Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

WT is SAS by default, so the official EPA # is 17mpg, he's beating that.

@DETT How are the speakers / adaptive cruise on the Lux?
Speakers aren't anything special as far as I can tell. They're good enough for the average Joe (me), but won't do audiophiles any good.
As far as cruise, I haven't used it. I'm taking this break in period as seriously as I can which means 1000mi of playing footsie lol
Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I've had my Wildtrak since Thursday the 8th and since then have put just under 300 miles on it myself. It had roughly 25 miles at delivery. Mostly driven on 2 lane hwys no more than 60mph and some dirt back roads here and there. This is by no means a hypermiling machine, but I'm happy to report I'm at an overall average of 19mpg on regular ol' 87octane

ETA: 4dr WT, lux, modular front bumper, tow package, mic top

PXL_20210712_212439192.jpg
I am seeing the same after 600 miles of mixed driving in my 2.7 4dr Badlands. Almost identical to my last 2.7 F150 during break in. I have seen about 5-7% improvement by about 10k miles in past Fords.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

can you do this again with 93? i want to see if that extra 40¢ a gallon will pay off outside of performance.

robela2

Big Bend
First Name
lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I've had my Wildtrak since Thursday the 8th and since then have put just under 300 miles on it myself. It had roughly 25 miles at delivery. Mostly driven on 2 lane hwys no more than 60mph and some dirt back roads here and there. This is by no means a hypermiling machine, but I'm happy to report I'm at an overall average of 19mpg on regular ol' 87octane

I'm 683 miles in with my BB 2.7 and averaging 20.6 mpg...combination of city and highway. Here in Lynchburg we have enough hills and valleys to make this a strong performance.

BandofEskimoBrothers

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Remember when people where complaining about the 300 mile range on the new electric F150? "BUT WUT ABOUT MAH ROAD TRIPS!"

Sponsored

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm no expert, but I think it has more to do with me driving like a grandma more than vehicle specs lol

(No offense grandma 😘)
The only way to drive a new vehicle is like a Grandmother.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No goat modes yet. I'm trying hard to break it in with ease. In my experience, tranny's needs more break in attention than the motor so I'm really trying to focus on feathering the throttle.
Curious what your experience is. Have you damaged or seen damaged transmissions from improper break in?

David12691

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Im planning on driving my 2.7 SAS from Jersey to California in Sept so I could help put down some numbers as well if anyone is interested.

OP
OP
DETT

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Curious what your experience is. Have you damaged or seen damaged transmissions from improper break in?
Finally someone called me out on it lol

Actually not a ton of first hand experience, tbh. But I did tow a few heavy loads with my F150 inside the 1k mile break in and ended up with some random hard shifts common with the 10sp. Nothing horrible, but possibly could have been avoided.

In the end, better safe than sorry. I'd hate to create a long-term issue right out of the gate since I plan on keeping the bronco for many years.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DETT

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Drops $65k on a truck and is worried about putting premium in... :unsure:
Who said I was worried about it? I just don't want to pay premium prices lol. Especially when I'm already getting 19mpg on regular.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Is it just me, or were others expecting better mileage out of these EcoBoost engines, even the 2.7L? Don't get me wrong, I'm still picking mine up when it comes in, but I was hoping for better mileage.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who said I was worried about it? I just don't want to pay premium prices lol. Especially when I'm already getting 19mpg on regular.
My point stands. If you had a base model then it wouldn't be so silly to complain about a couple cents a gallon, but to pay more than twice what the base model costs and now try to save a few pennies is questionable especially since you could get even better mpg on the premium. Tell me you don't want to find out. :p

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it just me, or were others expecting better mileage out of these EcoBoost engines, even the 2.7L? Don't get me wrong, I'm still picking mine up when it comes in, but I was hoping for better mileage.
It's just you and a whole bunch of people think you can get a 5k lbs vehicle shaped like a brick to get great gas mileage.

BandofEskimoBrothers

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

consider that I can add 50% energy to the vehicle in 2 minutes at any time by carrying a gas can with me or 100% by stopping for 5 minutes at a gas station.

compared to stopping and charging for a couple hours…
Ah, someone that does not have experience with charging stations. A home charging station may take that long, but public fast charging stations can "fill you up" in 15-20 minutes.
Sponsored