AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is exactly what I’ll do when I get my bronco. I’ve driven from WA to FL, FL to WA, and VA to WA In my Honda Element pulling a Small trailer. Fourth cross country trip -I hope- is in my bronco next year. Glad to see someone test on a coast-to-coast trek (y)
Sponsored

kschoenn

First Edition
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’ll be taking my FE from NYC to Seattle whenever I’m able to take delivery. Very jealous of your trip!

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately I think this is going to be a common problem :(
8d41dd04-af1c-4938-b8dc-124b8b07b9f9-jpeg.jpg
Won't ever be as big a problem as it is on Jeeps. Jeeps windshields are practically vertical and they just crack instead of chipping. Pretty much a yearly process when you own a Jeep. Live in a place like I do where they sand the roads in winter and it is guaranteed!

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Bronco is very square so aerodynamically speaking its horrible to start with as far as mpg goes .... the protector with a lip actually flows some of the air over the roof so inadvertently it helps the mpg by reducing the frontal air dam at the windshield ..... but whatever gain or loss in mpg is negligible!

With a vehicle shaped like the Bronco driving habits is what determines MPG, if you're concerned about it.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

get one of these hood protectors installed .... (not the smooth ones but the ones with a lip on it) at speed it creates an upward air flow that pushes most bugs over the roof.

the vertical windshield is a bug magnet and the first 2 weeks the glass was peppered with dead bugs .... installed a protector and i can see the results now on the 3rd week .... night n day

1634406254995.png
Thanks for this post - It's people like you that make me spend more money on accessories before my Bronco arrives!!!

I'm kidding of course. I do appreciate this. I was just looking at both this one and the flat one, and now you've convinced me that the one with the lip is the way to go. Thank you!

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Supposedly the moisture in the lights is normal. At least what I've seen posted somewhere here before. Pics look great btw. I have been debating on planning a long roadtrip from GA to UT and glad to hear it handled it so well.
I miss the days of sealed beam headlights, far superior in every way. Moisture and fogging over is always a problem.

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What was your highway average....any idea? I assume you encountered the crazy bugs in some areas at night...our cars front grill was black from driving through them.

OP
OP

Sreevie

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What was your highway average....any idea? I assume you encountered the crazy bugs in some areas at night...our cars front grill was black from driving through them.
Normal mode it averaged about 17.5 and eco mode bumped it up to about 18mpg. I had my cruise control set anywhere between 70-80 mph most of the trip.

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I drove it like normal and i plan on getting the oil changed this week. The oil life monitor still shows 71% life but i would feel better getting it done after such a long trip. I filled up with 93 when the gas stations had it but most of it was 91. Not sure why those Midwest states didn’t have 93 and i havnt seen it in Washington either.
Do Bronco's require that level of octane? My F150 only requires 87. I have the 2.7. Also surprised at the 17-18 mpg you averaged. I get 23 mpg highway in my truck.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Sreevie

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do Bronco's require that level of octane? My F150 only requires 87. I have the 2.7. Also surprised at the 17-18 mpg you averaged. I get 23 mpg highway in my truck.
Honestly I’m not sure what the minimum octane requirement is. I’m sure i don’t need to run premium but it helps.

nc-hiker

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Supposedly the moisture in the lights is normal. At least what I've seen posted somewhere here before. Pics look great btw. I have been debating on planning a long roadtrip from GA to UT and glad to hear it handled it so well.
I'm curious. Why would that be normal?

nc-hiker

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are there any real world reports of the fuel economy for a stock Badlands 4-door?