jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wheel search - If you put ranger into tire rack to grab the bolt pattern. Search 17x8, 25+ offset. Options are limited. Keep in mind a 8 wide wheel with 25 offset, the face of the wheel will be 1.3-1.4 inches further out than stock 7.5 wide wheel with a 55 offset. And even then the choices are pretty crap. Is there a better website than tirerack to cast a wider net?

https://m.tirerack.com/wheels/resul...anger+4X4&autoYear=2020&autoModClar=Supercrew
Sponsored

Last edited:

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am confounded by an offset this high. 90% of the aftermarket wheels are zero offset. :(

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So the only option I am seeing is a D load, there are no Cs
Wrangler Duratrac 275/70/r18 - There are two (D and E).
There's also a 275/70/r18 General Grabber APT, but its more of an all season / all terrain P rated tire that comes on many stock vehicles, and is not very aggressive looking at all.

...going back to the Duratrac, as thats the only non-E option...its 8 ply (C rated is 6 ply, E is 10, FYI). 54 lbs. Looking to the ko2 17s (285/70/r17) the c rated version on the badlands is 50.3 lbs, and for reference, the e rated version is 57.9. Also for reference the Duratrac 18" E version is 57.

So the Duratrac D 18" is 3.7 lbs more than going the 17 inch route on Ko2 (C load). While you obviously dont need to run at full PSI, the hope would be that the ride quality is not that much worse given its 8 ply, but you also have 14.8 lbs of additional unsprung weight which i would imagine would be a couple MPG hit, if i had to guess. And while it weights a little bit more it's somewhat justified given the tire is a 33.2" vs the 17" ko2 which is 32.6". It’s a third of the way from a badlands to a Sasquatch (not accounting for the width obviously, since it’s actuallly slightly narrower than the BL tire). Just something to think about.

Last edited:

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the wheel you can buy the big bend or black Diamond wheel from Ford. Also don’t worry too much about the width most tires will accept a 2in range for example 7.5 to 9.5. In your case you could use 7.5 and be fine, or 8.5 would do as well.

For the Revo 3 you are right, I was mislead by someone’s post. The one I was talking about it the APT. It’s also a non agressive AT tire. It’s not in C load but S load (standard) which is even better for pure road use. Your factory OBX tires are most likely S rated.
So that would be your non agressive option. For an agressive one, I would say get 17 wheels from Ford or find one that match. If you go on Toyo website look for the AT III I know for a given size of wheel they will give you the acceptable wheel width.

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires....GRAPTOWL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@broncosor

Thanks. What are your thoughts on the Duratracs on the 18s? I recognize it probably makes sense to buy a 17" wheel from Ford, or better yet, take-off wheel on the forum. But given I have a Day 1 reservation, I am not sure if there are many months of waiting before Ford starts selling one-off wheels given the production run-up. So I would like to still explore the Duratrac 18s...

Sponsored

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I commented on someone else’s post earlier about the dirtytracs, they’re average for road noise, wear great if you keep them rotated (5 tire rotation should get you 60,000 easily) and they ride ok. Not perfect, but if you want the smoothest ride, stuck to an all season tire. The D range might ride a little rough, but it should be tolerable.

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Toyo 4Runner TRD, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For my badlands, until a Ford spec lift is available and I can safely go with 37's, I will go with a 16" wheel and 255/85/r16 tire (although the available options are very limited).

Chad Hughes

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stahlfirepit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
33's! I want to put 37in BFG KM3s on my Sasquatched Badlands Bronco! Nothing wrong with a little rubbin, am I alone here?

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So i've thought a bit more about the Wrangler Duratrac D Load 275/70/R18...while its not ideally C, if my alternative is to go OBX Sas, aren't those tires E? Not sure how much I am really sacrificing here. The workaround to drop to 17 wheels with funky offset PLUS tires, I might as well get a Badlands and pay to have the exterior parts painted, swap the grille, etc. Which I would do for the sake of AMB. So I think I'll go the OBX route. Maybe an opportunity presents itself that i could get badlands wheel/tire take-offs on the forum to swap out. Either way, those are enough options for me to comfortably finalize my order for a non-sas OBX.

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
no one will give you a dollar for a used tire Yes it’s technically used. Unless it’s a whackadoo tire shop or a dealer running loose
Tell that to the Jeep community tires get pulled off JK/JT/JL's like crazy day one or a few weeks later and people buy them up on the cheap.

Sponsored

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So i've thought a bit more about the Wrangler Duratrac D Load 275/70/R18...while its not ideally C, if my alternative is to go OBX Sas, aren't those tires E? Not sure how much I am really sacrificing here. The workaround to drop to 17 wheels with funky offset PLUS tires, I might as well get a Badlands and pay to have the exterior parts painted, swap the grille, etc. Which I would do for the sake of AMB. So I think I'll go the OBX route. Maybe an opportunity presents itself that i could get badlands wheel/tire take-offs on the forum to swap out. Either way, those are enough options for me to comfortably finalize my order for a non-sas OBX.
the Sasquatch tires are a specifically developed tire For the Bronco and I am not 100% sure but believe they have C load range.
Duratracs are noiser than options I mentioned and D rated so will be rougher

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here are the duratracs 33.2 x 11 next to the dueller 32s (similar to OBX).

IMG_11961.jpg

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Snippets from forum

*I aired my down to about 33psi and I feel like they ride just was well as the stock duelers. I love them.

*I probably lost about 1.5mi/gal.

*I like the looks of these from what I've seen so far and I like the numbers on the Goodyear site. Dry traction 8 - Wet traction 8 - Snow 10 - Off Road 9 - Quite 6. I'd be willing to go to a slightly louder tire with those snow and off road ratings.

* Just barely noticible if the radio is off and windows closed. If there is any type of wind noise, including the heater fan, you can't here a thing!
Sponsored