BaseBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have ~13K miles on the 35x10.5 Kenda's. They have been wearing evenly and do not have much additional noise so far. Taken them on some mild-moderate rocky trails. Been go all around so far still but I am not a hardcore off-road rock crawler. What I do like in combination with the squatch suspension update you can push it really hard over rough/bumpy/uneven terrian and it handles it great.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What size lift do you have? Looks like you kept the front rake from this picture? Thanks

I have IR Icon coilovers. Measurement on rear is 27 inches center axle to metal fender and front is 26 inches center axle to metal fender. It has settled some since that picture and is a little more even.

KimDracula

Base
First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep CJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have IR Icon coilovers. Measurement on rear is 27 inches center axle to metal fender and front is 26 inches center axle to metal fender. It has settled some since that picture and is a little more even.
thanks. I have a 2 door base I’m picking up soon. I have a zone leveling lift kit, 2 inches in front and 1 in the rear. I have 35x11.5r 17 and I bought the 17x7.5 black diamond Steelies. I can’t find a lot of content on the look. Yours looks good. Hoping all my stuff will come out looking kind of like that.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fits and works properly aren’t the same. Again, if the OP doesn’t care about performance, they will probably “fit”. You can follow the general rule and then apply that against the tire of choice.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=198you can typically find the minimum recommended rim width from the manufacturer as well.

Manufacturer recommendations also typically consider recommended air pressures. If you are going to air down, the diameter of the tire also padditional leverage on the bead. The narrower the rim width, the more likely you are to pull a tire off the bead. This happens a lot and has happened specifically to our group already, with the same scenario, BD wheels (the owner subsequently got the proper wheels for the 37s).
Not trying to be argumentative, but a lot of people haven’t spent time off road and just want the biggest tire they can squeeze on, then end up breaking equipment, getting stranded or being disappointed because their vehicle doesn’t perform well.
I'm not doubting your experience but narrower wheels than recommended are typically called "poor man's beadlocks" because they are less likely to lose a bead. It makes sense to me because you have to push the sidewall in further to get to the point where you're pulling it away from the bead but I haven't spent much time aired below 15 psi so I'm just going off what I've read over the past 25 years. Either way, they're within spec so surely it's fine.

With that said, on road handling won't be as nice and attention to air pressure is more important to avoid crowning but those are the tradeoffs. I'm glad @kodiakisland pointed those tires out because I could see throwing them on BD wheels on day 1 and selling the sasquatch wheels/tires because those wheels poke out way too much for rock crawling, IMO.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not doubting your experience but narrower wheels than recommended are typically called "poor man's beadlocks" because they are less likely to lose a bead. It makes sense to me because you have to push the sidewall in further to get to the point where you're pulling it away from the bead but I haven't spent much time aired below 15 psi so I'm just going off what I've read over the past 25 years. Either way, they're within spec so surely it's fine.

With that said, on road handling won't be as nice and attention to air pressure is more important to avoid crowning but those are the tradeoffs. I'm glad @kodiakisland pointed those tires out because I could see throwing them on BD wheels on day 1 and selling the sasquatch wheels/tires because those wheels poke out way too much for rock crawling, IMO.
To narrow or to wide can both be problematic. Lots of factors for sure. I am going by specific experience on the trail, BD, on 37s, stock BD wheels. Lost a bead, the only one of the day, not a super tough spot, not super low pressure, rolled right off. We had others on 37s, 35s, 33s stock and aftermarket wheels, no issues (other than a cut sidewall on another 37, aftermarket wheels). Good part, it went right back on with a compressor and tow strap!
Sponsored