Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m thinking of doing something similar here shortly. Can you give an idea of the load out you have for the trip? Love to get an idea of what you’re using

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pretty awesome. I did a trip like that few years back in my Eagle. Ohio to San Diego the long way. Had a lil fun in Moab(not as much as you). I love road trips. I wouldnt worry about the fuel mileage so much. Its still significantly cheaper than bottled water. Plus you are loaded, by yourself commuting you could see 20 in theory. That Eagle run we did I put down 13mpg avg out of the old 258. The cost dont matter when your having fun. Enjoy your Bronco and keep on taking amazing pictures.
Ford Bronco *UPDATED* 3000+ miles - Ongoing Bronco Badlands Cross-Country Roadtrip IMG_4320-photo-full

JMiles74

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I write this from a hotel in Moab to report my ongoing and crazy cross-country roadtrip in my Badlands. I left Florida with 300 miles on the odometer, as of this moment 3,037.

Summary - this thing is awesome. It handles everything perfectly, on road and off. Ive even slept in it, very comfortably. I made it my mission to really test both myself and the bronco in as many conditions as possible and it truly has handled everything flawlessly. Its done mud, sand, rocks, water, snow/ice.

Big con - gas mileage. I get it, its a 4x4 yadda yadda yadda. But my god its rough...18.1 mpg despite every effort even on open roads to mitigate at no avail. West coasters with 80mph speed limit highways are going to suffer, seems 72/73 is the peak before the aero kills your mileage.

Ill do my best to update with new pictures as this is still an ongoing trip. If anyone has questions Id be happy to respond. Thanks all for the help/info throughout this experience.

Ford Bronco *UPDATED* 3000+ miles - Ongoing Bronco Badlands Cross-Country Roadtrip IMG_4320-photo-full
View attachment 191703 View attachment 191704 View attachment 191705
View attachment 191709
Great photos, thanks for sharing. Like others said, I too am jealous and I have so many questions cause I want to do exactly this as well. Also, right now I have a Iconic Silver, BD, SAS on order but in the back of my mind still considering upgrading to the BL. Hope you dont mind but....

Did you go with Lux, High or Mid package? What has been the one "surprise" feature that you really weren't sure about until you used it on your Bronco? Have you used the Swaybar Disco yet? Any other tips/suggestions for Canyonlands? I want to spend 2-3 nights on the WhiteRimTrail with the family once I get my Bronco.

Thanks again for sharing your experience and have fun!!

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I write this from a hotel in Moab to report my ongoing and crazy cross-country roadtrip in my Badlands. I left Florida with 300 miles on the odometer, as of this moment 3,037.

Summary - this thing is awesome. It handles everything perfectly, on road and off. Ive even slept in it, very comfortably. I made it my mission to really test both myself and the bronco in as many conditions as possible and it truly has handled everything flawlessly. Its done mud, sand, rocks, water, snow/ice.

Big con - gas mileage. I get it, its a 4x4 yadda yadda yadda. But my god its rough...18.1 mpg despite every effort even on open roads to mitigate at no avail. West coasters with 80mph speed limit highways are going to suffer, seems 72/73 is the peak before the aero kills your mileage.

Ill do my best to update with new pictures as this is still an ongoing trip. If anyone has questions Id be happy to respond. Thanks all for the help/info throughout this experience.

View attachment 191709
*this*. I’ve been thinking how awesome it would be for a road-trip to the offroadeo after I get mine! Love the pics!

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

great trip! I plan a trip from SF to Seattle going as far left along the coast as I can, no freeways when ever possible, I'll do that next year, visit my son in college up there.

You say you sleep in it, did you install a platform of sorts to level out the back when the seats are folded down? I'll build something from plywood unless aftermarket has something nice (and reasonably priced) by then.

An other trip I plan is Bay Area to Moab, again avoiding all freeways as much as possible and staying on dirt where I can.

Looking forward to see more of your journey, epic trip!

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

View attachment 191709
What @Tellsnow said and much more. Going on my own excursion in November. Tennessee to 'Vegas for the OffRoadeo and my brother's wedding before T-day. Then, off to see my Cali cousins on the left coast for T-day and then, the Pacific Ocean. Likely to up the coast to Redding OR to catch up with the recently hitched brotherman and then head back east; possibly to a buddies spot near Pittsburgh. Got laid off a week or two ago, but sold my house for some bubble money and now a free agent.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

great trip! I plan a trip from SF to Seattle going as far left along the coast as I can, no freeways when ever possible, I'll do that next year, visit my son in college up there.

You say you sleep in it, did you install a platform of sorts to level out the back when the seats are folded down? I'll build something from plywood unless aftermarket has something nice (and reasonably priced) by then.

An other trip I plan is Bay Area to Moab, again avoiding all freeways as much as possible and staying on dirt where I can.

Looking forward to see more of your journey, epic trip!
Doing similar and contemplating a 42ish" by 48ish" 1/2" plywood platform on PVC pipe legs for storage below and above. Might even be able to sleep on it as I am the dwarven-king with a height of 5'6". Used to be taller. Do not dive from boats on sandbars. I have spoken.

Last edited:

Shark1247

Badlands
First Name
Kelly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

View attachment 191709
Welcome to west coast. Great trip. Thanks for sharing. Make sure to stop in at Off Rodeo in Moab. Had a great day there driving them. Still waiting for mine.

Sponsored

brucehawk14

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek/ 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Beautiful pics, something I am looking forward to doing after I get mine. You mentioned fuel mileage and I was wondering how many miles on a tank were you averaging?

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, my 95 5.8 gets around 12-13mph with far less horses.... but the 32 gallon tank is awesome. New it really did not get much better.
Wifey's XC90 with a 2.0 supercharged turbo 4 cylinder is average 19.4 according to the computer..... took lots of eco driving and road trips to get it from 19.0 to 19.4....... If I can average 18 ish out of a lifted bronco I am fine with that. At least the 4dr has a 20+gallon tank.

OP
OP
palley6

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m thinking of doing something similar here shortly. Can you give an idea of the load out you have for the trip? Love to get an idea of what you’re using
You definitely should, I had a freaking blast.

- Pretty cheap self-inflating sleep pad and sleeping bag
- some weatherproof storage bins for supplies/cooking things/miscellaneous things
- a $70 jump box + compressor from harbor freight (this came in clutch as it was enough to keep my fridge powered overnight with zero issues) -- Cen-Tech Jump Box (HF Link)
- 67 Designs phone mount for BYOD thread (highly recommended, rock solid mount)
- Primal jet stove for cooking/boiling (cheaper than Jetboil, rock solid with MOLLE straps on storage case) -- Primal Ridge Sabre Cooking Stove (Amazon)
- 12v Dometic fridge (I got the 45L and it was overkill for me, but super solid and efficient nonetheless if its within your price range)

I also picked up some things along the way for the long haul like a tire patch kit, collapsible shovel, first aid kit, etc. but there is little difference between the varieties. Hope that helps!

OP
OP
palley6

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have an Instagram where you share more photos?
I just updated the initial post with my Instagram. I tend to take a lot of pictures of outdoor things so if its your thing come on by
Sponsored