Sponsored

35" or close+ Non E rating tires? Anything Decent exist?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Except for the heavier than needed construction and harder tread compound that doesn’t grip rocks or wet pavement as well as a C rated tire. Tires designed to support a 3/4 ton 7000# plus truck towing 14K aren’t ideal on a vehicle where the heaviest configuration is 5109#. You might be satisfied with the ride on yours, but it would ride better on C rated tires.
I haven't done an extensive search yet, but several of the tires I'm clicking on (looking for something in the 33" to 34" range) are speced as E rated. Especially this sized 34" tire: 285/75R17. The options for C rated seem more limited unfortunately.

Not to mention WTH, tire prices have gotten ridiculous. My last set of 31" A/T tires cost me around $75 each on a typical Memorial Day tire sale (pre-COVID).
Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't done an extensive search yet, but several of the tires I'm clicking on (looking for something in the 33" to 34" range) are speced as E rated. Especially this sized 34" tire: 285/75R17. The options for C rated seem more limited unfortunately.

Not to mention WTH, tire prices have gotten ridiculous. My last set of 31" A/T tires cost me around $75 each on a typical Memorial Day tire sale (pre-COVID).
I did an exhaustive search last spring and ended up with the Toyo Open Country AT3 in 285/75R17 C load. I’m happy with the decision. They handle well on/off road, aren’t noisy, and didn’t submarine my MPG.
Ford Bronco 35" or close+ Non E rating tires?  Anything Decent exist? 3E28B1B2-C5CB-418B-8806-B171D8F824DF

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have 5 of these stacked in my dining room waiting for install - heard good things, curious to see how the noise compares to the stock BD tires. They look properly chonky, that’s for sure.
You must live alone because surely your whole house reeks of tires.

Sponsored

Hedrock

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr EG Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You must live alone because surely your whole house reeks of tires.
My wife is actually, literally, a goddess.

Also it’s really just that one room. Doesn’t even bleed Into the kitchen. My sense of smell is trashed, but hers is very good and she hasn’t complained at all.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was going to get the nitto ridge grappler, but I also wanted a C rated tire. I know these trucks are never going to get good gas mileage, but my needs wont require an E rated tire no sense in adding unnecessary weight. Bumping up the factory ko2 33's to 35's

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was going to get the nitto ridge grappler, but I also wanted a C rated tire. I know these trucks are never going to get good gas mileage, but my needs wont require an E rated tire no sense in adding unnecessary weight. Bumping up the factory ko2 33's to 35's
I bought 35” K02s and had some extreme vibration at highway speeds. Took it to a road force balance shop and they couldn’t get them to balance and had 2 shops tell me they are notorious for that. Both shops recommended Ridge Grapplers but I was hesitant due to the aggressive tread and E Rating. I ended up returning the K02s to tire rack and going with the Ridge Grapplers , balanced perfectly, no vibration and smooth ride even 80+ mph. I couldn’t tell a difference in ride quality C vs E and already have about 10k miles on my Bronco, lots of highway trips.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Toyo ATIIIs have a 35/12.50/17 with a C rating.

Nothing wrong with an E rated tire. For the most part people put way too much air pressure in the tires for such a light vehicle. I run 32/30psi with an E rated 37 on my 4-door V6 and it rides great!
Agreed. I run E rated 315/70R17 Wildpeaks at about the same psi and they ride great on the highway and are fantastic in snow and for the mostly moderate off roading I do.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have 35 cooper discoverers load E. Load E tires on bronco imo are fine,air pressure less and ride is great. I run mine at 25psi. Did chalk test and was perfect. Had these tires on another vehicle too. No noise or hum. Lasted 60k on my f350. I couldnt find any load C that I liked. Air pressure is key or you will knock your teeth out. Lol

Sponsored

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought 35” K02s and had some extreme vibration at highway speeds. Took it to a road force balance shop and they couldn’t get them to balance and had 2 shops tell me they are notorious for that. Both shops recommended Ridge Grapplers but I was hesitant due to the aggressive tread and E Rating. I ended up returning the K02s to tire rack and going with the Ridge Grapplers , balanced perfectly, no vibration and smooth ride even 80+ mph. I couldn’t tell a difference in ride quality C vs E and already have about 10k miles on my Bronco, lots of highway trips.
welp....will update once they get installed this week! From researching on this forum it seems the Ko2's and the ridge grapplers are pretty popular picks.

lonepalm

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 F250, '21 Explorer, 22 Race Red BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I picked up a set of the new hybrid Falken Wildpeak RT's, 285/75/17 load range C. The 35x11.50 also comes in a C range. Road noise is minimal and so far I like the handling on and off road.

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Completely agree with you. That is the reason I ended up going with badlands non sasquatch, because I wanted the ko2's, even if they were 33's.

A few months back on OfferUp I scored a set of 5 F150 raptor wheels/tires with the factory 315/70/17 ko2's. $1600 with 800 highway miles on them. I sold the wheels for $1000, so I'm into it $600 for my 5 tires. I'm putting them on sometime in the next 2 weeks.

I'm in southern California and there is an abundance of raptor take offs available as they almost immediately go aftermarket with 37's. Lots of these guys could care less how much they get for them,just want them gone. I'm hoping the same may soon be true with the 37's from the braptors.
I actually think the Territory MT's are better than the KO2's, at least on ice and snow, very surprised and happy!

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I picked up a set of the new hybrid Falken Wildpeak RT's, 285/75/17 load range C. The 35x11.50 also comes in a C range. Road noise is minimal and so far I like the handling on and off road.
66.4 pounds for the 285/75R17 and 67.5 pounds for the 35x11.5R17 seems excessively heavy on the C load rated models. I’m not sure why Falken are consistently heavier than other brands. The Kenda are 66 pounds in the 35x10.5R17, so a similar weight.

BD6G

Everglades
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I actually think the Territory MT's are better than the KO2's, at least on ice and snow, very surprised and happy!
I have to agree that the Territory MTs have been performing exceptionally well in the ice and snow.
Sponsored