Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I always preferred those BB wheels as the best looking stock option. Very cool that it looks like 33" tires will be an easy swap. I look forward to hearing about full articulation, on and off road performance and any calibration changes. Although I went BL, I do have an interest in 255/80/17s as a potential winter tire and your feedback can help all of us as we think through future modifications!
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They should have, but why would they? It just forces your average consumer to go Badlands if they wanted 33's.

Unfortunately for Ford, us nuts would've tried it out anyways on the lower models and made changes if we needed to.

Sponsored

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a question that I haven’t found an answer to in other threads about this subject, so don’t jump on me. If there is an answer you can link me to, please do, but I’m mechanically ignorant and “do the math” doesn’t tell me the answer. I need laymen’s terms.

I am getting the BD and love the stance with the 32” tires, but ideally would love to go to a 33” like on the non-Sas Badlands, which to me is the best Bronco stance. I know the bigger tire would “fit,” but can someone tell me the considerations related to gearing and suspension differences? Would the BD with 33s have the same stance/lift/clearance as the Badlands even with different suspension? Would the change cause issues, and, if so, what are they?

Thanks!

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The next question is....

Since the Badlands has a 5/8" or 3/4" lift (yeah I'm not going to find the thread that mentions it) and fits 35's with removing the crash bars.... How many people will we see rocking 35's on the BB without a lift? People will try it I'm sure.

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's been discussed a lot, but from what I can tell, Ford is not comfortable with anything larger than the 265/70/17 on the 190 axle. There are also considerations around gearing and how many part numbers they want to carry. Most of us would never see a problem, but when you have to warranty across a huge variation of users, you have to set certain durability standards to meet warranty and customer experience benchmarks. Plus, I am sure they make more $ on the higher trims, which already are selling at 70% of total orders, so they don't want to leave $ on the table. ;)

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Glad to see all of the work I put into the '33s will fit' thread came to fruition. I know this was really important for many.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very annoying that I couldn't just option into this with the original order.
If I recall there was a time when Wranglers came with itty bitty 235/75/15s and that's just what you got. I wouldn't mind that thinking on the Bronco, not wasting money on tires you don't want.

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The big ben has the same suspension as the base, correct?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a question that I haven’t found an answer to in other threads about this subject, so don’t jump on me. If there is an answer you can link me to, please do, but I’m mechanically ignorant and “do the math” doesn’t tell me the answer. I need laymen’s terms.

I am getting the BD and love the stance with the 32” tires, but ideally would love to go to a 33” like on the non-Sas Badlands, which to me is the best Bronco stance. I know the bigger tire would “fit,” but can someone tell me the considerations related to gearing and suspension differences? Would the BD with 33s have the same stance/lift/clearance as the Badlands even with different suspension? Would the change cause issues, and, if so, what are they?

Thanks!
No. Badlands suspension is higher than the BD, so assuming the 33" tires fit and perform fine, the BD will still sit 0.67" lower than a standard BL on the same 33's sitting next to it.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ide-lift-heights-with-wheel-tire-sizes.17719/

Gearing I wouldn't worry about.

Total range of motion on the BD suspension is shorter than the Badlands, so you wont get as much flex on the BD.... we don't yet know whether that also means the 33" wont rub under full compression on the BD, even though the suspension is 0.67" lower...
Sponsored