Sponsored

35s on stock non-Sasquatch Badlands wheel?

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the the stock badlands suspension different than the sasquatch suspension? Some have said yes, however no specifics on what that difference is. Would 35s fit on stock badlands and clear or do you have to have the sasquatch for 35s to clear? Looks like the gearing on stock badlands (non sasquatch) would be ok for 35s. Searched the existing forums didnt see what I needed.
35 M/ATs are an optional exchange in the system so yes it should I do believe... I’ll swap at the dealer for 35 ATs done and done.
Sponsored

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm with you. I don't know that there is a definitive answer yet though. People had thought they had figured out that the Sas package had .6" more lift and 10mm less uptravel. Then someone spoke to an Engineer from Ford and swears the suspension is exactly the same, except for the 10mm stop. If they are the same, then no problem except maybe you have to upgrade the plastic flares. Probably not though, probably fine. If the Sas does actually have more lift, then you might be in a bit of a bind on clearance. I'm hoping it is the same and would lean toward just trading and throwing on 35s for 1/5 of the cost or so of Sas.
Is the the stock badlands suspension different than the sasquatch suspension? Some have said yes, however no specifics on what that difference is. Would 35s fit on stock badlands and clear or do you have to have the sasquatch for 35s to clear? Looks like the gearing on stock badlands (non sasquatch) would be ok for 35s. Searched the existing forums didnt see what I needed.
I’m hoping this will help. Seems to me to be the same suspension just tires and rim are what you get when added to badlands trim
Ford Bronco 35s on stock non-Sasquatch Badlands wheel? AA4878BE-8381-4B6E-B9AC-C2524657F2DD

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My current plan is badlands no squatch and putting 35x12.5 on my stock rims. No bumpstops. Just see how she does.
Pretty much same here, I reserved a Badlands a few days ago and have been reading like crazy as I think of things.

I want to get the Badlands with 2.7 and without the Sasquatch. I think I would prefer the 4.46 axles to the 4.7 on the Sasquatch. I am undecided on if I want to try 35's after I wear through the 33's but I would like to be able to if I want. My concern is with the fancy Bilstein's doing an aftermarket lift kit will be difficult to impossible while keeping the Bilstein shocks since they are designed for a certain height. I could be wrong however since I've been driving sports cars for years. My last truck I didn't own long enough to lift it.

Last edited:

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as gearing, you'd be fine. The question of 'fit' will probably not be answered coherently until the Bronco is actually on a showroom floor. That said, anything can fit with the right about of backspacing and cutting :D

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My concern is with the fancy Bilstein's doing an aftermarket lift kit will be difficult to impossible while keeping the Bilstein shocks since they are designed for a certain height.
I don't think it would be that difficult, since it looks like Sas may only have a .6" lift over Badlands. New taller springs all around would work fine with the stock shocks to get that type of lift...when the aftermarket makes them. I added taller and stiffer springs to my Trail Teams FJ and kept the stock Bilstiens and it worked great.

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So much of this is going to depend on the exact tire diameter, tread design, and width. and if you decide to use aftermarket wheels or spacers. Since 35's come with sasquatch its probably safe to assume that there would be some rubbing at full jounce travel using the oem 35's with BL stock wheel travel. I'll go out on a limb and assume the steering clearance would be alright since the control arms are the same as far as I know. From what I know Ford does not tolerate "eh its not touching" for dynamic components, especially the tires. My guess is that they need to maintain at least 25mm clearance in all conditions, if not more.

So my assumption and hope is that 35's stock should have minimal rub if any (fingers crossed). I also assume this because, as we have seen, you can package 37's in the wheel wells with only a 2" lift. Perhaps even less depending on the kits available and the balance between jounce, rebound and ground clearance targets.

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think it would be that difficult, since it looks like Sas may only have a .6" lift over Badlands. New taller springs all around would work fine with the stock shocks to get that type of lift...when the aftermarket makes them. I added taller and stiffer springs to my Trail Teams FJ and kept the stock Bilstiens and it worked great.
Ahh yes that makes sense. So in theory you could take the Badlands suspension up to or slightly taller than Sasquatch but at some point you'll need struts.

I'm thinking like others that 35s will fit or mostly fit on Badlands suspension and if not I'm betting either Ford will offer or the aftermarket will offer Sasquatch spring kits.
Sponsored