Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed the Eibach stage 2 today.
My first take is that it’s friggin awesome.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

35x12.50 May “fit” the stock wheel, but they are going to have a bit of a “bulb” shape on such a narrower rim. You may have to play with the air pressures a bit to get a good contact patch and they will be more likely to roll of the bead, at lower pressures. You are probably much better off with a 285/75/17. It a bit over 34” and the factory wheel is probably just a bit undersized for the tire. It won’t rob as much power, will fit better, wear better and have better bead retention at lower pressures. We have one guy in our group with 37s on his BD wheels and he has popped a bead on the trail once already and they are definitely too wide for that wheel from a width/profile perspective.

Yeah, the 12.50 aspect tires are a bit wide, but there are a few 11.50s in 35 and even a 37 that fit the 7.5 inch rim just fine.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, the 12.50 aspect tires are a bit wide, but there are a few 11.50s in 35 and even a 37 that fit the 7.5 inch rim just fine.
Who makes the 37? 🍕

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow. Interesting. I missed that while debating tires. Wonder how they are.

Don't know, but they will be tempting when it's time for new tires.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Don't know, but they will be tempting when it's time for new tires.
Best part is Ford is now a dealer for Nitto. So, you can use points and generally when you buy tires from Ford, they offer great deals + additional points. That’s been my experience with our Transit anyhow.

…and at $451 a piece - you best know I’d be looking for a deal.

Ford Bronco 35s on stock Black Diamond wheels? CAA3B7E1-2812-4564-979C-EC8267377AB6

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fits and works properly aren’t the same. Again, if the OP doesn’t care about performance, they will probably “fit”. You can follow the general rule and then apply that against the tire of choice.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=198you can typically find the minimum recommended rim width from the manufacturer as well.

Manufacturer recommendations also typically consider recommended air pressures. If you are going to air down, the diameter of the tire also padditional leverage on the bead. The narrower the rim width, the more likely you are to pull a tire off the bead. This happens a lot and has happened specifically to our group already, with the same scenario, BD wheels (the owner subsequently got the proper wheels for the 37s).
Not trying to be argumentative, but a lot of people haven’t spent time off road and just want the biggest tire they can squeeze on, then end up breaking equipment, getting stranded or being disappointed because their vehicle doesn’t perform well.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fits and works properly aren’t the same. Again, if the OP doesn’t care about performance, they will probably “fit”. You can follow the general rule and then apply that against the tire of choice.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=198you can typically find the minimum recommended rim width from the manufacturer as well.

Manufacturer recommendations also typically consider recommended air pressures. If you are going to air down, the diameter of the tire also padditional leverage on the bead. The narrower the rim width, the more likely you are to pull a tire off the bead. This happens a lot and has happened specifically to our group already, with the same scenario, BD wheels (the owner subsequently got the proper wheels for the 37s).
Not trying to be argumentative, but a lot of people haven’t spent time off road and just want the biggest tire they can squeeze on, then end up breaking equipment, getting stranded or being disappointed because their vehicle doesn’t perform well.

I guess I'm losing your point since the sizes I've mentioned are recommended by the manufacturers for 7.5in rims and work fine, but if you don't want to use a 35 on the BD steelies, use what you like. The 11.50s fit, and not probably.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

View attachment 430555

...and then take pics and share the awesomeness with us... 😁

Probably be a while. I'm really planning to wear these tires out first. Of course, that's what I said about the other tires that lasted 9 months :)

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Probably be a while. I'm really planning to wear these tires out first. Of course, that's what I said about the other tires that lasted 9 months :)
I was gonna ask…thought you were the first running the Kendas.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was gonna ask…thought you were the first running the Kendas.

No, I put Toyo 255/80s on at the dealer before picking it up. Great tires but I just wanted bigger after dragging my belly too many times.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No, I put Toyo 255/80s on at the dealer before picking it up. Great tires but I just wanted bigger after dragging my belly too many times.
Oh, right. That was @BaseBD
Sponsored