First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You would basically end up with the exact same stance as the standard Badlands. Here is mine on 33s with the optional wheels.

80B80E90-85D8-4654-8AC8-549CD5F70A25.jpeg

A5CABF16-9E93-498B-B3E5-4895CB2BEAC2.jpeg

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did anyone buy Sasquatch for everything BUT the 35s and move down to 33s?

I’m not exactlyyyyyy sure what one would gain from this (possibly better efficiency, less weight, better road manners, etc. at the expense of some clearance?), but was just curious if anyone has done this or considered doing it.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post but you are pretty much describing a Badlands, no?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m not exactlyyyyyy sure what one would gain from this (possibly better efficiency, less weight, better road manners, etc. at the expense of some clearance?), but was just curious if anyone has done this or considered doing it.
I've advocated this for the 2-dr. I think the Sasquatch package is a hell of a deal, but the proportions are off for the 2-dr. On the 4-dr, 35's are necessary to offset the length. The other benefit of having 33's is that you could tuck the wheels in tighter with the +55 offset and eliminate the kiddie pool Sasquatch flares. I've been mentioning this since the fall before MY'21 order banks opened. I even coined the hashtag #SkinnySquatch

Note: As others have mentioned, it is the same as a stock Badlands. But for those who aren't buying a Badlands, a SkinnySquatch would be ideal. Save the 35's if you want for trail use or sell them to offset your cost for 33's.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

If you went with 33’s on a Sas your effective gear ratio would be 4.94. The tires would weigh about the same unless you went with the territory’s. Believe it or not larger tires roll easier. Wider tires have less rolling resistance than narrow ones. 33’s may look a little silly with the wide flares. New wheels with +20 off set would be needed for correct stance. Road handling would be slightly more stable from reduced sidewall height. A bit less rotational weight due to less tire diameter. New lightweight wheels would help.
Not much positive for $3000 but that’s a personal choice.

Sponsored

BoatMan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a 2022 Big Bend Mansquatch on order. This thing will spend 80-90% of the time on pavement, and then a fair amount of snow running in the winter. I actually decided on a 33" tire wheel/combo to best fit my needs. I'm going with a 275/70R18 General Grabber in a standard load range tire. It should ride good, and does not give up too much size to the stock tires (33.2" vs 34.4"). To keep the rugged looks, I'm going with a 0 offset wheel in an 18x9 which will move the tire and wheel out with maybe just a little poke on the sidewall with the Sasquatch flares. I believe this will negate the appearance of a smaller tire.

I chose the Big Bend over other trim levels due to weight (it is significantly lighter than the Badlands which I had started out with). Even with the Sasquatch package, it weighs less than the Badlands and I get to keep Sport mode.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Definitely not right off the bat but I can imagine ordering up some smaller, narrower tires on different wheels to use as winter tires. Get some snow and Ice rated tires that I'd swap out in the Minnesota winter for driving around on the street.

Dave-O

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150/Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a 2022 Big Bend Mansquatch on order. This thing will spend 80-90% of the time on pavement, and then a fair amount of snow running in the winter. I actually decided on a 33" tire wheel/combo to best fit my needs. I'm going with a 275/70R18 General Grabber in a standard load range tire. It should ride good, and does not give up too much size to the stock tires (33.2" vs 34.4"). To keep the rugged looks, I'm going with a 0 offset wheel in an 18x9 which will move the tire and wheel out with maybe just a little poke on the sidewall with the Sasquatch flares. I believe this will negate the appearance of a smaller tire.

I chose the Big Bend over other trim levels due to weight (it is significantly lighter than the Badlands which I had started out with). Even with the Sasquatch package, it weighs less than the Badlands and I get to keep Sport mode.
The issue of weight has me sticking to a Big Bend as well. I love the idea of MGV but damnit I wish I could opt for it or leather with the BB.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not exactlyyyyyy sure what one would gain from this
You would effectively "gain" nothing...but you lose quite a bit in looks, and also some in capability. It would make no sense whatsoever, but it's your truck, if you want to neuter it a bit, go for it.

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Factory 315/70/17 Sasquatch Tires are 33.5" Tall when mounted on the Bronco, NOT 35" as advertised.

Going to a "33" will be shorter still and have more Fender Clearance. Too much, maybe not?

Sponsored

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

"other benefit of having 33's is that you could tuck the wheels in tighter with the +55 offset and eliminate the kiddie pool Sasquatch flares."
I am confused by this - did you mean to say +30 offset?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Factory 315/70/17 Sasquatch Tires are 33.5" Tall when mounted on the Bronco, NOT 35" as advertised.

Going to a "33" will be shorter still and have more Fender Clearance. Too much, maybe not?
Almost all tires are shorter than spec'd when mounted...and that includes the 33s, so it's all relative. I measured my Sasquatch tires at exactly 34" (spare with clamp used as caliper to widest point), which is about where most other 35s/315s land...most 33s and metric nominal 33s land about 32" inflated (KO2 33s don't even make that typically); so the difference is the ballpark same regardless.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I do ever get my bronco, I plan on downsizing once the factory 35's are toasted. Something smaller but with better grip.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"other benefit of having 33's is that you could tuck the wheels in tighter with the +55 offset and eliminate the kiddie pool Sasquatch flares."
I am confused by this - did you mean to say +30 offset?
No. I would either keep the Sasquatch wheels/tires/flares for trail use, but more likely sell them all and revert to stock Badlands wheels with +55 offset. The Sasquatch wheels have the +30 to accommodate the wider tires but then you also need the wide flares. I would much rather have the wheels tucked in with standard flares. Ideally, I like the pizza cutter look as it keeps the proportions on the 2-dr in check. Keep in mind my vision of the #SkinnySquatch only pertains to the 2-dr and for trims that aren't Badlands.

I'm one of those goofy guys that want the painted flares. The sun is brutal on unpainted plastic here in Florida. People that have taken delivery have discovered that it isn't a cheap modification. One guy paid $1800 for his FE to have painted flares.
Sponsored