First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2-Door Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Do you think a 3-inch lift will be OK for my daily driver? What are downsides?

Background info: 2022 2-Door Big Bend (non-squatch), already has squatch tires on Big Bend rims and squatch fender flares, crash bars removed
No previous lifted vehicle experience, 4WD pickups only, very limited off-road driving expected, mainly attracted to appearance
3" lift was offered to me as "fit check" opportunity by a major aftermarket company, kit already known fit on 4-door
Kit includes dampers with higher spring seats, top mount spacers, and upper control arms with ball joint, will include alignment
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Other than the MPG hit... it would be fine for daily driving. You already took a rather big hit by switching to the Sasquatch-sized tires... so this will just be another hit (probably less of a hit than the tires were).

For off-roading you would have to worry about the added stress on the front-end steering components, but for daily driving that shouldn't be much of an issue. So it just depends if you feel like that look is worth the on-going added expense of fuel.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have 3 inch on big bend. 35s as well. get on avg 16 mpg. No downsides for me other then big hit on mpg. Cv JOINTS WILL be at an aggressive angle if its a spacer lift. But if your not off roading it wont be as bad (stressed). I am quite sure I will have to replace my front axles much sooner then if I left geometry stock. But I am ok with that.

ShittinBritts

Outer Banks
First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have any rough guesses of the MPG hit delta between a 2" and 3" lift? Considering either on 35" tires, but if the extra hit is only 1-2mpg then I'd prefer to lift her up.

BigDaddySquatch

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have 3 inch on big bend. 35s as well. get on avg 16 mpg. No downsides for me other then big hit on mpg. Cv JOINTS WILL be at an aggressive angle if its a spacer lift. But if your not off roading it wont be as bad (stressed). I am quite sure I will have to replace my front axles much sooner then if I left geometry stock. But I am ok with that.
Do you have MT or AT? If Auto, how does it do at high speed on hwy with 35s and 3.73 gears?

Sponsored

ScumbagTakumi

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AE86 Corolla (S2K SWAP), 08 Acura MDX AKA THE GOAT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually, I found mine was better with a bit of lift than without. I have been testing a couple of different options for work, and every single coilover that I have set for some lift has made it more comfortable and stable than the stock Bilies, so probably way better than the Hitachis. I have a 2.3 with a manual, and my average MPG only dropped from like 18.8 to 18.4 MPG from stock Sasquatch height to 2-2.5" of lift (3-3.5+ over non sas), so the change was negligible.

OP
OP

4Macomb

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2-Door Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the input. I know that Jeep’s are commonly lifted, so I’m guessing that Ford engineers must account some for comparable modifications - otherwise word is that Broncos are weak. The gas mileage numbers you have don’t scare me. Bronco owners are already giving up gas mileage.
Sponsored