Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

These look nice! I see they have a D load rating. Has to be better than an E, right? They are not snow rated so does anyone have any firsthand knowledge of performance on snow packed roads?
I had very good luck with my duratracs on my tj in the snow. Keep them rotated and they actually hold up a while (for what they cost, they better). 5 tire rotation every 7500 should easily get you 50-60k. My brother got almost 80 out of a set on his z71 (they were pretty wiped out by that point, but that’s ridiculous mileage out of a small tire).

SEkevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had very good luck with my duratracs on my tj in the snow. Keep them rotated and they actually hold up a while (for what they cost, they better). 5 tire rotation every 7500 should easily get you 50-60k. My brother got almost 80 out of a set on his z71 (they were pretty wiped out by that point, but that’s ridiculous mileage out of a small tire).
How would you rate them on paved roads? More specific, how was the road noise? Do I need to upgrade sound system!!

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You did not get it. The Badlands comes with a C load range BFG K02 285/70/17 tire. That’s a great tire. BFG does not make that tire in the size you are looking for (275/70/18) with a C load range and there is little to no tire available in C load range from other manufacturers in that size.
The link you pointed at is the E load range version of that tire: super stiff made for heavy duty truck. Not good on road for a Bronco.

I am just trying to help here. If you keep the 18 sized Outterbank wheel, there is simply no tire in 275/70/18 that is acceptable and C rated. Your only solution to run 33s like the C rated Badlands tires is to get it in 285/70/17 and therefore change your wheels to 17, or get a Black diamond / Big bend instead.

Again, just trying to help. If you don’t believe me type « C or E load tires wrangler forum » on Google as well as « C or E load tires 4Runner forum » on google and you can spend hours reading from actual people who rode those two types of tires. I did it for you and the conclusion is: don’t get E for on road use. E is good for HD truck loaded OR extreme off roading.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You did not get it. The Badlands comes with a C load range BFG K02 285/70/17 tire. That’s a great tire. BFG does not make that tire in the size you are looking for (275/70/18) with a C load range and there is little to no tire available in C load range from other manufacturers in that size.
The link you pointed at is the E load range version of that tire: super stiff made for heavy duty truck. Not good on road for a Bronco.

I am just trying to help here. If you keep the 18 sized Outterbank wheel, there is simply no tire in 275/70/18 that is acceptable and C rated. Your only solution to run 33s like the C rated Badlands tires is to get it in 285/70/17 and therefore change your wheels to 17, or get a Black diamond / Big bend instead.

Again, just trying to help. If you don’t believe me type « C or E load tires wrangler forum » on Google as well as « C or E load tires 4Runner forum » on google and you can spend hours reading from actual people who rode those two types of tires. I did it for you and the conclusion is: don’t get E for on road use. E is good for HD truck loaded OR extreme off roading.
Thank you. We are on the same page now. I realized a couple hours ago that the badlands ko2 tire comes in both C and E range for that size and the one for the bronco is C range. The ko2 in the size I’m looking for is only offered in e range. And every tire in that size except the one I posted (d load) is e load. That’s a big deal. In a bad way, for my situation.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So it looks like BB and BD will be able to do the 33" tire due to having the 17" rim but OBX is stuck with 32" unless crash bars are removed becuase it has an 18" rim. That is dissapointing because it kinda sacks OBX for me. Getting OBX with Sasquatch is awesome but definitely not bang for the buck. And I don't want to buy rims and tires both right out the gate.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So it looks like BB and BD will be able to do the 33" tire due to having the 17" rim but OBX is stuck with 32" unless crash bars are removed becuase it has an 18" rim. That is dissapointing because it kinda sacks OBX for me. Getting OBX with Sasquatch is awesome but definitely not bang for the buck. And I don't want to buy rims and tires both right out the gate.
No OBX should fit as well. Problem is limitations on tire selection

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How would you rate them on paved roads? More specific, how was the road noise? Do I need to upgrade sound system!!
Not as loud as a full mud terrain, comparable to some foot a/t’s, think BFG. Never hurts to crank some tunes though.
Ford Bronco 12/13 UPDATE - Updated control arms not just for Sasquatch 33s fitting OBX - 33.2x11.2 (275/70r18) close to max size after Ranger testing 1606875025789

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No OBX should fit as well. Problem is limitations on tire selection
Well, thats kinda the same difference. It isn't easily doable.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Revo 3 is probably your only option on OBX un this size and not E load guys. I didn’t mention this tire because it’s not agressive like the badland one. It’s equivalent to the stock Big bend one in term of look (not agressive). But if you don’t care about that, then it’s a great option.

if you need to go OBX no matter what my advice is to change the wheels for a size 17 then problem solved you can use 285/70/17 tires and there is a great choice of models in C load for that size.
My recommendation would be Wildpeak AT3W, Toyo AT III or BFG KO2s. Those 3 tires have good reputation, a good look and will keep a decent noise level and confort on road.

Personally that’s a reason why I ruled out OBX, and I didn’t like the interior much anyway. I am most likely gonna go BB and put some 285/70/17 Toyo AT III.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Revo 3 is probably your only option on OBX un this size and not E load guys. I didn’t mention this tire because it’s not agressive like the badland one. It’s equivalent to the stock Big bend one in term of look (not agressive). But if you don’t care about that, then it’s a great option.

if you need to go OBX no matter what my advice is to change the wheels for a size 17 then problem solved you can use 285/70/17 tires and there is a great choice of models in C load for that size.
My recommendation would be Wildpeak AT3W, Toyo AT III or BFG KO2s. Those 3 tires have good reputation, a good look and will keep a decent noise level and confort on road.

Personally that’s a reason why I ruled out OBX, and I didn’t like the interior much anyway. I am most likely gonna go BB and put some 285/70/17 Toyo AT III.
im not seeing the revo 3 in a 275/70/r18. Only a 275/65/r18 which is back to stock height at 32.1”...and requires an 8” wheel (stockies are 7.5). Unless I’m missing something...
Sponsored