Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Winch was on again, now off again... Dam I wish Ford would hurry up a say they have a relocation kit for the camera w/winch installed.
Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Winch was on again, now off again... Dam I wish Ford would hurry up a say they have a relocation kit for the camera w/winch installed.
You would have thought some Ford Rock Star would have looked at that camera position and said "Hey!, will the camera still work with the winch we offer?" I mean...Really!

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You would have thought some Ford Rock Star would have looked at that camera position and said "Hey!, will the camera still work with the winch we offer?" I mean...Really!
I bet the team that was working on the 360 cameras, and the team working on the winch integration, were on opposite sides of the building and weren't aware of what the other was doing.

This is why diversity in the workplace is so important. It only takes one person with a different experience or knowledge base to say "hey, wait a minute!"... but when you pack your camera and technology room with only technology people...

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The aerial view is what the cameras under the mirrors are for. That's how it's able to render that shot. So, driving along a shelf road would generate the edge pretty clearly on the aerial view. Which is awesome, because you can get a good sense of how close to the edge you are. Until you're in a spot where you have no choice but be RIGHT on the edge. Then, at least in my case, it could actually end up being more unnerving than helpful.

edit: Thinking about it, we haven't seen any indication that it's a possibility but it would be super useful if we could toggle between the front, side and rear cameras at will.
On my f150 mirror cameras, I can select each individually without the aerial view shown on the screen. Definitely comes in handy with such a big & tall truck. Not sure if they do on the Bronco or not, but when Im driving and turn my turn signal on, the mirror camera view appears on my screen (again comes in handy because my truck sits up so high that a smaller car or motorcycle could be there and not show up in my mirror or when I look over my shoulder).

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if you have the doors off, pretty sure you will see how close to the edge of a ridge you are. that digital dash in the new F150 is pretty sweet.
not on the passenger side and do you have your mirrors pointed down at your rear tires to monitor for sharp piercing rocks that could puncture your rear tire or you planning on sticking your head out the side and looking back?

Sponsored

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess I’m just confused on why we haven’t see any reviews or videos of this software on the Bronco yet.

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im hoping for a modular front bumper where you can integrate the winch inside the bumper instead of on top to minimize obstructions... maybe aftermarket I guess?

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The aerial view is what the cameras under the mirrors are for. That's how it's able to render that shot. So, driving along a shelf road would generate the edge pretty clearly on the aerial view. Which is awesome, because you can get a good sense of how close to the edge you are. Until you're in a spot where you have no choice but be RIGHT on the edge. Then, at least in my case, it could actually end up being more unnerving than helpful.

edit: Thinking about it, we haven't seen any indication that it's a possibility but it would be super useful if we could toggle between the front, side and rear cameras at will.
I was looking at F-150 reviews and they were showing off the same system. You can switch between different views including a super wide 180 degree forward view.

Starting around 10:00:

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm surprised there hasn't been a stink about how much blind spot there is with the 360 cameras, especially in the front. Not sure how useful the front views will be offroad.

Ford Bronco 360 Cam in Action on Sync 4 with the 12” Screen 1605984604075

Now compare with the F150 blind spots:
Ford Bronco 360 Cam in Action on Sync 4 with the 12” Screen 1605984819436

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm surprised there hasn't been a stink about how much blind spot there is with the 360 cameras, especially in the front. Not sure how useful the front views will be offroad.

Now compare with the F150 blind spots:
I'm ... not seeing much of a difference between the two?

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm ... not seeing much of a difference between the two?
Looks like almost 2.5 feet blind in the front of the Bronco. F150 is about a foot
Sponsored