Sponsored

33.5 VS 35s (looking for pictures to help make my decision)

breezyxm

Outer Banks
First Name
bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone with a 4 dr that has either a 33.5" no lift or 35s with no lift?

Looking for pictures to see what each looks like - trying to decide between 33.5" vs 35s for my outer banks.

Also any recommendations for tire brands ,this is my everyday car with no extreme off roading just fun back dirt roads.

Thanks guys!
Sponsored

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't have any photos on hand, but this thread HERE is a good resource.

Regarding brands, there is a large selection of manufacturers that offer awesome tires. The key will be finding a tire model that suits your driving conditions and needs. Sounds like an All-Terrain tire will work well for you. The BFG KO2, Toyo Open Country AT3 and Falken WildPeak A/T3W are just a few solid options you may want to look into.

Don't hesitate to send us a PM if we can be of any assistance.

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you're switching wheels and tires and not going with a lift, I recommend 285/75/r17. Comes out to 33.8 x 11.2

When I had Black Diamond, I ran them on the stock steelies. This size would not work if you keep outer banks wheels as they are 18"

Ford Bronco 33.5 VS 35s (looking for pictures to help make my decision) IMG_3275 (1)
Ford Bronco 33.5 VS 35s (looking for pictures to help make my decision) IMG_3405 (1)

Jvmulligan

Outer Banks
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Outer Banks and 2002 Jeep TJ Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Reading your post as I am sitting in a coffee shop waiting for 35's to be installed on my Outer Banks 4 dr. I did my research and concluded that 35's would work with no lift but you have to remove the crash bars, which is easy. I still think you run some (albeit minor) risk of rubbing. I have no clue if safety is impacted. But, aesthetic vs safety, I hate to say I may choose aesthetic. In the end, I am having a 2" spacer lift put on to go with my 35's. I think the taller look will be great. I have to warn though, these can get sneaky tall on you. I am well over 6' so tall is great for me.

As for 35's, I think the way to go is find another new Bronco owner in your area that is taking off stock Sasquatch wheels and tires and buy those. That is what I did. BIG savings and you can be 100% sure about fit and look. Here is the downside, those things are big and heavy. It took me two trips in my OBX to pick them up.

The move might be snag some SAS take offs, get them installed and see if you like it. You can always do a spacer lift later.

FYI - I paid $1,800 for the almost new SAS wheels/tires with lugs. No TPMS. I am having my installer take my existing TPMS' off and putting them on my SAS wheels. My spacer lift is $750. Hoping to get $500 for my take off wheels tires. So, not outrageous.

Enjoy!

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you're switching wheels and tires and not going with a lift, I recommend 285/75/r17. Comes out to 33.8 x 11.2

When I had Black Diamond, I ran them on the stock steelies. This size would not work if you keep outer banks wheels as they are 18"

IMG_3275 (1).jpg
IMG_3405 (1).jpg
For your 18" wheels, you can run 285/70-18 and they are virtually identical in size to the above. They work great and look great...

Ford Bronco 33.5 VS 35s (looking for pictures to help make my decision) 56A3E969-912F-4CD2-AD88-6B98D3454B6D

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
breezyxm

breezyxm

Outer Banks
First Name
bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Reading your post as I am sitting in a coffee shop waiting for 35's to be installed on my Outer Banks 4 dr. I did my research and concluded that 35's would work with no lift but you have to remove the crash bars, which is easy. I still think you run some (albeit minor) risk of rubbing. I have no clue if safety is impacted. But, aesthetic vs safety, I hate to say I may choose aesthetic. In the end, I am having a 2" spacer lift put on to go with my 35's. I think the taller look will be great. I have to warn though, these can get sneaky tall on you. I am well over 6' so tall is great for me.

As for 35's, I think the way to go is find another new Bronco owner in your area that is taking off stock Sasquatch wheels and tires and buy those. That is what I did. BIG savings and you can be 100% sure about fit and look. Here is the downside, those things are big and heavy. It took me two trips in my OBX to pick them up.

The move might be snag some SAS take offs, get them installed and see if you like it. You can always do a spacer lift later.

FYI - I paid $1,800 for the almost new SAS wheels/tires with lugs. No TPMS. I am having my installer take my existing TPMS' off and putting them on my SAS wheels. My spacer lift is $750. Hoping to get $500 for my take off wheels tires. So, not outrageous.

Enjoy!
Thank you! I also have a OB. We talked about doing a spacer, but I do want to take it off roading on some dirt roads here and there nothing to extreme and from what I understand the spacers wouldn't be good for that. I did see how easy it was to take the crash bars off and put them back on if i hate it so that is definitely a plus. my husband found a pair of sas tires and rims for $1,800 i think in ohio it would def be a 2 tripper.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you search the Member Marketplace here you can probably find a set of 33" or 35" wheels and coilovers take-offs from a Badlands or Squatch. Much better than going with a cheap spacer lift and should be about the same in labor costs. Here is an old pic of my BL on the optional wheels and 33's.

Ford Bronco 33.5 VS 35s (looking for pictures to help make my decision) 1668446918645

OP
OP
breezyxm

breezyxm

Outer Banks
First Name
bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you search the Member Marketplace here you can probably find a set of 33" or 35" wheels and coilovers take-offs from a Badlands or Squatch. Much better than going with a cheap spacer lift and should be about the same in labor costs. Here is an old pic of my BL on the optional wheels and 33's.

Ford Bronco 33.5 VS 35s (looking for pictures to help make my decision) 1668446918645
Did you go up to 35s or happy with the 33s?

Jvmulligan

Outer Banks
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you! I also have a OB. We talked about doing a spacer, but I do want to take it off roading on some dirt roads here and there nothing to extreme and from what I understand the spacers wouldn't be good for that. I did see how easy it was to take the crash bars off and put them back on if i hate it so that is definitely a plus. my husband found a pair of sas tires and rims for $1,800 i think in ohio it would def be a 2 tripper.
You can still off road with a spacer lift. It will stiffen the ride a bit. But unless you want to get really technical it will be fine. IMHO the 4 doors aren't the best for pushing it too hard on the trail. Personally, I wouldn't sweat the crash bars. Considering they don't even put them on the SAS models they can't be that important. Good luck! Are these Bronco's fun or what!?!? I am having a blast with mods here and there

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you go up to 35s or happy with the 33s?
37's:
Ford Bronco 33.5 VS 35s (looking for pictures to help make my decision) 1668449303413

My wife has the same optional 33's on her Bronco and likes them. She has taken it off-road a few times as well. She is happy with them as she doesn't need a step to get in and out. Hers:

Ford Bronco 33.5 VS 35s (looking for pictures to help make my decision) 1668449619595

Sponsored

Jvmulligan

Outer Banks
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Btw, on YouTube a dealer with the channel "Town and Country" has a pretty good video of them mounting 35s and 37s on a Bronco without lifting. Pretty good visuals on what you are dealing with. Spoiler alert - 37s are HUGE! Jack

OP
OP
breezyxm

breezyxm

Outer Banks
First Name
bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Btw, on YouTube a dealer with the channel "Town and Country" has a pretty good video of them mounting 35s and 37s on a Bronco without lifting. Pretty good visuals on what you are dealing with. Spoiler alert - 37s are HUGE! Jack
no joke i watched that this morning HAHA

OP
OP
breezyxm

breezyxm

Outer Banks
First Name
bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
37's:
Ford Bronco 33.5 VS 35s (looking for pictures to help make my decision) 1668449619595

My wife has the same optional 33's on her Bronco and likes them. She has taken it off-road a few times as well. She is happy with them as she doesn't need a step to get in and out. Hers:

Which tires are those? If u don't me asking? Also that one amazing looking bronco she's got

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which tires are those? If u don't me asking? Also that one amazing looking bronco she's got
Hers: Badlands optional 17" wheels and 33" BF Goodrich AT KO2 tires
Mine: 17" Warn Jackhammers with 37" Cooper Discoverer SST Pro tires
Sponsored