First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My f150 with factory 22s hasn't had a problem all over AK for the last 10 years over all kinds of terrain. Fun fact on E rated toyo at3s.

Ford Bronco 33/12.5/20 tires fit on Black Diamond Bronco no problem 20210708_115607
Sponsored

Administrator

Heritage
Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

This is a general reminder to the entire community which should be heeded as owners take delivery and we start seeing personalization / modding of personal Broncos.

Treat other members as if you were talking to them in their own home about their Bronco and choices/opinions. We have a zero tolerance policy for disrespectful / insulting behavior. You don't have to like other member's choices or tastes, but respectful behavior is expected. So if you have nothing nice or constructive to say to another B6G member, then simply move along quietly. Otherwise, you may be subject to infraction, as some rude folks in here have experienced.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks great but those crash bars are there for a reason god for bid if you get in a. Accident . Has the crash rating even been released for bronco yet
So why does Ford remove them in all of the sasquatch package Broncos? Do you think that Ford is opening themselves up for excessive liability? It's not like removing the crash bars is going to result in a Pinto-like fuel tank explosion.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fantastic, Toyo AT3s are at the top of my list as well. Thanks for the response and look forward to seeing your opinion on them!
The Toyo is probably one of the lightest E load rated tires, despite that option, I still went with a set of 33.5"x12.5" M/T tires for my off-roading tires and the stock tires for the road until they wear out...

Then maybe I will put some Nitto NT01's on the Bronco and take it to the street races... LOL (Just kidding). Although, imagine the acceleration using a 26" tire!

Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So why does Ford remove them in all of the sasquatch package Broncos? Do you think that Ford is opening themselves up for excessive liability? It's not like removing the crash bars is going to result in a Pinto-like fuel tank explosion.
Quoting myself here.

Crash bars are really for the small overlap test. You can see many examples here. On many you see the tire get pushed back in and towards the driver or passenger compartment which is less than ideal.

The sasquatch package removes the crash bars in front and behind the front wheel. One theory is that they had to be removed for the wheels to be able to fully turn. So the question then becomes how does that effect safety? Well manufacturers really do not want to have 10 different safety ratings based on engine/transmission/sasquatch/technology package / etc.

SO, my guess is because the lower offset wheel pushes the wheel further outboard of the body it's at less risk / or not a risk of intrusion into the passenger cabin compared to a wheel that sits in-ine with the passenger or driver.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know what the door placard calls for for psi on the sasquatch Broncos? Those have the E tires.
The Sas tires are C rated.

(there are a few 315s out there that come in C and D or E)

To answer your question, I believe the FE calls for around 40psi.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No problems with clearance on that upper control arm being a 12.5” wide tire? That is been my biggest concern when looking at tires on my BD. I’m hoping to keep my steelies on when I go up a couple sizes, but with a -55 offset, I’ll definitely have to run wheel spacers. I was looking at the Pro Comp steelies wagon wheels as an alternative so I could run a wider tire, has a +12 offset. Biggest thing I’m looking for is feedback on that control arm clearance. Looks great man! My last jk had 20’s from an srt8 grand Cherokee. Wouldn’t have been my choice, but they actually fit the rig decently and never had an issue. It’s crazy how far they’ve come with tire sizes and tech.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I plan on getting E rated tires for my second set for hard core off roading. C rated is great for somewhat dual purpose, but they are "softer" and will tear up a whole lot quicker.

Sponsored

1DWN5UP

Black Diamond
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CyberSaucer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wonder if it was possible to keep the crash bars. Badlands is on 33”s WITH crash bars, although it does ride 0.67” higher if I remember correctly

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wonder if it was possible to keep the crash bars. Badlands is on 33”s WITH crash bars, although it does ride 0.67” higher if I remember correctly
I suspect that you might be able to get a 1/3" to 1/2" of lift pretty easy just from spacing the bottom of the shock appropriately with the right hardware. It might be the difference between keeping and removing the crash bars.

Waiting for 4th Bronco

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Mercedes C350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, most E rated tires on the Bronco are going to be in the 35-38psi range.
Running them at 80psi is just crazy.

Do people just look at the max psi rating on their tires and put that much in?
On my F250 I have to run within 10 psi of max to avoid the front end death shake. On my wife's LR4 I have to run within 10 psi of max because the damn thing weighs as much as the F250.

Tazn69Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250, 1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice look OP!

I was reading a writeup talking about how poor the wear the sasquatch tires are likely to have. I have had good luck with the TOYO Open Country ATs on my F-250 and airing them down when not loaded. When I tried looking them up to find specs all the sites would turn me to the mud tire which I don't want.
Sponsored