Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am not sure if you guys/gals heard, but Ford is not going to do a painted hard top anymore for 2021 Model year (BREAKING NEWS!!!!!)

Hardtop/Headliner - So we've had quite a few calls/emails about it and we're doing our best to respond. We have quite a few orders to work through and will be contacting those with dual top/painted tops to see how they want to move forward with a 2021 or 2022 MY option. We're still working through how this will impact everyone and we have a realatively short window to make sure that gets done. Our plan is to contact every customer before their order is scheduled as well to triple check all options, so nothing falls through the cracks.

In regards to the headliner you will fall into one of 3 categories.
1. If you already have a hardtop headliner the price will automatically be reduced to reflect the new MSRP.
2. You have a cloth interior and want a no cost hardtop headliner - This will automatically updated by Ford, no need to contact us.
3. You have a marine grade vinyl interior and want to add the headliner. Please contact us to get your Bronco updated, this won't automatically happen and we want to make sure we get it on for you.

Allocation - We were pleased with our overall allocation. As of today we have over 1300 total reservations. These consist of 642 Before the 9/19 allocation cutoff window and 650+ after the allocation cutoff window (October/March specials). If you are in those later windows, that doesn't automatically exclude you from getting a 2021 Bronco, but its only likely you'll get one if you have a lower end trim without any restrictions (i.e. Big bend, soft top, 4 cylinder, etc).

Our final tally on pre September 19th orders laid out like this
425 Orders placed for 2021.
145 Orders placed in "99" status for 2022.
72 orders without permission to convert, no commitment, or didn't contact us back.

Our 2021 Allocation ended up at 203 total which should allow us to fill 48% of our 2021 orders. This 425 count is without the possibility of defection for people who will move to 2022 for a painted hard top. Assuming there is a small percentage of fallout becuase of the top, we're excited to fill approximately 50% of our 2021 orders! If you are interested in where you fall, we really don't have an answer right now and probably won't until May when you find out. Moving parts with top change, commodity restraints, etc. It is next to impossible for us to tell. There is a possibility of even an October reservation being scheduled because of commodity restrictions potentially.

2022 MY Allocation - We don't have an answer on this yet, but common sense would dictate it would be a combination of the existing factors + 2021 MY sales. Based on math (60,000 estimated 2021 Bronco Production / 3000 Dealers estimated nationwide) receiving over 200+ sales for 2021 should help maximize our allocation for 2022. That combined with a high number of 2022 reservation should keep us very busy for 2022 MY! Production capacity is doubling going to 12 months and usually a quicker turn after initial launch should allow us to receive a large chunk of 2022 MY orders. Obviously, based on our marketing strategy, we are really gearing up for 2022. Just doubling production would lead us to 400+ Broncos, but potentially filling 600-800 orders is possible depending on reservation fallout between now and 2022 MY.

Price Protection - Whether you have an existing reservation or have placed an order you will receive price protection if you are pushed to a 2022 model year. This is based upon your reservation timestamp Before 3/19/21. No need to worry about when you converted your order.

Finally, I want to thank Ford for how they handled the issue with the hard top. I think it is easy to lose sight of the fact that Ford is not manufacturing the tops. They are reliant upon vendors and I'm sure they don't want to rush a product to market if it is substandard. I would rather them wait and streamline the process. Whether its a quality issue or additional manufacturing complexity, I'd rather take it slow and get it right. They have to take the heat even though it ultimately may not be their fault.

As always, thanks for the support!

Zach
Sponsored

Last edited:

JustinC

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Zach, is that about what you expected for your 2021 allocations? I'm a 7/18 Wildtrak reservation with Granger and I'm trying hard to understand where I'll land. It looks like with those allocation numbers, I won't get mine until 2022. Just trying to figure out if I should go buy another vehicle in the mean time until my Bronco arrives.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Zach, is that about what you expected for your 2021 allocations? I'm a 7/18 Wildtrak reservation with Granger and I'm trying hard to understand where I'll land. It looks like with those allocation numbers, I won't get mine until 2022. Just trying to figure out if I should go buy another vehicle in the mean time until my Bronco arrives.
With a Wildtrak I would assume a 7/18 would put you in 2022. That being said, I don't know how many people in front of you will be voluntarily holding off for a 2022 painted top.

JustinC

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With a Wildtrak I would assume a 7/18 would put you in 2022. That being said, I don't know how many people in front of you will be voluntarily holding off for a 2022 painted top.

Yeah that's kind of what I figured. Now I just need to get my wife to approve me buying a different car in the mean time!!

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait.

I’m really confused.

I was lectured at numerous times by others on this very forum that Granger would only be receiving 10-12... maybe 15 Broncos TOPS... and that if I ever wanted to actually receive a Bronco, I needed to move my reservation to GREATER TRI-STATE FORD MEGA MART METRO CARTROPOLIS - “A family run dealership!”

Are you telling me none of that was true and you’re actually getting a very healthy allocation, consistent with, and rewarding you for, your great customer service and large number of conversions?

That’s so weird.

Thanks Zach!

Last edited:

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you for all the info @Zach@Granger, I emailed Brandon to update my BD build since he was my Zone rep. Loving the allocation numbers, makes me fairly confident I should see mine in a decent time frame. Thanks again for all the amazing work you and all the crew has done.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you for the update!!! As always great communication!!!

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm sure they don't want to rush a product [MOD top] to market if it is substandard.
Lovely update Zach.

Do you have any insights into the MOD top issues?? It is sounding more & more like this is a product-specific issue, rather than a production/assembly issue. Thanks.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Our final tally on pre September 19th orders laid out like this
425 Orders placed for 2021.
145 Orders placed in "99" status for 2022.
72 orders without permission to convert, no commitment, or didn't contact us back.

Our 2021 Allocation ended up at 203 total which should allow us to fill 48% of our 2021 orders.
You seem to be using the phrase '2021 orders' to mean only reservations converted before 9/19/20 reservation timestamp, which might be confusing to the first 50% of total conversions (essentially everyone up to the October special). Your numbers show about half (commodity restrictions aside) of the pre 9/19/20 orders having allocations. That means that 3/4 of the folks fall outside 2021 allocations as I understand it. You may want to edit your post to avoid equating all 2021 orders with all pre 9/19 timestamp orders to minimize confusion. Hopefully the allocations increase markedly for 2022, otherwise you literally have 1/4 of the orders looking at MY2023 if the 200 allocations every six months stays the same.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lovely update Zach.

Do you have any insights into the MOD top issues?? It is sounding more & more like this is a product-specific issue, rather than a production/assembly issue. Thanks.

Completely speculative for me to guess. You know what I know. Sorry I don't have more to add.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You seem to be using the phrase '2021 orders' to mean only reservations converted before 9/19/20 reservation timestamp, which might be confusing to the first 50% of total conversions (essentially everyone up to the October special). Your numbers show about half (commodity restrictions aside) of the pre 9/19/20 orders having allocations. That means that 3/4 of the folks fall outside 2021 allocations as I understand it. You may want to edit your post to avoid equating all 2021 orders with all pre 9/19 timestamp orders to minimize confusion. Hopefully the allocations increase markedly for 2022, otherwise you literally have 1/4 of the orders looking at MY2023 if the 200 allocations every six months stays the same.

Yeah, the only reason I phrased it as such was because when we opened the October special, we were very clear that you are 99.99% likely to be ordering for 2022. We didn't want to set unrealistic expectations. I would be surprised if we didn't easily exceed 400 allocations in 2022. I would also be very surprised if we still had 800 potential orders to fill in the late summer/fall of this year. realistically I think closer to 500 will actually order on the optimistic side.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you Zach! Looking forward to finalizing the drop location for your Colorado group. Getting closer!

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Allocation of 203 for 2021...

That's like getting more than a Bronco a day! One of those double decker car carriers unloading every week!

Great job Granger!!!😍😍
Sponsored