Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi’s
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I plan on doing the same and adding 33” tires. But will add leather and the 2.7 for sure to the OB. Most likely will get the color matched roof too.
Sponsored

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have reserved a 4 door OBX, I plan on going 33’s as well. I’d really like 35’s, but my wife who is 5’4” has shot that down (it is gonna be her daily).

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’22 Badlands, ‘23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check the reviews. When I put these on my Jeep what everyone said at the time was right... they were just barely 33s... I think they even measured very high 32” once I got them installed. I was very disappointed and they didn’t even stay on the Jeep for more than a month before I changed them out and took the loss.

I’m running 285/75/17s now. They aren’t Pizza Cutters, but they’re a legit 34” tire. That’s what I plan on sticking with.
Thanks for the heads up and sharing your experience. The benefit of having time on our side, learning from others who have already walked this road.

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

33s were my plan for my Outer Banks as well, but I have since given serious thought to adding a one inch lift and using BFG KO2 34x10.5/17 tires. One inch taller and a narrower tire that is visually closer to Sasquatch without the full package. Narrower tires would offer lower rolling resistance. Still have time to make these decisions.
+1 I was originally going after OBX with plans to put on 33" BFG KO2s but I want the washout interior and manual so i'm planning for BD with a couple options. Don't need al the mid package stuff either. Just give me heated seats. A lot of the money saved switching from OB to BD will be spent on aftermarket purchases.

SEkevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have a res for an OBX. Would immediately swap out the 32” rubber for a set of Toyo A/T III’s 275/70R18. Will the 1 inch increase in height and 3/4 increase in width present problems without a lift?? Also, any comments on the Toyos appreciated. Have some Toyos on my Explorer and love them.

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If I go With the Outer Banks ill swap to 275/70R18's at delivery. Haven't decided on what tire though. I just put a set of Toyo ATIII's on my f150 this spring and I'm very happy with them so far. (I'll run dedicated snow tires half the year).

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, the 315s are with the sasquatch package. I'm talking about having the option of getting 17s with 33s like on the Badlands.
The Badlands has the same suspension as the Sasquatch just with more wheel travel.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Badlands has the same suspension as the Sasquatch just with more wheel travel.
I thought I read somewhere that the Sasquatch has slightly taller and stiffer springs that allow it to fit the 35s versus the Badlands?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought I read somewhere that the Sasquatch has slightly taller and stiffer springs that allow it to fit the 35s versus the Badlands?
This is one of the subjects with contradictory or inconsistent info that hasn’t actually been settled yet.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is one of the subjects with contradictory or inconsistent info that hasn’t actually been settled yet.
I'm guessing it will be clarified eventually. Maybe we'll get some more inside once the Build and Price is released?

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm guessing it will be clarified eventually. Maybe we'll get some more inside once the Build and Price is released?
Hope so.
I think the problem so far has been, someone obviously knows, but by the time the info gets down to the reps answering questions at events, it gets muddled, either because they don’t know the subject matter and don’t realize they’re misrepresenting, or they are intentionally being vague in an attempt to *not* sow confusion.

The B&P may help with the suspension questions, but I think what’s more likely is someone at Ford who knows suspension stuff will eventually come out and say “okay, here’s the clear details.”

Big AZ

Badlands
First Name
adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy 150o silverado z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I originally was going to get a OB with the intensions of going to 33" right away. If I still decide to stay with it. But I don't see why you couldn't size up since the spension is the same as other trims that have 33" without needing a lift.
I will be selling my KO2’s off my Badlands

YFD_322

Outer Banks
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Check the reviews. When I put these on my Jeep what everyone said at the time was right... they were just barely 33s... I think they even measured very high 32” once I got them installed. I was very disappointed and they didn’t even stay on the Jeep for more than a month before I changed them out and took the loss.

I’m running 285/75/17s now. They aren’t Pizza Cutters, but they’re a legit 34” tire. That’s what I plan on sticking with.
Does anyone think I can run a similar size 285’s width and height in an 18 on my 21 OB with stick trim?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone think I can run a similar size 285’s width and height in an 18 on my 21 OB with stick trim?
A 285/75r17 is considered a 34” tire.

A close equivalent for the stock OB wheels would be 285/70r18

Based on this thread here:https://www.bronco6g.com/detailed-calculations-show-aftermarket-tire-size-fitments-on-bronco-trims/

It seems that the biggest concern with larger tires on OB is the width. Sticking with a 285 should keep you generally safe.

Consensus is that a 33” will fit without issue. With a 34” tire you’ll have just that little bit more extra. I would think you’d still be okay, though you might start to get rub at full steering lock or compression. We won’t know that for sure until we start experimenting.

For reference, in this recent video he mentions 33” tires on this OB (but never says that it also has a lift):

Your 285/70r18 would be a full 1” larger in diameter...

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Yeah, I think the takeaway here is:

It will probably be okay. And if it’s not, you’re going to run into problems when making tight turns... but we can’t say for sure until someone tries it and reports back.
Sponsored