Sponsored

3 year nav subscription -- for all GPS stuff or just the trail maps?

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty standard these days.
That's a bullshit answer. So, in three tears you have to pay up or you can't use your navigation? GTFO

Nothing has changed. You add the installed navigation for $695 and you have maps forever. Ford just added an option for lower trims to have a subscription based maps. Didn't not have that option in the past. You had to go all out high trims to get navigation.
Lux package says you get a three year subscription not permanent navigation. Per Ford's build and price.
Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's a bullshit answer. So, in three tears you have to pay up or you can't use your navigation? GTFO

Lux package says you get a three year subscription not permanent navigation. Per Ford's build and price.
I didn't say I liked it. I don't. It's becoming a 'norm' because we keep buying it.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't say I liked it. I don't. It's becoming a 'norm' because we keep buying it.
Unfortunately, we will keep getting subscription everything until legislation comes around, so... 20 years? lol

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sponsored

RubyRuin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I'm pretty sure the subscription is in regards to live traffic mapping/online map searches. If you don't have a subscription, you can still use the built in navigation but just not able to see live traffic on the roads. This is how the Audi MMI and GM's new Infotainment 3 systems work.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm pretty sure the subscription is in regards to live traffic mapping/online map searches. If you don't have a subscription, you can still use the built in navigation but just not able to see live traffic on the roads. This is how the Audi MMI and GM's new Infotainment 3 systems work.
I'm sure as hell hoping so

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
we need real confirmation though its too vague

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My understanding was that trail maps was essentially a GPS tracker of your activity off road, is that correct?

The Sync 4 does have live info, which is a subscription...pretty standard across the industry now. I think the Mach E had an extensive demo of the connected features.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think your confused. Navigation maps are not the trail maps. navigations maps are included in Lux. You have to spend $695 to get that on every other package or pay the monthly fee. The subscription for trails is a monthly fee on every package from what it looks like to me.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think your confused. Navigation maps are not the trail maps. navigations maps are included in Lux. You have to spend $695 to get that on every other package or pay the monthly fee. The subscription for trails is a monthly fee on every package from what it looks like to me.
I'm going off of the Build and Price. Go check it out.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did. When I select Lux the highlighted box says "Connected Built-In Navigation" included. Pretty straight forward to me. All other packages it says "$695 Conneted Built-In Navigation" option. Again it looks like you pay for trails on every package.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco 3 year nav subscription --  for all GPS stuff or just the trail maps? Screenshot_20201023-121555_Chrome

Not to mention the "build-in" instead of "built-in" language.

It never delineates navigation from the promoted trail maps.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope you are right but I believe you are wrong. It says 3 years included on the upgraded navigation information
Then what is the built in navigation you are paying $695 for?

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Then what is the built in navigation you are paying $695 for?
the computer system to run the navigation. Hopefully the subscription is just for the trail maps and traffic data and not the physical navigation because that I can live with. I really really hope the physical navigation is NOT subscription too
Edit typo
Sponsored