First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The others pretty much nailed it - I want just a little bit more than base offers in terms of creature comforts. I've got a 19' F30 Platinum with every option, a 21' Bronco with every option and I mod my older stuff for options they didn't even come with. I want to enjoy the total experience, I'm used to my options...
Sponsored

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the standard package, badlands, manual and the only I miss isā€¦ā€¦.nothing really. If I had to pick something it would be the front/rear sensors and forward cameras.
This sounds about on par with what I've been thinking ā€“ although I don't particularly like the sensors. Granted I've only driven the new Bronco off-road so far and the sensors drove me crazy, perhaps they'd be better on-road. The cameras are the only thing I want out of the high package and when I test drove a 4-door BL 7MT at Hollister Hills SVRA I didn't even really like using them. Granted I'm not saying they wouldn't ever come in handy.

We just added the mid to our manual Badlands for one reason, intelligent access. We have a 2018 JLU sport and with 2 kids my wife is always digging for the keys to unlock the Jeep then put them back away once in since itā€™s push button start. Intelligent access means no more digging for keys, just walk up, grab the door handle and unlock. Sounds stupid but when taking 2 kids to the grocery then trying to get them back in plus load up the last thing she wants to do is dig out the keys.
i also really wanted heated seats so we both get something we wanted with the mid.
I could see this being useful from time to time for sure.

Heated seats with a manual transmission, Badlands Mid or better is the only way to get it. I also like most of the other Mid package features. I went High because I wanted the 12ā€ screen and 360 cameras.
The camera system/screen is the biggest reason to upgrade to the high pkg imo but I've never even had a touchscreen in a vehicle and it doesn't really get cold enough here to warrant the heated elements.

The others pretty much nailed it - I want just a little bit more than base offers in terms of creature comforts. I've got a 19' F30 Platinum with every option, a 21' Bronco with every option and I mod my older stuff for options they didn't even come with. I want to enjoy the total experience, I'm used to my options...
I get that and realize I'm likely in the minority regarding my position on these added features.

___

In general I think the climate control setup in the standard pkg looks better and is more simple to use than in other pkgs. I think there's a design flaw in the dual climate control in that you can't know what the fan speed is set to without paying attention to the annoying popup that pops up on the screen whenever you increase or decrease the speed. With manual climate control, one of the two knobs are for fan speed so you can always easily tell what it's set to at a glance.

Thank you for the feedback!

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

This sounds about on par with what I've been thinking ā€“ although I don't particularly like the sensors. Granted I've only driven the new Bronco off-road so far and the sensors drove me crazy, perhaps they'd be better on-road. The cameras are the only thing I want out of the high package and when I test drove a 4-door BL 7MT at Hollister Hills SVRA I didn't even really like using them. Granted I'm not saying they wouldn't ever come in handy.

I could see this being useful from time to time for sure.

The camera system/screen is the biggest reason to upgrade to the high pkg imo but I've never even had a touchscreen in a vehicle and it doesn't really get cold enough here to warrant the heated elements.

I get that and realize I'm likely in the minority regarding my position on these added features.

___

In general I think the climate control setup in the standard pkg looks better and is more simple to use than in other pkgs. I think there's a design flaw in the dual climate control in that you can't know what the fan speed is set to without paying attention to the annoying popup that pops up on the screen whenever you increase or decrease the speed. With manual climate control, one of the two knobs are for fan speed so you can always easily tell what it's set to at a glance.

Thank you for the feedback!
There is a substantial argument for KISS with less electronics to break long term.

When I initially reserved I was just purchasing a 2020 Raptor for myself and the plan was for this Bronco to be my wifeā€™s daily driver in Flagstaff, AZ. I wanted all the safety and convenience features for her that could be available with a manual transmission. Since the result of the 17 month shit show we have all experienced, we leased a 2021 Tacoma that she daily drives now, leaving the Bronco as a weekend toy for me (I daily a company truck). The allure of a base model was strong, and after getting kicked to 2022 I was plotting to change to a base or basemansquatch to KISS and reduce the cost. Ford got me again when they went ahead with building my 2021 that is in transit now. I still like the idea of hose out interior, so maybe the Black Diamond wouldā€™ve prevailed.

Iā€™m a candidate for an 8/100K warranty, so Iā€™m not too concerned about the electronics breakage for a while.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Hey there. Mine is being built this week....how is this going for you? No lift or level right?
Hi, this response was in regards to getting hung up in ruts because my shoes were too small! I wonā€™t be getting my BL for several more years due to allocation issues. Iā€™m going with the standard wheels and tires. 7 MT so gearing will be same. Only missing a small amount because of the tires.

Sponsored

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Added 315/70/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3w to my non squash Badlands!

No lift, just removed crash bars. No rubbing or issues so far. Have not had it off road since the new tires.

betty 35s.jpeg

betty 35s2.jpeg

betty35s3.jpeg

betty35s5.jpeg

bettys354.jpeg

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

No lift, just removed crash bars. No rubbing or issues so far. Have not had it off road since the new tires.

betty 35s.jpeg

betty 35s2.jpeg

betty35s3.jpeg

betty35s5.jpeg

bettys354.jpeg

Howā€™s the upper ball joint to tire clearance?
Iā€™m legit looking at AT3W and figured I need spacers!!!

Could you get a picture of the tire to upper arm clearance?

I would much appreciate it! I hit the woods hard so I will definitely find out if itā€™s too close the hard wayā€¦..

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally got my 35x10.5's installed. Really liking the final product. Tires tuck nicely under the stock flares, which is what I was going for. Trying to maintain the stock width for trail riding. I do have a Zone leveling kit installed.

IMG_20211118_105336.jpg

IMG_20211118_105347.jpg

IMG_20211118_105322.jpg

IMG_20211118_105426.jpg
Do you have before and after photos of the leveling kit?

Vellicate

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2014 Flex Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have before and after photos of the leveling kit?
Only comparison I have. Top picture is stock, bottom is after level. Both are before the 35's were installed.

Photo_2021-11-11_02-08-17_PM.png

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco 35s on Non-Sasquatch Badlands Photo_2021-11-11_02-08-17_PM

Howā€™s the upper ball joint to tire clearance?
Iā€™m legit looking at AT3W and figured I need spacers!!!

Could you get a picture of the tire to upper arm clearance?

I would much appreciate it! I hit the woods hard so I will definitely find out if itā€™s too close the hard wayā€¦..
I would like some feedback on this as well. My biggest concern would be clearance when articulating. I kind of want 35ā€ tires on my Badlands, looking at the Goodyear Territory SAS tires because they are only 52#. I have +35mm wheels waiting to be installed.

Sponsored

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would like some feedback on this as well. My biggest concern would be clearance when articulating. I kind of want 35ā€ tires on my Badlands, looking at the Goodyear Territory SAS tires because they are only 52#. I have +35mm wheels waiting to be installed.
Ford Bronco 35s on Non-Sasquatch Badlands CF611881-11DA-4348-9A2F-8E5946C593C2
Ford Bronco 35s on Non-Sasquatch Badlands 914D6C8C-0C3F-453F-B2CA-BD7A0941DAE4
Ford Bronco 35s on Non-Sasquatch Badlands 5DB697FF-3AF0-4E42-9F90-F61952DD0D83
Ford Bronco 35s on Non-Sasquatch Badlands 1033500E-92FA-4D7D-A0A8-5C5E1296D9EB

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No wheel spacers, either? Your wheels look like they are 1ā€ farther out than my stock wheels.
no I have 1.5ā€ spacers

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My badlands on real 33s seem to handle rocks better than squatchs with 35.. .

BoneyRoads

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs