Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hello guys.

I'm pretty much set on a 2d outer banks, no options. (I think it's the best bangxbuck here in canada)

The only problem is those stupid minivan tires. Anyone on the same situation? Is it possible to swap to more aggressive 33s without a lift?
Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello guys.

I'm pretty much set on a 2d outer banks, no options. (I think it's the best bangxbuck here in canada)

The only problem is those stupid minivan tires. Anyone on the same situation? Is it possible to swap to more aggressive 33s without a lift?
So I originally was going to get a OB with the intensions of going to 33" right away. If I still decide to stay with it. But I don't see why you couldn't size up since the spension is the same as other trims that have 33" without needing a lift.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wait for build and price. There may be an option to get different sized rims and tires just like with any other new car today. They usually always offer options for rims and tires.

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think you might be okay with a 33 radius on all trims. It is the width that I feel is might to be an issue. I feel the a 285 width will rub wo lift. (Going off badlands) Who knows with an offset rim.

this is just speculation.

Sponsored

67 - 87 Bronco II - 21

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Expedition King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
715C4B52-9629-4F6A-A755-D700E22C0DF8.jpeg

Outer Banks with Badlands 33” tires and wheels photoshopped onto it.
My concern is the tire is a 33x12.5 and considerably wider. Will the wider tire interfere with the steering gear and suspension. Whole lot of wait and see till we know backspacing, offset and bore.

Last edited:

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’22 Badlands, ‘23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
33s were my plan for my Outer Banks as well, but I have since given serious thought to adding a one inch lift and using BFG KO2 34x10.5/17 tires. One inch taller and a narrower tire that is visually closer to Sasquatch without the full package. Narrower tires would offer lower rolling resistance. Still have time to make these decisions.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wait for build and price. There may be an option to get different sized rims and tires just like with any other new car today. They usually always offer options for rims and tires.
The Ford site shows these optional. Not sure if they're stand alone or not.
Optional
  • 17” Black High Gloss-Painted Forged Aluminum with Warm Alloy Beauty Ring, Beadlock Capable Wheels
  • 315/70R17 BSW Mud-Terrain (M/T) (35")

Sponsored

Cabronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
33s were my plan for my Outer Banks as well, but I have since given serious thought to adding a one inch lift and using BFG KO2 34x10.5/17 tires. One inch taller and a narrower tire that is visually closer to Sasquatch without the full package. Narrower tires would offer lower rolling resistance. Still have time to make these decisions.
How much do you think adding the 2” lift would cost? I google the tires you just mentioned, and they would likely run around $200-$300 each. I think OBX with optional rear locker, 2in lift and those tires would look awesome and would be plenty capable. Once again the B&P could determine a lot. I saw somewhere that the Sasquatch could potentially be $3K (instead of the surveyed $5K), and if that’s the case, it may end up being a better option going that route. Oh the anticipation ?

Last edited:

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nd9GcT-yOpPLfSrHxlHDptsBfMoiCN7Y81dVh0Eqg&usqp=CAU.jpg

The Ford site shows these optional. Not sure if they're stand alone or not.
Optional
  • 17” Black High Gloss-Painted Forged Aluminum with Warm Alloy Beauty Ring, Beadlock Capable Wheels
  • 315/70R17 BSW Mud-Terrain (M/T) (35")
These come with the squatch.

Reactions: jxc

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco 33” tires on Outer Banks, anyone? Nd9GcT-yOpPLfSrHxlHDptsBfMoiCN7Y81dVh0Eqg&usqp=CAU

These come with the squatch.
Yeah, the 315s are with the sasquatch package. I'm talking about having the option of getting 17s with 33s like on the Badlands.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
How much do you think adding the 2” lift would cost? I google the tires you just mentioned, and they would likely run around $200-$300 each. I think OBX with optional rear locker, 2in lift and those tires would look awesome and would be plenty capable. Once again the B&P could determine a lot. I saw somewhere that the Sasquatch could potentially be $3K (instead of the surveyed $5K), and if that’s the case, it may end up being a better option going that route. Oh the anticipation ?
Depends in who you go with. But I've already been quoted $3k for a 2 inch lift and tires in the past.

I sure hope the Sasquatch ends up being $3,000. That would be amazing ? ? But I doubt it.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check the reviews. When I put these on my Jeep what everyone said at the time was right... they were just barely 33s... I think they even measured very high 32” once I got them installed. I was very disappointed and they didn’t even stay on the Jeep for more than a month before I changed them out and took the loss.

I’m running 285/75/17s now. They aren’t Pizza Cutters, but they’re a legit 34” tire. That’s what I plan on sticking with.
Sponsored