First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 EXPEDITION,2009 F150,2003 LINCOLN AVIATOR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
get one of these hood protectors installed .... (not the smooth ones but the ones with a lip on it) at speed it creates an upward air flow that pushes most bugs over the roof.

the vertical windshield is a bug magnet and the first 2 weeks the glass was peppered with dead bugs .... installed a protector and i can see the results now on the 3rd week .... day n night

1634406254995.png
Ford accessary?
Sponsored

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It honestly could of been one of the giant bugs that that i hit. Once i seen the angle of the windshield i knew i was going to have issues with cracks. They don’t deflect they just hit straight on.
🤣 I had the same issue with my FJ. It was always catching rocks. It was too straight up to deflect well.

Last edited:

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

get one of these hood protectors installed .... (not the smooth ones but the ones with a lip on it) at speed it creates an upward air flow that pushes most bugs over the roof.

the vertical windshield is a bug magnet and the first 2 weeks the glass was peppered with dead bugs .... installed a protector and i can see the results now on the 3rd week .... day n night

1634406254995.png
Thanks for the report of your results. I was going to add one just for good measure.

clearedhot

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Took delivery on October 5th and headed out on my cross country move 5 days later. Drove from NC to WA. 5 days almost 3000 miles. My 13 year old daughter and 2 50-60lbs dogs rode with me.

I gotta say it handled amazing and it was such a comfortable ride. I averaged between 17-18mpg. ECO mode didn’t really seem to make a difference between normal mode. I kept the same average mpg in both modes.

The road noise with the soft top wasn’t too terrible except coming across SD when the winds were gusting at 65mph.

It was raining one of the days and everything inside stayed dry. I did notice some moisture building up in the headlights so I’m gonna have the dealer check that out and see what they will do about it and i caught a rock to the windshield and now have a nice crack that is spreading more everyday.

I was excited to drive thru the Badlands national park and get a few pictures of my Badlands in the Badlands lol. I drove thru snow heading up the mountain to Mount Rushmore and coming across Wyoming. The snow wasn’t bad it was the black ice once the sun went down and i had a oh sh@t moment when i went sideways… it handled it very well i was just lucky there were no cars coming the other way.

Overall it was a great trip with only a few minor hiccups. I do wish there was more cup holders 🤷🏻‍♂️

F49A5B09-0896-4E3B-9415-FE9F918E6098.jpeg

E0831F28-B7C1-43FD-B954-FD9C81855E5B.jpeg

31C99C2C-5C46-47CD-967E-EEE343E5F8F1.jpeg

6EA85370-680E-4146-8B43-0B3D5F881E10.jpeg

8D41DD04-AF1C-4938-B8DC-124B8B07B9F9.jpeg

77799675-64E8-403D-85AE-B32DB453EDB0.jpeg
Thanks for the post! I'm planning a road trip from Florida to Texas when (if ever) I pick up my Wildtrak. I've been wondering about break in. Did you do anything special during your trip?

Racerdad

Badlands
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m on the west side in the Tacoma area. Stationed at fort Lewis now
Tacoma is a great town. If you have some free time, go visit the Museum of Glass and the Washington State Historical Museum downtown. And if you like wine, make an appointment and go taste at Andrew Will on Vashon Island.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Sreevie

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the post! I'm planning a road trip from Florida to Texas when (if ever) I pick up my Wildtrak. I've been wondering about break in. Did you do anything special during your trip?
I drove it like normal and i plan on getting the oil changed this week. The oil life monitor still shows 71% life but i would feel better getting it done after such a long trip. I filled up with 93 when the gas stations had it but most of it was 91. Not sure why those Midwest states didn’t have 93 and i havnt seen it in Washington either.

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately I think this is going to be a common problem :(
8d41dd04-af1c-4938-b8dc-124b8b07b9f9-jpeg.jpg
Is that SD? I have been in SD for 8 days in my life and had three cracked windshields…shit you not! Last trip we got a bad one after being in SD for three hours…day one of our 10 day road trip. Got it fixed three days later upon leaving SD we got another. Not sure if that is a Bronco issue or a SD issue!?!😅

OP
OP

Sreevie

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is that SD? I have been in SD for 8 days in my life and had three cracked windshields…shit you not! Last trip we got a bad one after being in SD for three hours…day one of our 10 day road trip. Got it fixed three days later upon leaving SD we got another. Not sure if that is a Bronco issue or a SD issue!?!😅
I took the picture while driving coming across Washington but i noticed it first thing in the morning. I think it probably happened in SD and the below freezing temps and snow/rain coming thru the mountains made it spread. At first i thought it was a stress crack but i pulled over as soon as i noticed it and fount a small spot at the bottom on the crack where i could tell it was from a rock

Sponsored

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Excellent report. Your Bronco looks amazing. It may be an optical illusion, but it looks like you may have a chipped headlight too (top left of center in the pic).

OP
OP

Sreevie

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Excellent report. Your Bronco looks amazing. It may be an optical illusion, but it looks like you may have a chipped headlight too (top left of center in the pic).
Well now I’m walking outside to check. Thanks… 😂

OP
OP

Sreevie

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No cracked just a dead bug 😂😂😂

Hitemstiff

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands/ 05 Expedition/ 77 F150 Ranger SB 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs