John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not sure if I’m going to upgrade to 35’s, but I have the Zone 1” level kit. I have the optional wheels, and am pretty sure I need a 1” spacer (and remove the crash bar) to get 35’s to fit.
I kinda like the idea of 1” spacers and 35" x 11.20", at least for off-road purposes.
From their website:
A maximum of 35" x 11.20" (285mm width tire) tire on a 17x8.5, 17x9, 18x8, 18x9, or 20x9 on 6" to 5" back spacing will clear through wheel travel and is recommended for best performance and minimal rubbing. Wider tires / more aggressive sidewall tires than 285mm width (295-315mm widths) will rub the sway bar and / or UCA on a 6" or more back space wheel.
20": 285/65R20, 285/60R20 18": 285/75R18, 285/70R18 17": 285/75R17, 285/70R17
4. A maximum of 35" x 12.50" tire on a 17x8.5, 17x9, 18x8, 18x9, or 20x9 on 5.5" to 5" back spacing will clear through wheel travel and is recommended for best performance and minimal rubbing Figure D. 37" x 12.50" tires will rub the front body mount as shown in Figure B/C as well as the rear inner fender shown in Figure E.
Sponsored

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trying to find a good thread to ask this without starting a new one.

Has anyone put 35x12.5 on the STOCK badlands wheels on a non-squatch model? I may be the only person that likes the stock wheels. I have been considering:

Stock badlands wheels
Small wheel spacers to square things up better
35x12.5 hybrid tire of some sort (aka a truish 35 ... not a KO2 type 35)
Remove crash bars
MAYBE a small level kit, again just for looks and a tad more space.

Anyone running this? I'm pretty sure it will work, maybe rub when disconnected, which I'm not stressing. I prob won't wheel this. Keeping the jeep.

I may run this a bit and then if I get bored of the look, go aftermarket wheels and ditch the wheel spacers of course.

Now if anyone has a picture of this on a 2 door Carbonized Gray, you'll just be my hero
I like the stock wheels. I also like some take-offs from the stock Ranger that are also +55. You can't do it. You will rub.

plus, check the recommended wheel width from your tire manufacturer. My 35x13.5s wanted at least a 9" rim. I know these are bigger than what you are discussing, but check the recommendation.

***Edit: Oh, I see you are considering spacers too. That might get you out there to the +30 range.

Last edited:

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

black rhino delta wheels. 17x9.5, +12 offset. I bought these for the numbers and had them powder coated.
Mickey Thompson Baja Pro XS 35x13.5

I did a cheap 1" spacer level lift from rough country in the front. But that was for the look. I don't think it was necessary for clearance.

And crash bars removed.

Ford Bronco 35s on Non-Sasquatch Badlands 20220308_161752

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you don't plan to use any of the offroad benefits of the Sasquatch package, then don't get it. Wheels and tires can be installed pretty easily with minor suspension lifts to match or beat the sasquatch size. It just won't be as capable offroad, which if you don't care, no problem.

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the stock wheels. I also like some take-offs from the stock Ranger that are also +55. You can't do it. You will rub.

plus, check the recommended wheel width from your tire manufacturer. My 35x13.5s wanted at least a 9" rim. I know these are bigger than what you are discussing, but check the recommendation.

***Edit: Oh, I see you are considering spacers too. That might get you out there to the +30 range.
Thanks brother. Yeah on my last JK I did hubcentric spacers and the 11.5 pizza cutter style tire. Looked solid and def not as skinny looking on the smaller 2 door. So I'm def not against spacers.

And yes a few years back all the local discount tire shops were super funny about the manufacturer specs for wheel width. Lawyers screw everything up. I am one lol. I always figured there's a bit of a safety factor there and just like living on the edge! But then some tire cos or discount revised their standards and are way more flexible on this. I put 37x12.5 on a 7.5 inch wheel at first. Before I switched to my AEVs. I have to admit, between backspacing and travel and all the places shit can rub, it ends up being a calculus problem to be sure you won't rub. Always prefer when someone just says Yeah I did it.

I used to think the idea of spacers was like super gangster but seems like more and more people are of the mindset that good quality spacers are ok. I had spidertrax on my prior jeep and they seemed to have a good rep

Sponsored

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve posted this before.
1.5” spacers stock alternative BL wheels. 315/70/17 Falken Wildpeak tires.

Love the feel of these. Handle rocks/mud/snow great. On road manners are also good. The tire poke, bc I have the standard flares, does throw A LOT OF MUD! These tires are not rock slingers.
Ford Bronco 35s on Non-Sasquatch Badlands 02E8CDE1-A380-4184-8519-24757598655A
Ford Bronco 35s on Non-Sasquatch Badlands B5E7E0D9-B7D0-4077-8445-2835496C55D8
Ford Bronco 35s on Non-Sasquatch Badlands A2DC2AB0-A2FD-4A4E-A80C-92502A0A4725
Ford Bronco 35s on Non-Sasquatch Badlands 77F76047-92CD-417F-AC04-E160914188E1

Ford Bronco 35s on Non-Sasquatch Badlands E19BEE5E-F471-401A-AD4E-DA937C7674ED

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks brother. Yeah on my last JK I did hubcentric spacers and the 11.5 pizza cutter style tire. Looked solid and def not as skinny looking on the smaller 2 door. So I'm def not against spacers.

And yes a few years back all the local discount tire shops were super funny about the manufacturer specs for wheel width. Lawyers screw everything up. I am one lol. I always figured there's a bit of a safety factor there and just like living on the edge! But then some tire cos or discount revised their standards and are way more flexible on this. I put 37x12.5 on a 7.5 inch wheel at first. Before I switched to my AEVs. I have to admit, between backspacing and travel and all the places shit can rub, it ends up being a calculus problem to be sure you won't rub. Always prefer when someone just says Yeah I did it.

I used to think the idea of spacers was like super gangster but seems like more and more people are of the mindset that good quality spacers are ok. I had spidertrax on my prior jeep and they seemed to have a good rep
I have also had spacers under some heavy beating off-roading and I have never had a problem. And I'm talking big wheels and tires so there's a lot torque and leverage out there. I guess I'd vote for the right offset, but I'm not against spacers.

The wheel width, on the other hand, I think I'd at least try to be close. I am just speculating, but I assume some risk is that you will break a bead at lower psi. I do air down when I get in the messy stuff.

But I agree that these are all guidelines more than rules. ha ha.

I have spent a lot of time in Excel trying to calc what will rub and what will not. In the end, throwing the wheel and tire on the hub is always the only answer you can count on.

My general thinking was my stock BL came on 8" wheels at +55. The Sas is +30 but it is 8.5". So it's moving at least a quarter inch closer to the suspension with half the wheel width, but then the 25mm away for offset. So net = 0.984252 - 0.25 = 0.734252. So for whatever tires they put on the Sas, they moved the inside of the rim (not the tire) 0.75" out. While this is neglecting a bunch of variables, like you wrote, I think you'd want to get the stock BL wheel out 0.75" to mount the stock Sas tire. But if your 12.5 tire is wider than the stock Sas tire, you might need a little more. Almost nobody publishes section widths so in the end, you have put them on and see what rubs.

You can always get a few different sized spacers and return some.

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have also had spacers under some heavy beating off-roading and I have never had a problem. And I'm talking big wheels and tires so there's a lot torque and leverage out there. I guess I'd vote for the right offset, but I'm not against spacers.

The wheel width, on the other hand, I think I'd at least try to be close. I am just speculating, but I assume some risk is that you will break a bead at lower psi. I do air down when I get in the messy stuff.

But I agree that these are all guidelines more than rules. ha ha.

I have spent a lot of time in Excel trying to calc what will rub and what will not. In the end, throwing the wheel and tire on the hub is always the only answer you can count on.

My general thinking was my stock BL came on 8" wheels at +55. The Sas is +30 but it is 8.5". So it's moving at least a quarter inch closer to the suspension with half the wheel width, but then the 25mm away for offset. So net = 0.984252 - 0.25 = 0.734252. So for whatever tires they put on the Sas, they moved the inside of the rim (not the tire) 0.75" out. While this is neglecting a bunch of variables, like you wrote, I think you'd want to get the stock BL wheel out 0.75" to mount the stock Sas tire. But if your 12.5 tire is wider than the stock Sas tire, you might need a little more. Almost nobody publishes section widths so in the end, you have put them on and see what rubs.

You can always get a few different sized spacers and return some.
Lots of great data. Thank you. Yes sounds like spacers at least worth a try. I can’t find an aftermarket rim that is “the one” yet. Have about five that im like Man I really like that wheel. But just not sold on one yet so this would buy some time. Since I’m a 7/16 reservation and still waiting, Ford will probably help continue to buy me time lol.

Steve62

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Has anyone received their Non-Sasquatch Badlands and installed 35s on it successfully with no lift? I'm curious if the <1" lift that the Sasquatch package has over the standard Badlands actually makes a difference or not when it comes to rubbing.

I opted for the Manual Transmission and I'm having a hard time paying $4k for the Sasquatch package, when it's mostly just different wheels, larger tires, a small lift and larger flares. After reading about how much people dislike the Goodyear tires, I am starting to think it would be a better idea to get a non-sasquatch and get my own wheels & tires after delivery, but I would prefer not to have to install an aftermarket lift. It seems like a waste of money to order the Sasquatch package and have to buy different tires upon delivery to avoid the Goodyears throwing rocks all over the side of my brand new vehicle.

Apologies if this has been asked in another thread recently. I looked around and most threads on this subject were created before people actually got their Broncos. This thread is more of intended for people that have actually done this to their own Bronco.
I have a non Squatch Big Bend 4 door manual. After I had it for a couple of months I bought used Sasquatch rims, 35" Toyo AT III's, a Zone 2" lift and a Rough Country tail light extender. Even with the lift there was some rubbing, and my mechanic couldn't legally remove the crash bars in my state, Connecticut. I replaced the OEM crash bars with tapered 4-Wheel Parts crash bars and everything is fine now.
Ford Bronco 35s on Non-Sasquatch Badlands Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 5.26.54 PM
Ford Bronco 35s on Non-Sasquatch Badlands Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 6.19.13 PM

Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 5.39.22 PM.png

Last edited:

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lots of great data. Thank you. Yes sounds like spacers at least worth a try. I can’t find an aftermarket rim that is “the one” yet. Have about five that im like Man I really like that wheel. But just not sold on one yet so this would buy some time. Since I’m a 7/16 reservation and still waiting, Ford will probably help continue to buy me time lol.
I totally hear you with the wheels. I wanted a white, chrome or brushed aluminum finish. between the hubs, the offset, and the fact that those retro finishes are almost non-existent at this time, I had to give up on finish. In the end, I really gave up finding "the one" and just settled for the numbers that worked.

-the stupid shit we waste time and money on.

This thread has all the stock wheel info.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...es-offsets-bolt-pattern-center-bore-⚙️.11893/

And these are the wheels that I loved.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-size-tires-ford-ranger-wheels-no-lift.20733/

The spacers would have given me the clearance, but I was afraid of the narrow stock width for the stupid-wide tires I bought. No regrets because it goes right over the curb at the mall.:unsure:

Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you don't plan to use any of the offroad benefits of the Sasquatch package, then don't get it. Wheels and tires can be installed pretty easily with minor suspension lifts to match or beat the sasquatch size. It just won't be as capable offroad, which if you don't care, no problem.
Yah and if you don’t care about your drivetrain warranty.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trying to find a good thread to ask this without starting a new one.

Has anyone put 35x12.5 on the STOCK badlands wheels on a non-squatch model? I may be the only person that likes the stock wheels. I have been considering:

Stock badlands wheels
Small wheel spacers to square things up better
35x12.5 hybrid tire of some sort (aka a truish 35 ... not a KO2 type 35)
Remove crash bars
MAYBE a small level kit, again just for looks and a tad more space.

Anyone running this? I'm pretty sure it will work, maybe rub when disconnected, which I'm not stressing. I prob won't wheel this. Keeping the jeep.

I may run this a bit and then if I get bored of the look, go aftermarket wheels and ditch the wheel spacers of course.

Now if anyone has a picture of this on a 2 door Carbonized Gray, you'll just be my hero
I’m thinking of 35’s after the 33’s are a little closer to done. and seem to be in the minority with you on liking the stock BL rims. I‘m kicking around the idea of caliper covers too but think that the 4dr needs 35’s with a level kit….

F05DECA9-0C39-46EE-AF88-A7B929ED3C95.png

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve posted this before.
1.5” spacers stock alternative BL wheels. 315/70/17 Falken Wildpeak tires.

Love the feel of these. Handle rocks/mud/snow great. On road manners are also good. The tire poke, bc I have the standard flares, does throw A LOT OF MUD! These tires are not rock slingers.
Ford Bronco 35s on Non-Sasquatch Badlands F05DECA9-0C39-46EE-AF88-A7B929ED3C95

Where did you get your spacers? Any issues with alignment after you installed them?

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We bought Badlands so the only differences from SAS are the wheels/tires, flares, and a little height. Badlands has all of the offroad goodies and more suspension travel than SAS, so it’s just as capable offroad minus the clearance under the axles due to tire height. Add some 35” tires and they are equal. I couldn’t get a Mansquatch in 2021, so here I am with a non SAS Badlands. I’m looking at upgrading tires to 285/75R17, 35x10.5R17, or 35x11.5R17.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
We bought Badlands so the only differences from SAS are the wheels/tires, flares, and a little height. Badlands has all of the offroad goodies and more suspension travel than SAS, so it’s just as capable offroad minus the clearance under the axles due to tire height. Add some 35” tires and they are equal. I couldn’t get a Mansquatch in 2021, so here I am with a non SAS Badlands. I’m looking at upgrading tires to 285/75R17, 35x10.5R17, or 35x11.5R17.
Sorry, yes, Ford does make a variety that checks all the boxes for being capable without the sasquatch package and that is the Badlands. Most of the people asking that question are looking at less capable versions (cheaper) of the bronco.
Sponsored