Sponsored

3.5 inch lift with 35s vs 5 inch with 37s?

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So my Big Bend has a blend date of next week and I know for sure I want to put a lift on it. The thing that most concerns me is in the long run, will the bigger lift and tires (37s) lead to significantly more wear and tear than the former? I plan to keep it a long time and don't want to have to deal with repairs, etc. To be honest the lift is just for looks, I don't plan to do much off road driving. Also, I live close to work so I don't plan to put more than 10K miles per year on it. Thanks!
Sponsored

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
So my Big Bend has a blend date of next week and I know for sure I want to put a lift on it. The thing that most concerns me is in the long run, will the bigger lift and tires (37s) lead to significantly more wear and tear than the former? I plan to keep it a long time and don't want to have to deal with repairs, etc. To be honest the lift is just for looks, I don't plan to do much off road driving. Also, I live close to work so I don't plan to put more than 10K miles per year on it. Thanks!
In theory a larger wheel / tire will always put more stress on suspension and steering components vs a smaller tire due to added unsprung weight, rotating mass, scrub radius, etc. but going from a 35” to a 37” would be pretty negligible I’d imagine as long as the wheel package you go with isn’t substantially heavier than stock.

Personally I wouldn’t lift an IFS 4x4 truck any higher than 3.5”. Going any higher than that usually requires drop bracket kits and what not which to put simply are more trouble than they’re worth. They may give you the look you want but driving feel and characteristics will be further comprised. Hope this helps and congrats on your upcoming delivery!

Untrained Horse

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

3.5 w/ 37’s
I have seen a 5” and it made the 37’s look small.

Yetibronco21

Big Bend
First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What he said ☝Me personally, I like small lift with bigger wheels and tires. The max tire kit and a shorter lift will allow for a bigger tire and same articulation. JMHO.
Sponsored