Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just came across this video of the new F-150 with the 12” screen doing some off-road driving. At the 4 minute mark the driver goes into rock crawl mode and uses the 360 camera to see the trail.

I can’t help but think that the Bronco’s 360 camera and 12” screen will be very similar! Looks pretty sweet.

4F4093D8-D5CD-445B-B099-BF8073656A38.jpeg
Sponsored

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Starts at 4:25

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny, that makes me want it even less.I mean heck in that scenario I would find it better watching the trail than trying to follow that on a bouncing screen. :rolleyes:

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Funny, that makes me want it even less.I mean heck in that scenario I would find it better watching the trail than trying to follow that on a bouncing screen. :rolleyes:
The use case here wasn't great. It would be useful for a large obstacle; something you need to have a really good understanding of where your tires are. Granted, a spotter can do that for you but if you don't have someone with you or, more often in my case, someone who's comfortable spotting, this comes in handy.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It comes in handy when you’re driving on mountain shelf roads (i.e. Black Bear Pass) at 12k feet or cresting a ridge and cant see on the other side. Ive been running 360 camera on my f150 for 2yrs.

Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It comes in handy when you’re driving on mountain shelf roads (i.e. Black Bear Pass) at 12k feet or cresting a ridge and cant see on the other side. Ive been running 360 camera on my f150 for 2yrs.
Not sure if seeing the cliff edge on the top down view will be more or less comforting when driving a shelf road.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The use case here wasn't great. It would be useful for a large obstacle; something you need to have a really good understanding of where your tires are. Granted, a spotter can do that for you but if you don't have someone with you or, more often in my case, someone who's comfortable spotting, this comes in handy.
I guess time will tell. I'm going to end up with it as the wife wants the 12" screen. I just don't think I will use it much. I've always been fairly confident in choosing lines. Best thing you can do is get to know your vehicle and how the tires line up along with how it reacts in situations.
YMMV

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure if seeing the cliff edge on the top down view will be more or less comforting when driving a shelf road.
I was speaking more so on the front camera and cameras under the mirrors, not the aerial view.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It looked pretty good to me, seems like I could self spot a lot more in tougher situations. I really want it, but am torn on whether the $5k premium or so to jump to Badlands / high from Black Diomand to just get that is worth it.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I watched it again & I think it's more from the video recording of the video screen that gives me a headache watching it. I can see it coming in handy when the nose is pointed in the air & you've lost sight of the trail. Time will tell.

Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was speaking more so on the front camera and cameras under the mirrors, not the aerial view.
The aerial view is what the cameras under the mirrors are for. That's how it's able to render that shot. So, driving along a shelf road would generate the edge pretty clearly on the aerial view. Which is awesome, because you can get a good sense of how close to the edge you are. Until you're in a spot where you have no choice but be RIGHT on the edge. Then, at least in my case, it could actually end up being more unnerving than helpful.

edit: Thinking about it, we haven't seen any indication that it's a possibility but it would be super useful if we could toggle between the front, side and rear cameras at will.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

if you have the doors off, pretty sure you will see how close to the edge of a ridge you are. that digital dash in the new F150 is pretty sweet.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
if you have the doors off, pretty sure you will see how close to the edge of a ridge you are. that digital dash in the new F150 is pretty sweet.
On the driver side you will. Can't see the passenger tire from the driver seat.

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the 10 speed going to be the same one in the Bronco as the F-150? Looks like it was holding gear pretty well in the rock crawl/mud ruts modes.
Sponsored