Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey folks.

I'm expecting my Badlands in a week or two and stoked as hell. I ordered the optional rims instead of stock and, honestly, have wished I'd gone Sas since I got my VIN.

While I love the look of the rims, I would like to add 35s instead of 33s. I am fairly good with the lift I want, so all good there.

I am learning, but still don't know sh!t about however, what size tires work with what rims.

My question to the group is: what 35s will fit on the 17 x 8 rims? Do I need to upgrade to 17 x 8.5 like the Sas to run 35s safely, or go completely after market? If possible, I'd like to keep the stock rims I'm paying $995 for!

Thanks!

A
Sponsored

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey folks.

I'm expecting my Badlands in a week or two and stoked as hell. I ordered the optional rims instead of stock and, honestly, have wished I'd gone Sas since I got my VIN.

While I love the look of the rims, I would like to add 35s instead of 33s. I am fairly good with the lift I want, so all good there.

I am learning, but still don't know sh!t about however, what size tires work with what rims.

My question to the group is: what 35s will fit on the 17 x 8 rims? Do I need to upgrade to 17 x 8.5 like the Sas to run 35s safely, or go completely after market? If possible, I'd like to keep the stock rims I'm paying $995 for!

Thanks!

A
ive learned its the "offset" on the rims youll need or spacers as mentioned, the wider tires will rub on the inside

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You wonā€™t have any issues. This is a friendā€˜s Badlands that he just put 35ā€™s on with no lift and crash bars are still installed.

F57A75A2-F91A-4E1C-A90A-2C6418B67A22.jpeg

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
ARock0ne

ARock0ne

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@grayshadow Freaking cool. Can you please tell me what tires he used?

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Local dealer put 35ā€™s on their demo and added. 2ā€ lift.
Ford Bronco 35s on optional Badlands rims? 2C6AEACC-B0C4-436A-A47B-D87AB2C412BE
Ford Bronco 35s on optional Badlands rims? 0ECAE6BE-95BA-4D31-8C1B-9B0EA4E2284F

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

35 just describes the height of the tire (or the diameter). There are all kinds of sized tires that are 35". For instance, I am running 35x13.5/17s that require a minimum of 9.5" wide rims. The tire dimensions will dictate what the minimum rim width can be. All manufacturers publish this.

But the bigger question you have is offset. The Sas wheels are +30 offset. The stock badlands wheels are +55. Because the tires on the sas are bigger (both wider and taller), they are moving the wheels further out away from the running gear.

You need to read up a lot in the wheels and tire threads. All the answers are there.
here's a good starter https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/stock-wheel-sizes.8137/
here's another good one. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/wheel-offset-and-backspace-how-do-they-relate.9910/
This one has images of the stamps inside the stock wheels: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...es-offsets-bolt-pattern-center-bore-āš™ļø.11893/

If you post the exact tires you want to get (manufacturer, model and size), I'll reply with the minimum wheel width and offset required to probably have no rubbing.

OP
OP
ARock0ne

ARock0ne

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
35 just describes the height of the tire (or the diameter). There are all kinds of sized tires that are 35". For instance, I am running 35x13.5/17s that require a minimum of 9.5" wide rims. The tire dimensions will dictate what the minimum rim width can be. All manufacturers publish this.

But the bigger question you have is offset. The Sas wheels are +30 offset. The stock badlands wheels are +55. Because the tires on the sas are bigger (both wider and taller), they are moving the wheels further out away from the running gear.

You need to read up a lot in the wheels and tire threads. All the answers are there.
here's a good starter https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/stock-wheel-sizes.8137/
here's another good one. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/wheel-offset-and-backspace-how-do-they-relate.9910/
This one has images of the stamps inside the stock wheels: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/āš™-2021-bronco-oem-factory-rims-wheels-specs-sizes-offsets-bolt-pattern-center-bore-āš™.11893/

If you post the exact tires you want to get (manufacturer, model and size), I'll reply with the minimum wheel width and offset required to probably have no rubbing.
Thanks bro. I'll study up.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey folks.

Thanks!

A
Iā€™m in the same boat as you, And was curious if you did any changes yet? Here is my BL:

529AC9E8-65A0-4AFF-A8B6-2BA846A96CDB.jpeg

OP
OP
ARock0ne

ARock0ne

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m in the same boat as you, And was curious if you did any changes yet? Here is my BL:

529AC9E8-65A0-4AFF-A8B6-2BA846A96CDB.jpeg
Hey there... actually had mine for about two weeks and love the look and handling as is. I also really like having crash bars for peace of mind. I may move up to 35s* with a lift at some point, but for now loving life.

20220106_104232_01.jpg

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey there... actually had mine for about two weeks and love the look and handling as is. I also really like having crash bars for peace of mind. I may move up to 35s* with a lift at some point, but for now loving life.

Ford Bronco 35s on optional Badlands rims? 20220106_104232_01
Totally get it!

those rims really are the best looking wheels in my opinion! Iā€™m fine keeping mine as is for now, as well. Great looking rig!!

American Sender

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco and 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey folks.

Thanks!

A
Did you ever make the swap to 35's? I plan on swapping the sasquatch wheels for a set of the Badlands optional wheels when the Goodyears wear out. I think I will try 35x11.5x17 tires.
Sponsored