EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone received their Non-Sasquatch Badlands and installed 35s on it successfully with no lift? I'm curious if the <1" lift that the Sasquatch package has over the standard Badlands actually makes a difference or not when it comes to rubbing.

I opted for the Manual Transmission and I'm having a hard time paying $4k for the Sasquatch package, when it's mostly just different wheels, larger tires, a small lift and larger flares. After reading about how much people dislike the Goodyear tires, I am starting to think it would be a better idea to get a non-sasquatch and get my own wheels & tires after delivery, but I would prefer not to have to install an aftermarket lift. It seems like a waste of money to order the Sasquatch package and have to buy different tires upon delivery to avoid the Goodyears throwing rocks all over the side of my brand new vehicle.

Apologies if this has been asked in another thread recently. I looked around and most threads on this subject were created before people actually got their Broncos. This thread is more of intended for people that have actually done this to their own Bronco.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am literally in the exact same situation as you.

The finance manager at my dealership ordered a non-Sas Badlands because he wasn’t impressed with the Goodyear tires, and also wanted his Bronco faster. After delivery he bought a set of 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers and a new set of 17" wheels with a smaller offset.

The suspension difference between Badlands and Sasquatch is less than 1/2”, so it's really close. He said he has zero clearance issues so far, but he suspects if you hit a hard enough bump it may hit. Though he didn't seem too worried about it at all.

For me personally, plan on sticking with the initial set of BFG KO2s since they are one of my favorite A/T tires ever. And then once the supply chains start to recover and prices (hopefully) start dropping, I'll look around for 35s.

Last edited:

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a manual non squatch bronco. But I did just install a 1" rough country level. Next week my 0deg offset rims show up and I'm installing 35x12.5R17 Toyo Mud Terrains! I'll be .4" wider and taller than sasquatch for less money!

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you have to loose the crash bar and of course the gearing on the 33” BL is slightly “taller”. I don’t know if I would mind, fist in the auto is pretty short. I have found the 33” KO2s really competent, so nothing bigger on the horizon for me.

Sponsored

bronco0311

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You are missing out because Sasquatch is an entirely different suspension, different rear end gears, and front and rear locking diffs. Those are huge improvements over just bigger tires and flares.

Also, you retain the warranty. Another side effect is most of the info on your dash will be wrong such as speed and any of the fuel efficiency info like mpg or miles to empty. You will need to recalibrate your dash.

Of which you still spend money doing a lift with new tires.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You are missing out because Sasquatch is an entirely different suspension, different rear end gears, and front and rear locking diffs. Those are huge improvements over just bigger tires and flares.

Also, you retain the warranty. Another side effect is most of the info on your dash will be wrong such as speed and any of the fuel efficiency info like mpg or miles to empty. You will need to recalibrate your dash.

The gears are the best part of the deal pay now or cry later

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Believe the manual in the BL gets the same 4.7 that squatch gets

Vellicate

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2014 Flex Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am currently waiting on getting my 35x10.5's installed on my stock (upgraded) Badlands wheels. I couldn't get a solid answer about rubbing so I opted for a "pizza cutter" 35 for now. I did install the Zone leveling kit and removed my crash bars. Will report back after the tires are installed and the speedo is recalibrated.

IMG_20211110_135501.jpg

Screenshot_20211112-202820.jpg

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Sasquatch gearing and the Badlands manual transmission gearing (non-Sas) are exactly the same.

For the manual transmission, the Sasquatch package on the Badlands trim is literally a < 0.5" lift, and a set of 35" wheels for ~$4090.

Unfortunately the Sasquatch package with the manual transmission is (generally speaking) a big flop.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Missing out on what? Less suspension articulation? The non-Sasquatch Badlands suspension has over 4% more articulation than the Sasquatch. This is why I my OBXLands suspension should be better than the Sasquatch suspension.

This is how you make a 2 door 2.7 OBXLands:

MB3Z-1824-D (x2 front shocks)
MB3Z-1825-D (x2 rear shocks)
MB3Z-5310-K (x2 front springs)
MB3Z-5560-F (x2 rear springs)
MB3Z-18198-C (x2 front stops aka insulators)
MB3Z-5K570-C (x2 rear stops aka insulators)

All that great Badlands flavor, with none of that Sasquatch after-taste.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Sasquatch gearing and the Badlands manual transmission gearing (non-Sas) are exactly the same.

For the manual transmission, the Sasquatch package on the Badlands trim is literally a < 0.5" lift, and a set of 35" wheels for ~$4090.

Unfortunately the Sasquatch package with the manual transmission is (generally speaking) a big flop.
Base man squatch best bang for the buck imo

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You realize that the difference between 4.46 and 4.7 is roughly 5%??? Right... It doesn't even hardly matter in the automatic, because Torque converters.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Nope! 7MT Badlands has the same axles and diff’s
Sponsored