Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Everyone,

Hoping maybe someone has dealt with this before me and might have some insight.

I've had the Bronco since late September and the cameras worked fine initially, sometime in early December when shifting to reverse it started to only display the backup camera full screen, (no birds eye section on the screen).

I did some troubleshooting and and verified fuses were good, tried disconnecting battery for 5 mins etc. Nothing fixed the problem so I scheduled an appointment with the dealership.

Took it to the dealership and they thought it was the camera, they ordered one and I went back to have them install it. That didn't work and they couldn't figure it out so they put in a call to the ford to advise on what to do next. Yesterday I took it in a third time and they tried the things ford said and they still can't figure it out.

So now I'm just putting this out there incase maybe someone else has had this issue and might have an idea.

Some things I've noticed in my own troubleshooting.

-Pressing the camera button while under 5mph, should normally turn the cameras on, but it does nothing.
-Pressing the camera button while over 5mph, should normally prompt the warning message saying something along the lines of "this feature disabled over 5mph" , which it does.
- When shifted into reverse the back up camera does display, but it takes the entire screen, there are also no parking guidelines on the screen. The on screen buttons to change camera view are present in the upper left but they don't respond when pressed.
-Switching to baja mode would normally display the front camera but it does not.

I've also found that if I start the engine and shit into reverse before the boot up screens finish, the cameras will display correctly (backup camera with parking guides, and the overhead 360 view) for about a half a second before it switches over to the full screen backup camera without parking guides. If I let the loading screens finish, it will not display correctly for that half second, it just goes straight to the reverse camera in full screen.

Since I can get it to display for a half second, I'm assuming all the camera hardware, wires and connectors are ok. I'm thinking there must be a software issue, or some other sensor etc. that talks to the camera system programming that is preventing things displaying correctly.

Other than this issue everything else has been great and works fine .

Before anyone asks, no I didn't wax it :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

OP
OP
mintypickleman

mintypickleman

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn maybe too much taco bell was my problem all along! I like the mistake to much to edit so its gonna stay like that

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have absolutely no clue, but I too shit when going in reverse. 😂

If one was to spitball… again, no legitimate clue… is there possibly something to check with the “As Built” profiles? It sounds like some modules know you have 360 cams, and others don’t… possibly there is a disconnect, some confusion between the APIM and a module? It’s as if sync doesn’t have the validation codes to allow the features to correctly work

Have you messed around in Forscan at all?

Are you up to date on the OTA’s?

Thank god you didn’t wax it… could you imagine what else would be going on?!

OP
OP
mintypickleman

mintypickleman

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have absolutely no clue, but I too shit when going in reverse. 😂

If one was to spitball… again, no legitimate clue… is there possibly something to check with the “As Built” profiles? It sounds like some modules know you have 360 cams, and others don’t… possibly there is a disconnect, some confusion between the APIM and a module? It’s as if sync doesn’t have the validation codes to allow the features to correctly work

Have you messed around in Forscan at all?

Are you up to date on the OTA’s?

Thank god you didn’t wax it… could you imagine what else would be going on?!
Nope, I've never done anything in Forscan.

I've also double checked I'm up to date on the updates.

BUCKTOWN

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FE Ford Bronco, Porsche Macan Turbo
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did you find a fix for this issue?

Sponsored

Mobrap

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My 2023 bronco raptor doing exactly the same thing… it started after I took it in for PPF and some minor color match. Did you ever find a solution here

OP
OP
mintypickleman

mintypickleman

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2023 bronco raptor doing exactly the same thing… it started after I took it in for PPF and some minor color match. Did you ever find a solution here
Hey I meant to update this post after it got resolved but I forgot.

I ended up taking it in 4 times,
the first was for diagnostics, they ordered a replacement camera I think.
Second time they put in the camera(s) they ordered, it didn't fix the problem more diagnostics, They reached out to ford for advice. Ford advised to replace apmb module.
Third time they installed new apmb module. Still didn't work. They reached out to ford again. This time they told them to replace a coax cable (not sure which one/ ones)
Fourth time they replaced the coax cable or cables and that fixed the issue.

I think in one of the first diagnostics they checked the coax cable and it appeared to be ok. That's why they didn't do try that sooner.

Each time I took it in I picked it up same day except for the 2nd time they kept it overnight and gave me a loaner.

Mobrap

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow, that's a journey. Appreciate the help... will try this. As a note, I'm noticing that when the 360 does work briefly post engine start, I can see that the front cam is flickering, so my assumption is that it's that front cam cable. Will update once I have more.

Mobrap

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well I dunno wtf going on… just started working with zero issues as of yesterday lol

gwseybold

Badlands
First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey I meant to update this post after it got resolved but I forgot.

I ended up taking it in 4 times,
the first was for diagnostics, they ordered a replacement camera I think.
Second time they put in the camera(s) they ordered, it didn't fix the problem more diagnostics, They reached out to ford for advice. Ford advised to replace apmb module.
Third time they installed new apmb module. Still didn't work. They reached out to ford again. This time they told them to replace a coax cable (not sure which one/ ones)
Fourth time they replaced the coax cable or cables and that fixed the issue.

I think in one of the first diagnostics they checked the coax cable and it appeared to be ok. That's why they didn't do try that sooner.

Each time I took it in I picked it up same day except for the 2nd time they kept it overnight and gave me a loaner.

Oh no ... I'm about to take it in for my 2nd visit. Very similar problem on my end. Black screens anytime I try to use any of the cameras. Backup, 360, trail cams ... nothing works.

1st visit in they looked everything over and reset the programming.

I sent my dealership this thread, and a screenshot, and I've reached out to Ford here on the forums ... really hoping I don't have to take the car in 4 times. My dealer isn't giving loaners and I need to get to work.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine goes out intermittently. Just about once a month I lose one of the side cameras, but it starts working after shutting engine off. Dealership couldn't fix it.
Sponsored