First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 1967 Vette 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just passed 3000 miles on my Big Bend, which is a very basic rig with four cylinder engine and soft top. The good…..excellent road manners, drives incredibly smooth even at 90 plus mph, far superior to my 2016 Wrangler Rubicon, really no comparison. Even without lift or aggressive tires it handled off road in the Colorado mountains extremely well, even through some pretty rough and rocky trails.

The bad….only 18.3 mpg so far, although to be fair much of it is off road or at higher speeds than most (already got first speeding ticket as well) will drive. I am installing tube steps next week, my wife struggles to get in, the grab handles don’t seem to help, she is just five feet even.

The ugly…the soft top is a pain at best. When stowed all of the way, you lose entire visibility through rear mirror. Removed completely it would solve the problem, but then you wouldn’t have the top available. There is a ton of road noise as well as warm air circulating around the cabin. The three removable panels are a real pain to get back in place properly, easily as bad as the Wrangler soft top, which is a similar nightmare as well.

That’s about it, I have a second order confirmation from January, I plan to use it to buy the one I really wanted, which will be a hardtop six cylinder Sasquatch stick. I fully expect to wait until fall of 22 before I get it, and I also fully expect that I will find a buyer for my current Bronco (even with 30 k miles) at the $39 k price I paid.

I am doing the Off Roadeo in Austin next weekend, which should help me figure exactly how to configure my next order. I feel for all of you waiting for delivery, but trust me that you won’t be disappointed!

Ford Bronco 3000 miles in…good, bad and the ugly 02275F8F-199E-4ED3-8DCB-352270373040
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That’s about it, I have a second order confirmation from January, I plan to use it to buy the one I really wanted, which will be a hardtop six cylinder Sasquatch stick. I fully expect to wait until fall of 22 before I get it
Thanks for the review. Where did you hear that they were going to have the six cylinder sasquatch stick next year? I know they are releasing the mansquatch, but I was under the impression that it was only with the 2.3 inline four.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hilarious with people posting MPG when they drive 80 and 90MpH 🤷
It probably doesn't matter much to Americans who pay what, $2.75 a gallon and think thats a lot, but you'll need FOUR times more power every time you double your speed...
Doesn't matter if it's 25/50MPH or 100/200MPH.... 4X as much.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a second order confirmation from January, I plan to use it to buy the one I really wanted, which will be a hardtop six cylinder Sasquatch stick.
Doesn’t exist. You can only get a real transmission with the 2.3L 4-cylinder.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

These soft tops just keep sounding worse and worse, and now Ford is pushing for people to switch to them! Bad press for MIC tops, bad press for soft tops. They can't win! Sorry to the folks who switched to the soft top, I would rather wait for a MIC fix.

RMG72

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Doesn’t exist. You can only get a real transmission with the 2.3L 4-cylinder.
Could you imagine how many MTs they’d sell if it was available with the 6? I’d personally buy about 10 just for myself. Wife would be super pissed for sure

Sponsored

Hbass321

Outer Banks
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice review! The soft top was really a fumble on Fords part. Those savgy windows are really ugly. Also interesting you think the Wrangler has a bad soft top. I have a soft top on my JL and think it’s one of the best on the market. It definitely has more road noise then a hard top, but the windows are really easy to put on and take off. Right now I’m finishing up a 3,000 mile road trip and it’s handled it really well. The warm air thing is just a reality of having a black piece of fabric over your head. Visibility is just an unfortunate reality with the soft tops, but I’ve found that if I have a large velcro strap, I can get the fabric bundled up a but better and reduce flapping. Helps with visibility too, so you may want to try that. I prefer the look of the fastback top on the Bronco, but I have only seen them sporadically.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice review! The soft top was really a fumble on Fords part. Those savgy windows are really ugly. Also interesting you think the Wrangler has a bad soft top. I have a soft top on my JL and think it’s one of the best on the market. It definitely has more road noise then a hard top, but the windows are really easy to put on and take off. Right now I’m finishing up a 3,000 mile road trip and it’s handled it really well. The warm air thing is just a reality of having a black piece of fabric over your head. Visibility is just an unfortunate reality with the soft tops, but I’ve found that if I have a large velcro strap, I can get the fabric bundled up a but better and reduce flapping. Helps with visibility too, so you may want to try that. I prefer the look of the fastback top on the Bronco, but I have only seen them sporadically.
I recently test drove a BD SASQ with soft top. Not at all what I expected. The soft was up so I can not speak to other configurations, but there was no drama with noise or visibility, none. Most of the drive was approximately 60 mph. Easy conversation noise level.

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These soft tops just keep sounding worse and worse, and now Ford is pushing for people to switch to them! Bad press for MIC tops, bad press for soft tops. They can't win! Sorry to the folks who switched to the soft top, I would rather wait for a MIC fix.
My biggest concern is if the "fix" for the MIC is going to address all the issues we've heard. They mentioned it being cosmetic only but nothing about the noise and popping that has been experience by several owners. I have little faith in any these quick turnaround fixes.

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The guy has one post and joined today!
🤔

RobbyBronco

Base
First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hilarious with people posting MPG when they drive 80 and 90MpH 🤷
It probably doesn't matter much to Americans who pay what, $2.75 a gallon and think thats a lot, but you use FOUR times more fuel every time you double your speed...
Doesn't matter if it's 25/50MPH or 100/200MPH.... 4X as much.
Gas is nearly $5 in California.

And most of us didn’t buy a Bronco for fuel economy. Wrong vehicle for that.
Sponsored