Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

11-01-2021 UPDATE - Trip done.

Sorry I've missed a lot of your questions, traveling cross country is a real bitch and staying away from the internet has been kind of nice. Now that I'm back I can confidently say this thing is an absolute beast and I love it more than I did before I left.

Key Details:

- Total distance driven was just over 5,200 total miles across 11 states in 12 days total.
- MPG ended up being a decent 18.8 mpg (last 2,000 miles roughly interstates/highway).
- Had the chance to off-road in sand, dirt, mud, water, rocks, snow and ice.
- Two oil changes in two weeks (done by myself for both).

Honestly, what an unbelievably fun vehicle. As I got further and further it became clear how sporty/lively this vehicle truly is and by default how it makes you feel when driving. When I saw any opportunity to veer off the pavement onto a dirt road or trail I would instinctively begin to do so and not once did the Bronco have an issue. The actual problem was with the driver, as much as it pains to say, but in time you truly grow confidence and realize how capable this thing really is which in turn improves the drivers capability as well.

I've attached new pictures that I've had the opportunity to review/edit that showcase the vehicle in various environments. Some have asked for my Instagram and if that is your thing I do try to post travel/adventure pics on occasion and would love to meet more of you to help get inspired myself to continue this thing now that the big trip has wrapped (https://www.instagram.com/palley6)

Pics at Moab were from the south and north ends of Fins and Things (first ever trip wheeling at Moab, first trail, what an experience). If anyone around the San Antonio area knows the guy driving the Jeep Gladiator I owe him some thanks for reaching out on trail to offer assistance for spotting on a very quiet and low traffic morning.

Ford Bronco *UPDATED* 3000+ miles - Ongoing Bronco Badlands Cross-Country Roadtrip IMG_20211017_045446_527
Ford Bronco *UPDATED* 3000+ miles - Ongoing Bronco Badlands Cross-Country Roadtrip 20211020_172019
Ford Bronco *UPDATED* 3000+ miles - Ongoing Bronco Badlands Cross-Country Roadtrip 20211020_181618

NCO_2229.jpg

NCO_2501.jpg

NCO_2558.jpg

NCO_2131.jpg

NCO_2144.jpg

NCO_2163.jpg

NCO_2176.jpg

NCO_2199.jpg

NCO_2286.jpg

NCO_2302.jpg

NCO_2316.jpg

NCO_2350.jpg

NCO_2407.jpg

NCO_2432.jpg

NCO_2484.jpg

NCO_2523.jpg

NCO_2535.jpg

NCO_2564.jpg

NCO_2591.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
palley6

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Beautiful shots. Really liking the Iconic Silver. Keep putting that thing to use, enjoy!
Oh I will don't worry, Moab trails tomorrow. Did the White Rim today, got plenty of Jeepers and 4runner guys oogling at how much faster I got through than they did 🙂

thecaptain

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Terrific photos -- hope you continue having a great trip. Love the last photo a lot. Also, where was the photo 4th from the top taken? (I know it was taken in the Moab area, but am wondering if you can provide a few more specifics. That rock formation looks like a castle up there.) Thanks!

OP
OP
palley6

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Terrific photos -- hope you continue having a great trip. Love the last photo a lot. Also, where was the photo 4th from the top taken? (I know it was taken in the Moab area, but am wondering if you can provide a few more specifics. That rock formation looks like a castle up there.) Thanks!
Thanks! That was Swing Arm City outside of Caineville, crazy crazy cool OHV playground

Sponsored

thecaptain

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks! That was Swing Arm City outside of Caineville, crazy crazy cool OHV playground
Ahh, so actually a ways from Moab. Very cool. Utah has some ridiculously good scenery.

Mdh186

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What size Dometic and can you give some detail about how you’re powering. Will it stay on when stopped and overnight? Kill battery or charge with solar in between. Sorry if this is basic, but I’m new to the concept and thinking it may make sense to take the plunge and stop buying bagged ice/dealing with soggy stuff.

Sweet pics and great plan to figure out your rig.

Sponsored
OP
OP
palley6

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What size Dometic and can you give some detail about how you’re powering. Will it stay on when stopped and overnight? Kill battery or charge with solar in between. Sorry if this is basic, but I’m new to the concept and thinking it may make sense to take the plunge and stop buying bagged ice/dealing with soggy stuff.

Sweet pics and great plan to figure out your rig.
Its a gamechanger, highly recommended. I got the CFX3-45 and for just me its overkill. The 35 would've been better but difference in price isn't that much.

I power with the rear 12v when Im driving and overnight I use a cheap battery jumper pack from Harbor Freight. It was $70 and can run the fridge overnight, plus it has a built in compressor.

Go_Galt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Big con - gas mileage. I get it, its a 4x4 yadda yadda yadda. But my god its rough...18.1 mpg despite every effort even on open roads to mitigate at no avail. West coasters with 80mph speed limit highways are going to suffer, seems 72/73 is the peak before the aero kills your mileage.
I just spent 2,600 miles around Utah, AZ, and NM in a 2021 4-door Rubicon with the 2.0 turbo, and I was really impressed with the mileage. I was consistently getting 22-23 on the highway, which coupled with the ~21 gallon fuel tank gives it really good range.

I was hoping 2.3 Broncos would be getting somewhere close to this, but based on what most of you are reporting, that's not the case.

Do I care that much? No. I just like when I can fill up and go a ridiculous distance without needing any infrastructure.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow!! Incredible shots. Welcome to the West!! Safe travels friend.

OP
OP
palley6

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just spent 2,600 miles around Utah, AZ, and NM in a 2021 4-door Rubicon with the 2.0 turbo, and I was really impressed with the mileage. I was consistently getting 22-23 on the highway, which coupled with the ~21 gallon fuel tank gives it really good range.

I was hoping 2.3 Broncos would be getting somewhere close to this, but based on what most of you are reporting, that's not the case.

Do I care that much? No. I just like when I can fill up and go a ridiculous distance without needing any infrastructure.
I bet if you're driving 68-70 without stopping/starting it would do 20mpg. Thats unfeasible but its definitely the sweet spot
Sponsored