "max".
Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

IIRC, it's not the vehicle itself, it's that certain trims because of the extra equipment, just simply weigh more, and the GVWR on the bronco is much lower than the Ranger. Which is obviously due to a ton of other factors, frame size, transmission, brakes, cooling, etc. it's just not made to tow big loads.

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was there a new spec sheet that got released along with the HP/TQ numbers? Do you have a link?

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Oh man - that would have been the straw that broke the camels back after getting a look at the hitch receiver last week. Checked: 2.3L 7MT 2Dr Badlands is still at 3500.

I have to say, if you are planning on pulling an overland trailer, you'll need to be lighter than 3220 anyway if you don't replace the receiver with something more overbuilt. It's like they went the the bare minimum thing possible.

The Defender 90 and the Gladiator are way closer to my intended use. If the changes and delays keep up, I may yet bail for three years and wait to see if Ford gets things sorted.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh man - that would have been the straw that broke the camels back after getting a look at the hitch receiver last week. Checked: 2.3L 7MT 2Dr Badlands is still at 3500.

I have to say, if you are planning on pulling an overland trailer, you'll need to be lighter than 3220 anyway if you don't replace the receiver with something more overbuilt. It's like they went the the bare minimum thing possible.

The Defender 90 and the Gladiator are way closer to my intended use. If the changes and delays keep up, I may yet bail for three years and wait to see if Ford gets things sorted.
Well that was my plan for our overland trailer. Order the tow package on the 4dr BL, swap out the receiver and have the factory wiring in place to add the redarc brake controller.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Well that was my plan for our overland trailer. Order the tow package on the 4dr BL, swap out the receiver and have the factory wiring in place to add the redarc brake controller.
Me too. Definitely swapping but want the 7pin wiring integration

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looks like the recently release specs show lower than 3,500 tow ratings for certain trims.

4D, Badlands, 2.7/auto, 3,220 lbs. Might check your trim against the specs. 3,500 was the "max".
We've had this information since January (ish) - providing it hasn't substantively changed since then.
IIRC, it's not the vehicle itself, it's that certain trims because of the extra equipment, just simply weigh more, and the GVWR on the bronco is much lower than the Ranger. Which is obviously due to a ton of other factors, frame size, transmission, brakes, cooling, etc. it's just not made to tow big loads.
Yes the tow rating is only lower on some higher trim (read higher curb weight) 4-doors, but those have similar - and in some cases even higher - GVWR than the Ranger does. It's the GCWR that is governing here, not the GVWR. GCWR. GCWR. GCWR.

Now since it's so "obvious" how about you tell the class how you know that each of those things you listed are governing the GCWR please.

All 2 doors are still 3500lb, only 4 doors are reduced lol
Yes. That's because the GCWR is the same between 2- and 4-door models of the same powertain configuration, and the 4-doors have higher curb weight. On lower trim models - both 2-door and 4-door - the tow caps are waaaaaaaaaay less than GCWR minus CW minus 300lbs. The silver lining is that you can actually carry quite a bit of payload while towing the max capacity. Also the "short wheelbase can't tow" crowd has conveniently gone silent, which is another huge bonus.

This has all been covered in previous threads on this forum. I've posted a spreadsheet that crunches the numbers for us multiple times on them.
Sponsored