MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Absolutely. When May rolls around and buyers get their estimated build/delivery dates, a bunch of people who need a vehicle sooner will cancel.
When this actually happens, will it be Ford that communicates that someone who has stayed with their order has moved up in the queue or do we think it will be the dealer reaching out?

I'm sure we don't know about any of that yet, but I'm wondering how many times between May/June and Q1 2022 I may potentially move up (if at all...).

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When this actually happens, will it be Ford that communicates that someone who has stayed with their order has moved up in the queue or do we think it will be the dealer reaching out?

I'm sure we don't know about any of that yet, but I'm wondering how many times between May/June and Q1 2022 I may potentially move up (if at all...).
Not sure.
Ford isn't very chatty with us. I am just glad I switched to Granger because I trust they will let me know if anything changes.😍

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
....When this actually happens, will it be Ford that communicates that someone who has stayed with their order has moved up in the queue or do we think it will be the dealer reaching out?....
You will never know if you move in the queue. This May you should get an email from ford giving you a 'window' of time your unit may be built, that is if you had your order in before the April cutoff. The dealer, and you, can know at the same time (the dealer has no way of knowing before), when you're order has been issued an VIN you are about 2 weeks out from rolling down the line and then what ever the delivery time is to get the unit to your dealer. When you get your VIN then you can compare it with what you were told in May, that is about it.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not sure.
Ford isn't very chatty with us. I am just glad I switched to Granger because I trust they will let me know if anything changes.😍
You will never know if you move in the queue. This May you should get an email from ford giving you a 'window' of time your unit may be built, that is if you had your order in before the April cutoff. The dealer, and you, can know at the same time (the dealer has no way of knowing before), when you're order has been issued an VIN you are about 2 weeks out from rolling down the line and then what ever the delivery time is to get the unit to your dealer. When you get your VIN then you can compare it with what you were told in May, that is about it.
Yeah, that's what I thought would happen. Just like everyone else, I'm not even going to try to gameplan any other scenario because that would be a waste of time. But until the pollen stops flying around outside, I'm stuck in here behind a desk...well, also because of work, but that's besides the point.
Sponsored