First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi there! I really want to add 33 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W All-Terrain Tires to my base but wanted to ask if y'all think my stock wheels are fine to keep? I spoke to someone at Extreme Terrain and they said I will need wheel spaces to use my stock wheels but then people in the bronco FB group are saying no that I should be able to use my wheels without any additional mods. All v confusing.

I am just getting into wheels & tires so a newbie and would love some advice!
Sponsored

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would say just buy the tires and test fit. 285/75/16. Rims should be good. Might have to remove the crash bars. Worst comes to happen you need new rims with more negative offset

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
Rockyperez

Rockyperez

Base
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Base

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The spacer part makes no sense.
It's the width of the Base wheel that MIGHT be a concern for a 285 width tire. (Sound familiar? šŸ˜‰)

I believe it has been done though .... 285/75-16 on a Base steelie.

I believe it was posted in that FB thread.

Dig around this site , tiresize.com , they have a "learning" section and A LOT of great info.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rockyperez

Rockyperez

Base
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Base
The spacer part makes no sense.
It's the width of the Base wheel that MIGHT be a concern for a 285 width tire. (Sound familiar? šŸ˜‰)

I believe it has been done though .... 285/75-16 on a Base steelie.

I believe it was posted in that FB thread.

Dig around this site , tiresize.com , they have a "learning" section and A LOT of great info.
Thank you so so much for this! Confused on why the guys at Extreme Terrain are telling me I need a spacer then but will totally look at the site you recommended. Thank you :)

kput

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Bronco 4door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My research has led me to believe that a 31"ish is the max tire you can run "safely" on the stock base wheels since they aren't very wide (16x7). Moving up to a 8" wide tire would make it possible to do the 33's. This is what I'm trying to do currently.

Apparently you could potentially mount the wider tires on the skinny base wheel, but are much more likely to blow it off the bead.

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm eyeballing the Grabber AT/X in LT265/75R16 for my base, that'll get my up to 31-32 I think. Looks to be compatible with the 7" wheel width, at least. I briefly tried looking up the base wheel offset info to gauge whether I'd have a rubbing issue - I see above you mention it matches the BB @AzScorpion. Where did you find that info?? (Sorry if it's obvious with a search and I missed it šŸ˜¬, I looked here). Thanks šŸ»

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm eyeballing the Grabber AT/X in LT265/75R16 for my base, that'll get my up to 31-32 I think. Looks to be compatible with the 7" wheel width, at least. I briefly tried looking up the base wheel offset info to gauge whether I'd have a rubbing issue - I see above you mention it matches the BB @AzScorpion. Where did you find that info?? (Sorry if it's obvious with a search and I missed it šŸ˜¬, I looked here). Thanks šŸ»
It's not obvious and I guess my memory wasn't as good as I thought. šŸ™ I think that was the same chart I saw too and thought the lower trims were all the same wheel size up to the BL. Maybe my gf is right, she keeps telling me I have CRS...Can't Remember S#!t.šŸ™ƒ

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's not obvious and I guess my memory wasn't as good as I thought. šŸ™ I think that was the same chart I saw too and thought the lower trims were all the same wheel size up to the BL. Maybe my gf is right, she keeps telling me I have CRS...Can't Remember S#!t.šŸ™ƒ
Haha, I know the feeling šŸ˜‚ for whatever it's worth, I spent a little more time googling after posting my question. I found some extremely similar looking 16x7 wheels for the ranger which have a 55 offset. Pretty sure they're the same šŸ‘

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Using the factory 55mm offset, 285 is about the max you can safely go without rubbing the upper control arm.
That is why Ford moved to a 30mm offset for the wider 315 Squatch tire.

Bscholl8

Base
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Rockyperez

I put on some 33s on my Base Bronco and added a leveling kit. No rubbing

If this is something you stil plan on doing here is a pic of what the results were.
C28FA316-FC93-4549-B978-367FDC61995C.jpeg
6FB57555-FA5C-4EE9-B6FE-647F7F35A477.jpeg

Bronco Boater

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f 150 2.7 Echo boost
Your Bronco Model
Base
That looks great with the white bronco. I am getting a base 2 door and I just picked up a set of 5 sas used wheels and tires with tpms in them. Do you think I will just be able to install and go without issue? I am thinking that will be removing crash bars What about thoughts on 1 inch level or wheel spacers ? Will I have to do that

DrunkingtonBear

Base
First Name
Ryon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That looks great with the white bronco. I am getting a base 2 door and I just picked up a set of 5 sas used wheels and tires with tpms in them. Do you think I will just be able to install and go without issue? I am thinking that will be removing crash bars What about thoughts on 1 inch level or wheel spacers ? Will I have to do that
Iā€™m no expert but I believe there is totally different suspension and arm setup for the Sasquatch package. If youā€™re jumping up to the Sasquatch wheels and tires on the base stock options I think youā€™ll have a myriad of issues to address with the suspension and arms. Thatā€™s all before thinking about the gearing and ratios to turn tires/wheels of that size and weight. Best wishes and butterfly kisses with that swap!

Bscholl8

Base
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Iā€™m no expert but I believe there is totally different suspension and arm setup for the Sasquatch package. If youā€™re jumping up to the Sasquatch wheels and tires on the base stock options I think youā€™ll have a myriad of issues to address with the suspension and arms. Thatā€™s all before thinking about the gearing and ratios to turn tires/wheels of that size and weight. Best wishes and butterfly kisses with that swap!
@Bronco Boater
I am no expert as well but what @DrunkingtonBear said. This is what I think:

1. You will have WAY heavier tires/wheels than what the gearing and rear diff can handle. This could mess with transmission or drive shaft bad. (SAS comes with 4.7 rear locking diff)
2. The SAS wheels/tires are way wider as well. So there will need to be an 'offset' to make sure this fits and you will more than likely still rub maybe even with the crash plate removed.
3. Yes you will need to add a lift of some sort.
4. Find a real expert to help you on this. haha

I will need to upgrade my brakes sooner than expected with the stock wheels and 33s because I can tell these are heavier. I will definitely get some bigger ones! Best of luck to you. But get some advice from a real expert, it will be hard to find one since these are so new.
Sponsored