redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So for those that know, this will be boring :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. 3 weeks from today THE MOST AWESOME off-road race will be held. KING OF THE HAMMERS. IMO, better than Baja. If you don't know about KOH, It is by far the toughest, the roughtest, the most brutal off road race held. I always look forward to watching it and THANK GOD Covid didn't kill it. 300 miles of flat out desert and rock trials that make the Rubicon look like a speed bump. j/k

This year is going to be tough as nails !!!!

Below is posted an hour long video of the organizers explaining how things will go down this year. Ford is still a sponsor and he says there will be 30 Broncos there to look at, ride in, etc. Reps will be there.

edit: just watched the video again to see 34 minutes in they talk about the Bronc.

Another note is there is a new trail they have just built 3 days before this video. It goes from the top of Fissure Mountain straight down to the valley below. I believe they called it Kings Cemetary or maybe Graveyard. It was stated that organizers feel someone will go into the trail with an hour lead over everyone else and then not make it out to finish the race. BRUTAL. to use his words.

Lots of good stuff in this video. it's long but if your a hammers fan, good info. This race will be one for the record books by the sound of it.

KOH 2021 Live Pre-Show!: Tune in Wednesday night, January 6th, at 6 PM PST for the 2021 King of t... - YouTube

just wanted to post this up here in case anyone who does not know of KOH maybe they would want to check it out to see what "capability" is all about. not to mention these are the some trails that the Bronco was born on. Enjoy !!
Sponsored

Last edited:

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good post, and yes KOH is awesome, but I take exception on your Rubicon slur!! Have you ever done the Rubicon trail?

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good post, and yes KOH is awesome, but I take exception on your Rubicon slur!! Have you ever done the Rubicon trail?
Have you done Jack or Sledge?

OP
OP
BAUS67

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have not. :( But it was meant more in jest because more people know the "Rubicon" name better. I will edit my post to put a j/k there. Thank you. I have heard they have gone in there and made the trails more "passable" than before. Maybe not true, maybe you have heard the same ???

In PA there is an ORV park called AOAA and they are using mine reclamation to make "trails" and they have filled in a giant water hole and are making a HUGE rock trail about a half mile long. "Rocks the size of school buses" they say, and what do they call it.........the "Rubicon" of the east, personally I hated the idea for the same reason you posted above, the Rubicon is the Rubicon. And Jackhammer is Jackhammer. Or Hell's Gate is Hell's Gate.

Last edited:

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What/where is the best way to watch the actual event? Is there a YouTube stream?

Sponsored
OP
OP
BAUS67

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What/where is the best way to watch the actual event? Is there a YouTube stream?

Yes live stream

King of The Hammers - ULTRA4 Racing - YouTube

above link is free to watch ......... I think if you subscribe to ultra4 for 35 bucks you can watch all the racing action for the whole season. They have in car and heli/drone views.

I will also make a point this production is in the middle of a dessert so there are glitches. Some times it pixelates, cuts out, or just plain freezes. And you will get tired of the same commercial over and over, and over, and over , j/k it is still cool as hell !!!! I have seen guys get stuck and block the trail and another driver will come along, crawl over his tire and hood to get past and continue on the trail. Off-road racing at it's finest.

edit: FOUND IT !!!!!! only 3 or 4 mins.

KOH Randy Slawson Drives over car 4490 in Elvis while 4468 plays Ramblin Man - YouTube

Last edited:

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs