First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So after lurking on this forum for the past three years I decided to finally cave and join. The last forum I was involved with I became a bit obsessed, so I was hesitant to join. However I finally grew tired of not being able to respond at times so here I am. Sorry if this ends up being a little long, but I figured it would give a little background to the direction I am headed with my bronco. (I hope someone finds this interesting)

My name is Jon, I currently live in Brea, CA. I am the proud owner of a 2021 4 Door Badlands, MIC Top, 2.7L, Auto, MGV interior, High Package, Cactus Grey. I made my reservation the evening that it went live, however I did not place my order until March 14th 2020. At the time I was in the midst of trying to find a new home to buy and didn't want to mess my credit score up so I dragged my feet turning my reservation into an order. Little did I know that you don't do any of the financing until the vehicle arrives, so needless to say I had plenty of time for that. I originally was scheduled for 7/26 build, bumped to 8/16, to 8/30, to 9/13, to 10/25. It was finally built 11/4 and shipped 11/8. I took delivery on 12/1 from Fairway Ford in Placentia, CA. Everything went fairly smooth, dealer charged me MSRP like they had verbally agreed. Only hiccup I really had is when I took delivery of the vehicle, the sound deadening headliner was only installed on the front passenger panel and the rest was blank. Still working with the dealership to get that fixed.

So far the vehicle is fairly stock. I installed the Rough Country hood struts and auto start eliminator. I also purchased a few things from stickerfab (screen protector, rearview mirror warning covers, and a few exterior stickers) as well as a set of bronco depot emblems. I am waiting to put those items on still as I am undecided the exact route I want to go. I am most likely holding out until I get some ADV fiberglass fenders before putting on the emblems.

In my younger years I did a lot of metal fabrication and had a few projects over the years. Between my '98 expedition (full teardown build, never finished, parting out), my '91 ranger (daily driver, turned temporary fun truck, turned desert toy) and helping a bunch of my friends on their vehicles, I am definitely leaning towards going the long travel route on this bronco. However there isn't that many options currently available (few in development) so I am just kind of sitting back and waiting to make any major decisions.

My desert/fabrication life basically got put on hold after meeting my wife. We got a house, then came a dog, then my two sons (ages 3 and 9 months). After storing the expedition and all my parts/fab tools I eventually gave in and decided to scrap/part out the truck about 2 years ago. I have had an empty void in my heart ever since.

My older brother and I are also die hard LA Rams fans. We have had season tickets since they first came back to LA. Since that first season we always talked about wanting to build a tailgate vehicle. This past year, we made that a reality (No I'm not talking about the bronco). Our father had an older E350 work van that he had replaced with a new Transit. He sold us the van (2005 E350 extended 6.0L diesel) for $1 and we started the Ram It Van. It was a 2 seater van and we added two 3 person benches. Next we found a sliding door from the junkyard that had a window and installed it. Then cut a giant hole on the drivers side and installed a fixed window (rv style). We installed custom yellow bubble windows we made from boat port windows I found on ebay. Put plexiglass in a wood form and heated in my oven, the added compressed air for the bubble. And then came the wrap and new bumpers. The van is still a work in progress, we also have an A team wing/spoiler to install on the rear. And interior should hopefully happen before the start of next season. We have been using it to tailgate this season, and people seem to really enjoy it. Plus it helps because it gives us plenty of room for all of our tailgating gear.

The van basically brought back my desire to work on/customize vehicles again. I am super pumped to have the bronco in my possession and can't wait to start making some major modifications. I look forward to posting my progress as well as following everyone's builds and continuing to do lots of research on this forum.

'98 Expedition (H&M Long Travel, Pro Am Hubs, Blitzkrieg Motorsports fabbed 9", 351 from a bronco!)
utf-8BMjAxMC0wNy0yNDk1MTQuNTYuMTUuanBn.jpg

DSC02120.jpg

'91 Ranger (4.0L Auto, Camburg 4.5" Beam kit, deaver leaf springs, explorer rear axle, custom cantilever I built)
utf-8BSU1HMDAzODMtMjAxMTA2MTMtMTYyOC5qcGc.jpg

2012-04-16_16-48-26_630.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA0MDUtMjAxMTA3MjEtMTEzNi5qcGc.jpg

'05 Ram It Van
6249.jpg

6244.jpg

13657(1).jpg

view.jpg

ramwrap.jpg

'21 Bronco Badlands (2.7L Auto)
image.jpg

03557444-0D9F-4FF1-B037-FF51E811E37E.jpg
Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So after lurking on this forum for the past three years I decided to finally cave and join. The last forum I was involved with I became a bit obsessed, so I was hesitant to join. However I finally grew tired of not being able to respond at times so here I am. Sorry if this ends up being a little long, but I figured it would give a little background to the direction I am headed with my bronco. (I hope someone finds this interesting)

My name is Jon, I currently live in Brea, CA. I am the proud owner of a 2021 4 Door Badlands, MIC Top, 2.7L, Auto, MGV interior, High Package, Cactus Grey. I made my reservation the evening that it went live, however I did not place my order until March 14th 2020. At the time I was in the midst of trying to find a new home to buy and didn't want to mess my credit score up so I dragged my feet turning my reservation into an order. Little did I know that you don't do any of the financing until the vehicle arrives, so needless to say I had plenty of time for that. I originally was scheduled for 7/26 build, bumped to 8/16, to 8/30, to 9/13, to 10/25. It was finally built 11/4 and shipped 11/8. I took delivery on 12/1 from Fairway Ford in Placentia, CA. Everything went fairly smooth, dealer charged me MSRP like they had verbally agreed. Only hiccup I really had is when I took delivery of the vehicle, the sound deadening headliner was only installed on the front passenger panel and the rest was blank. Still working with the dealership to get that fixed.

So far the vehicle is fairly stock. I installed the Rough Country hood struts and auto start eliminator. I also purchased a few things from stickerfab (screen protector, rearview mirror warning covers, and a few exterior stickers) as well as a set of bronco depot emblems. I am waiting to put those items on still as I am undecided the exact route I want to go. I am most likely holding out until I get some ADV fiberglass fenders before putting on the emblems.

In my younger years I did a lot of metal fabrication and had a few projects over the years. Between my '98 expedition (full teardown build, never finished, parting out), my '91 ranger (daily driver, turned temporary fun truck, turned desert toy) and helping a bunch of my friends on their vehicles, I am definitely leaning towards going the long travel route on this bronco. However there isn't that many options currently available (few in development) so I am just kind of sitting back and waiting to make any major decisions.

My desert/fabrication life basically got put on hold after meeting my wife. We got a house, then came a dog, then my two sons (ages 3 and 9 months). After storing the expedition and all my parts/fab tools I eventually gave in and decided to scrap/part out the truck about 2 years ago. I have had an empty void in my heart ever since.

My older brother and I are also die hard LA Rams fans. We have had season tickets since they first came back to LA. Since that first season we always talked about wanting to build a tailgate vehicle. This past year, we made that a reality (No I'm not talking about the bronco). Our father had an older E350 work van that he had replaced with a new Transit. He sold us the van (2005 E350 extended 6.0L diesel) for $1 and we started the Ram It Van. It was a 2 seater van and we added two 3 person benches. Next we found a sliding door from the junkyard that had a window and installed it. Then cut a giant hole on the drivers side and installed a fixed window (rv style). We installed custom yellow bubble windows we made from boat port windows I found on ebay. Put plexiglass in a wood form and heated in my oven, the added compressed air for the bubble. And then came the wrap and new bumpers. The van is still a work in progress, we also have an A team wing/spoiler to install on the rear. And interior should hopefully happen before the start of next season. We have been using it to tailgate this season, and people seem to really enjoy it. Plus it helps because it gives us plenty of room for all of our tailgating gear.

The van basically brought back my desire to work on/customize vehicles again. I am super pumped to have the bronco in my possession and can't wait to start making some major modifications. I look forward to posting my progress as well as following everyone's builds and continuing to do lots of research on this forum.

'98 Expedition (H&M Long Travel, Pro Am Hubs, Blitzkrieg Motorsports fabbed 9", 351 from a bronco!)
Ford Bronco 3 years lurking... finally gave in 03557444-0D9F-4FF1-B037-FF51E811E37E

Ford Bronco 3 years lurking... finally gave in 03557444-0D9F-4FF1-B037-FF51E811E37E

'91 Ranger (4.0L Auto, Camburg 4.5" Beam kit, deaver leaf springs, explorer rear axle, custom cantilever I built)

'05 Ram It Van

'21 Bronco Badlands (2.7L Auto)

Wow! Awesome Ram It Van!! Always a good game between Rams and Seahawks.

Thanks for sharing...great read.

FordOwner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a few
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice job on the van! Can't wait to see what you do with your Bronco.
Sponsored