Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Sasquatch package *absolutely* makes sense only if you want the automatic transmission. It's a huge waste of money on the manual and Ford knows that either people won't realize it or they'll just default to the auto if they do. I would bet the take rate of manual transmissions will decline in 2022 and beyond, and Ford will scrap it sooner rather than later.
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are missing out because Sasquatch is an entirely different suspension, different rear end gears, and front and rear locking diffs. Those are huge improvements over just bigger tires and flares.

Also, you retain the warranty. Another side effect is most of the info on your dash will be wrong such as speed and any of the fuel efficiency info like mpg or miles to empty. You will need to recalibrate your dash.

Of which you still spend money doing a lift with new tires.
Badlands already has the front/rear locking diffs. So its 4.7 gearing if going auto, different tires/wheels, wider flares and minor increase of lift (but you lose articulation) is the difference between non-squatch BL and squatch BL.

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

315ā€™s BFGā€™s will just barely touch the upper control arm at full cramp (non-articulated) with the +55 Badlands wheels. I would get something +30 or more if you are doing any hardcore off-roadingā€¦. The 4.46 doesnā€™t seem to mind the bigger rubber

Seabass772

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone received their Non-Sasquatch Badlands and installed 35s on it successfully with no lift? I'm curious if the <1" lift that the Sasquatch package has over the standard Badlands actually makes a difference or not when it comes to rubbing.

I opted for the Manual Transmission and I'm having a hard time paying $4k for the Sasquatch package, when it's mostly just different wheels, larger tires, a small lift and larger flares. After reading about how much people dislike the Goodyear tires, I am starting to think it would be a better idea to get a non-sasquatch and get my own wheels & tires after delivery, but I would prefer not to have to install an aftermarket lift. It seems like a waste of money to order the Sasquatch package and have to buy different tires upon delivery to avoid the Goodyears throwing rocks all over the side of my brand new vehicle.

Apologies if this has been asked in another thread recently. I looked around and most threads on this subject were created before people actually got their Broncos. This thread is more of intended for people that have actually done this to their own Bronco.
Iā€™m wondering what the benefit to having 35ā€™s is? The 33ā€™s look good and are off road capable.

Seabass772

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m wondering what the benefit to having 35ā€™s is? The 33ā€™s look good and are off road capable.
[/QUOTE
The Sasquatch package *absolutely* makes sense only if you want the automatic transmission. It's a huge waste of money on the manual and Ford knows that either people won't realize it or they'll just default to the auto if they do. I would bet the take rate of manual transmissions will decline in 2022 and beyond, and Ford will scrap it sooner rather than later.
I think the take rate on manuals will go up in 22 now that they offer the sasq package in manual. The only thing youā€™ll lose is trail turn assist.

Sponsored

Hank 615

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the take rate on manuals will go up in 22 now that they offer the sasq package in manual. The only thing youā€™ll lose is trail turn assist.
If they kept the Sasquatch at $2500 for Badlands then yeah I'd agree, but they're upcharging manual owners for choosing the stick. I think its going to lead a lot of people who are conscious of their money to either forego Sas or forego the manual, and I will bet the latter will be the prevailing choice.

SpeedTwin

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone received their Non-Sasquatch Badlands and installed 35s on it successfully with no lift? I'm curious if the <1" lift that the Sasquatch package has over the standard Badlands actually makes a difference or not when it comes to rubbing.

I opted for the Manual Transmission and I'm having a hard time paying $4k for the Sasquatch package, when it's mostly just different wheels, larger tires, a small lift and larger flares. After reading about how much people dislike the Goodyear tires, I am starting to think it would be a better idea to get a non-sasquatch and get my own wheels & tires after delivery, but I would prefer not to have to install an aftermarket lift. It seems like a waste of money to order the Sasquatch package and have to buy different tires upon delivery to avoid the Goodyears throwing rocks all over the side of my brand new vehicle.

Apologies if this has been asked in another thread recently. I looked around and most threads on this subject were created before people actually got their Broncos. This thread is more of intended for people that have actually done this to their own Bronco.
Everything I've read seems to point to 35s fitting a non sasquatch badlands. We may have to get different offset wheels. I'm hoping someone tries this too.

I am literally in the exact same situation as you.

The finance manager at my dealership ordered a non-Sas Badlands because he wasnā€™t impressed with the Goodyear tires, and also wanted his Bronco faster. After delivery he bought a set of 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers and a new set of 17" wheels with a smaller offset.

The suspension difference between Badlands and Sasquatch is less than 1/2ā€, so it's really close. He said he has zero clearance issues so far, but he suspects if you hit a hard enough bump it may hit. Though he didn't seem too worried about it at all.

For me personally, plan on sticking with the initial set of BFG KO2s since they are one of my favorite A/T tires ever. And then once the supply chains start to recover and prices (hopefully) start dropping, I'll look around for 35s.
Absolutely what I plan on too. I have a manual non sasquatch badlands on order. Should be no issue with 35s. I'll wait until my 33s wear out first.

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For a few off-roaders in hard core situations the slightly higher tire can give you some additional clearance to roll over obstacles.

For many, it is simply the look they want.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was all set on the SAS for the BL until I watched a suspension video . It mentioned how the 35 inch tires of the SAS on the BL reduces available suspension travel due to the size, while the standard 33 inch on the BL allows for greater wheel travel. SAS looks great, but the BL model looks great with the other wheel/ tire options . I went non SAS BL.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The biggest issue in my opinion are ruts. With so many people wheeling 35ā€™s, 37ā€™s, and now some 40ā€™s, if you get on rutted trails you have to drive off line if possible to keep from dragging. For most other situations, 33ā€™s are more than fine. I remember when 33ā€™s and a 6 inch lift was considered huge!

Sponsored

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The biggest issue in my opinion are ruts. With so many people wheeling 35ā€™s, 37ā€™s, and now some 40ā€™s, if you get on rutted trails you have to drive off line if possible to keep from dragging. For most other situations, 33ā€™s are more than fine. I remember when 33ā€™s and a 6 inch lift was considered huge!
THIS. Especially in deep mud holes. I was sitting on my
Skids last week because of this.

6C06C1B2-90EC-42E8-99AE-8FBDBFF20D5B.jpeg

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are missing out because Sasquatch is an entirely different suspension, different rear end gears, and front and rear locking diffs. Those are huge improvements over just bigger tires and flares.

Also, you retain the warranty. Another side effect is most of the info on your dash will be wrong such as speed and any of the fuel efficiency info like mpg or miles to empty. You will need to recalibrate your dash.

Badlands already comes with all of this without Sasquatch. Even the 4.7 gearing if you get manual. You are comparing to the other trims

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picking up my non-Sasquatch badlands today and going straight to tire shop to replace the 33s with 35s and +18 offset wheels. Mines an automatic so will have the 4.46 gears but Iā€™m fine with it. Jeep is only putting 4.56 on their 35in tire package.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

You need more study time, the knowledge will follow.
Sponsored